PDA

View Full Version : Petersen Visit update...not lookin' good

Baldwin
07/11/2012, 06:32 PM
Please see the comment below:

Due to scheduled exhibitions, the VX-O2 will not be on display, but it is available to see in the Vault. As previously mentioned, in order to access the Vault a fee of $2500 is required. Unfortunately I cannot waive the Vault fee as it is a new policy for Vault tours. In terms of scanning the VX-02, you will need to have permission from the company/manufacturer. Otherwise, the museum is not allowed to scan a vehicle without proper authorization. If you’d like to move forward, please send me your preferred dates and I will check with our staff’s schedule. Thank you.

Best regards,

Education Program Scheduling Coordinator

vt_maverick
07/11/2012, 06:44 PM
If I could find a way to go I'd definitely pitch in. But I know that's a lot if you've been before.

blacksambo
07/11/2012, 07:52 PM
I'd tell'em to forget it and put the car out at the curb up for adoption. $2500.00 bucks to look at one car?? What are they crazy? Nobody will ever pay that, and I don't think Isuzu wanted that when they donated it.

Y33TREKker
07/12/2012, 08:44 AM
I've been doing this all wrong.

Every time I've been approached in public by a curious party wanting to know more about my VX, I've ignorantly obliged for free.

But to now find out that I'd have been able to make thou$and$ by simply calling myself an Education Program Scheduling Coordinator, calling my garage a "Vault", and asking those people to schedule access in advance for a future viewing appointment in said "Vault" makes me realize I've been way too unselfish as a fellow automotive enthusiast.

Live and learn.

:fyi:

The Y33TREKker VX Vault
Flexible Business Hours (Call for Appointment)
1-800-CMY-VX4$

vt_maverick
07/12/2012, 09:27 AM
Lol Trek... :thumbup:

The only reason I'd pitch in is that it would likely be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for me to see it. Has Petersen ever actually had the VX-O2 on the museum show floor?

JoFotoz
07/12/2012, 10:59 AM
The vault at Peterson is SO MUCH MORE...
.... than just the chance to 'look at one car'.

Its a veritable treasure trove of automobile history, with no ropes or do not touch signs..
..up close and personal!

Vehicles you will only ever see in picture form, let alone crawl under.
Restorations in all stages, from total strip downs to fully re built.
Concepts/Customs/work shop areas etc etc etc .

Its an Aladdins cave ...and any serious car nut...
....would give a 'nut' to get in there!

Is $2500 crazy...it depends on how many people that covers.

If its ten people...is $ 250 expensive for a once in a lifetime experience?
If its 20 people @ $125 each......you'll remember it way longer ( for ever!) than two mediocre Outback Steak nights......!!!

I applaud Baldwin (again!!) for setting this up a few years ago for a bunch of us...
...and sympathize with him, now that he's dealing with new "rules".

Jo

Y33TREKker
07/12/2012, 11:59 AM
Well I say have at it for anyone that interested in seeing the VX02 and all the other assorted vehicles at that price. That's not saying that the history represented by those various vehicles isn't worth consideration, only that it simply seems a little odd to me that someone who was specifically trying to schedule an appointment that would include seeing a specific vehicle would only later be told that the specific vehicle in question would now NOT be available at said viewing unless a new fee of $2500 was coughed up.

I mean, I realize it's possible that I've missed something in the preparation updates since reading them hasn't been a priority for me since I know that I wouldn't be going anyway, but seeing as how Baldwin was trying to schedule a visit that would potentially include various VXinfo members, I'd think that the VX02 would have most likely been brought up when attempting to determine when such a specific visit would yield being able to actually view that specific vehicle.

Scott Larson
07/12/2012, 01:02 PM
I'm with Trek on this one. I have no problem with admission fees for museums, exhibitions, shows, etc... but to charge such an exorbitant price to view a collection seems quite outrages. Nothing at all against Baldwin, he obviously feels bad about dropping that bombshell on the members here. Now, if you get a cocktail meet-and-greet with dinner plus driving privileges for any car in the collection on a closed course with an overnight stay at a luxury suite, I'm IN...maybe. :_steering

JoFotoz
07/12/2012, 02:00 PM
I would be interested to hear from others that were lucky enough to get access for free...
...as to what value they would put on it.

