PDA

View Full Version : a/c compressor

vxfocus
07/11/2012, 07:21 PM
so finaly got the right comressor after the first two i ordered were wrong.all the parts houses say the vx has a hd6 gm compressor...WRONG.if any one needs you buy one for a 98 rodeo and you should be in good shape

evillecutter
07/12/2012, 06:18 AM
many threads about this all the parts books are wrong - should be one of two models either DKV-14D or DKV-14G depending on which year you have - either look at the old compressor or sticker on the firewall on drivers side to know which one for sure

vxfocus
07/12/2012, 08:53 AM
Mine just said zexel dkv.didnt say 14d or g.never knew the compresor info was on the firewall,that would have saved me a ton of trouble.anyone know the difference between the d and g models

evillecutter
07/12/2012, 09:41 AM
99 and 00 models should have 14d and 01 should be 14g - i think the difference is in 01 they changed it to make it fit better (it has one less piece sticking out of it) but i could be wrong on that

Mondo
08/10/2012, 12:30 PM
I'm about to order a new a/c compressor. I checked the sticker on the firewall of my 2001 Ironman (mfg Dec 2000) and it says DKV-14D. FWIW, not that you couldn't check yourself :winky:

If all goes well I'll be posting a photo how-to for replacing in a few weeks.

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/thumbs/photo20.JPG (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/22721)

windbiscuit
08/22/2012, 12:22 PM
Hi guys. I just ordered a new a/c compressor-clutch on Ebay from a place in Texas. It claimed to be brand new and compatible with Vehicross. $160 with free expedited shipping. Though the numbers did not match anything listed here the seller's rating was 99.9% so I grabbed it anyway. I did this even though my mechanic is searching for a compressor right now. Bet my part arrives before they can even locate one. I find that parts are so difficult to obtain for our vintage Vehicross these days (they had to go to Australia to find an damned window regulator last year and a year before that they deemed it impossible to locate a radiator for my a/c so they had to just try to weld repairs on the one I have) that I now do my own searches to find them. Do you think I was a fool to take a chance on this part? Anyone else have experience replacing the a/c compressor with a part that does not match the number on the firewall?

VXorado
08/22/2012, 02:25 PM
Hi guys. I just ordered a new a/c compressor-clutch on Ebay from a place in Texas. It claimed to be brand new and compatible with Vehicross. $160 with free expedited shipping. Though the numbers did not match anything listed here the seller's rating was 99.9% so I grabbed it anyway. I did this even though my mechanic is searching for a compressor right now. Bet my part arrives before they can even locate one. I find that parts are so difficult to obtain for our vintage Vehicross these days (they had to go to Australia to find an damned window regulator last year and a year before that they deemed it impossible to locate a radiator for my a/c so they had to just try to weld repairs on the one I have) that I now do my own searches to find them. Do you think I was a fool to take a chance on this part? Anyone else have experience replacing the a/c compressor with a part that does not match the number on the firewall?

I'd find a new mechanic. Drive train parts are easy to find because the VX shares parts with Rodeos/Troopers.

The A/C needs to be a Zexel and should match the engine sticker. The correct compressor will look like the one below. Evil & I bought the same reman unit on ebay (listed under a rodeo??) for $200 and it works like a champ.

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/A-C-AC-COMPRESSOR-1994-97-ISUZU-TROOPER-RODEO-REMAN-/15/!BzcJcSw!2k~$(KGrHqN,!jcEw47N!+YtBMWEr6P2Mw~~_12.J PG