I agree Scott, Baldwin has been dealt a bad hand here , mid game ...
...he was trying to organize a repeat visit in all good faith, with the possibility
of the VX02 being on general display as well.

To me, those poking fun at his position and effort...
....especially with no intention of partaking... seemed rather harsh.

And he77 ya..for $2500...I'd want all you mention :rolleyes:

But this was aimed at a group effort/gathering...and even though 20 people may be hard to muster...

..its a REAL one off experience.

I'd be interested to know WHY the charge is there now, and why so high???
Liability Insurance, security, tour guide...???
Does that include main Museum entry too??

Knowing what I do about it now,...$250 is a BIG stretch..given 10 people.

However, if 20 can be rounded up...$125 for the sheer OMG/WOW/DROOL factor ( thats one NFL game live...!!)...

..yea, I'd say so!

Jo

Y33TREKker
07/12/2012, 02:16 PM
To me, those poking fun at his position and effort...
....especially with no intention of partaking... seemed rather harsh.

Jo
I would say I was surprised that that's how you chose to interpret my comments in this thread...but I'm simply not. You once stated that you often have difficulty getting the "gist" of what I'm saying, and you've proven it once again in this thread.

That you would have read my comments as in ANY way poking fun at Baldwin for his efforts was simply (deliberate?) ignorance on your part, especially since no one else seemed to take it that way. (Hey, you're going to accuse me of something like that, I'm not going to hesitate to correct your ignorance, or go out of my way to spare you any embarrassment).

You want to keep playing this personal mud slinging game with me though, that's entirely up to you.

JoFotoz
07/12/2012, 02:50 PM
Yea Trek...silly me for talking on a subject/event I know about, and would / have taken part in.

My bad.

But to now find out that I'd have been able to make thou$and$ by simply calling myself an Education Program Scheduling Coordinator, calling my garage a "Vault", and asking those people to schedule access in advance for a future viewing appointment in said "Vault" makes me realize I've been way too unselfish as a fellow automotive enthusiast.

Live and learn.

The Y33TREKker VX Vault
1-800-CMY-VX4$

Yup...Once again I missed your gist.

But hey, if you dont see that as poking fun....

....it explains ALOT!

jo

Y33TREKker
07/12/2012, 05:12 PM
And yet it's obvious that you've STILL not gotten the gist of what I've said, or who I've been referring to.

Your bad indeed.

PK
07/12/2012, 05:18 PM
The Petersen is in LA, right??

That is one of the International airports I could fly into or out of Moab next year.

What is the chance of setting up a visit around one week before or after Moab??
I would throw in $500 to get the ball rolling provided I can take photos.

PK

JoFotoz
07/12/2012, 06:10 PM
So Treker...

By 'still not getting the gist' you mean that when...

You belittle the premise, and sarcastically parody the effort...
..on an event you state you wont be taking part in.

And you rudely dismiss Baldwins position...
.... "" by simply calling myself an Education Program Scheduling Coordinator"'

All after admitting you "might" of missed something in the updates .....

:_thinking

Yet when I simply call it "rather harsh"...

...it arouses this kind of defensive angst in you ?

You are right....I don't "get the gist".

And I'll leave it at that.

jo

JoFotoz
07/12/2012, 06:15 PM
Yup PK...

The Petersen is in LA, right??
That is one of the International airports I could fly into or out of Moab next year.What is the chance of setting up a visit around one week before or after Moab??
I would throw in $500 to get the ball rolling provided I can take photos.
PK

....Peterson Museum is in LA.
We took GAZILLIONS of photos last time..so yea, they are (where!) cool with that.

And hey, if you fly into LA, ya can co-pilot the ORW with me to..

..and at... :_steering

...Moab...if that fits your plans.

I may have a spare bed in the Moab room too if you wanna share...
.....unless you snore louder than I do :p

Jo

Y33TREKker
07/12/2012, 08:59 PM
So Treker...

By 'still not getting the gist' you mean that when...

You belittle the premise, and sarcastically parody the effort...
..on an event you state you wont be taking part in.

And you rudely dismiss Baldwins position...
.... "" by simply calling myself an Education Program Scheduling Coordinator"'

All after admitting you "might" of missed something in the updates .....

:_thinking
Belittle the premise and sarcastically parody the effort? And you got all of that just because I considered a $2500 "Vault" fee somewhat ridiculous?

And not only that, it seems rather obvious at this point that the Education Program Scheduling Coordinator in this instance is the person at Peterson that Baldwin has been corresponding with in an effort to set up a group viewing. If that's not the case, I'll apologize to Baldwin personally...although I'm pretty sure that it would also be apparent to even him that the "gist" of my original post was joking in nature given the relative cost of the "Vault" viewing fee as compared to automotive museums others have mentioned in this very thread. I mean, do I REALLY need to repeat that $2500 figure AGAIN???

Yet when I simply call it "rather harsh"...

...it arouses this kind of defensive angst in you ?

You are right....I don't "get the gist".

And I'll leave it at that.

jo
Well as I stated before, my comments were obviously directed towards the Peterson Museum and their outrageous pricing structure, and not at Baldwin himself (which will STILL be the case EVEN IF he identifies himself as the Education Program Scheduling Coordinator). Everyone else in this thread seemed to pick up on my intent...but not you...no...you instead chose to try to make this an opportunity to once again call my actions/character into question.

So defensive angst is one way to portray my responses (and once again, not surprising to me since it's coming from you), but another way to view you trying to portray me in that way is simply purposeful ignorance on your part in an effort to continue trying to settle an old score. It doesn't take a rocket science to figure this stuff out after all.

And I would say I'd leave it at that too, but for some reason I don't think you'll let this be the end of it, whether it be right away, or sometime in the future again like you've done in this thread.

And anyway...as I've already said...if you don't have a problem with that $2500 fee and can garner enough interest to defray the total amongst an adequate number of vault visitors...more power to you....Have at it. Given all the defensive angst you've put into your responses, it seems that a visit to the Peterson Vault would obviously mean a great deal to you on a personal level. And if you do, I honestly hope it lives up to all those grand expectations you so eloquently stated in your earlier response.

Scott Larson
07/12/2012, 09:14 PM
Now boys, do I have to send you to your room, can't we all just get along? (I think Rodney King asked that question...) :_confused

Y33TREKker
07/12/2012, 09:27 PM
Now boys, do I have to send you to your room..
You can, but I have to inform you that sending me to my room is contingent on a $2500 surcharge since I currently refer to my room as the "Vault".

Don't know what else to tell you, that is simply current policy, and the fee can't be waived. :p

Scott Larson
07/12/2012, 09:32 PM
LOL!! Troublemaker... :slap:

PK
07/12/2012, 10:24 PM
Yup PK...

....Peterson Museum is in LA.
We took GAZILLIONS of photos last time..so yea, they are (where!) cool with that.

And hey, if you fly into LA, ya can co-pilot the ORW with me to..

..and at... :_steering

...Moab...if that fits your plans.

I may have a spare bed in the Moab room too if you wanna share...
.....unless you snore louder than I do :p

Jo

Hmmm, sounds good Jo.

And all for a bag of cheese twisties???
My wife snores - I don't.

We will need to talk a little closer to the time..

PK

JoFotoz
07/12/2012, 11:21 PM
Well treker.....despite saying I'll leave it, that length of retort deserves a reply...
...if only so ya know it wasn't wasted effort!

I think one of the problems is that so much is lost in written posts relative to
intonation, diction and inflection...

For instance,,,your last line would seem to suggest that you think I haven't been to Peterson Museum...??

Surely not...but it reads that way

You also seem to suggest that I'm linking Baldwin and the Education Program guy.....as one and the same???

My bad if it read that way.
Baldwin is taking the time/effort to deal with this guy AFAIK..and apparently got blindsided by the new rules.

My point (if it really matters anymore!!)..and the genesis of the simple "rather harsh" comment .....
...was about the perceived mockery/parody of Baldwins efforts on behalf of others relative to another Peterson visit.
And it was compounded by the fact that it was coming from someone not even interested in getting involved.

Surely if you can poke fun/parody at Baldwins efforts with Petersons..
...then a simple "rather harsh" poke from me shouldn't lead to the this B/S.

As for "an old score"..lets spell it out.
The disagreements we've had regarding the voluntary yearly $20 donation to help keep this site up and running,
that you amongst others (are at liberty to) eschew.

The "old score" you allude to could be true in a rather petty world..
....but given I've made several very good friends here that don't donate either...
..I trust you now realize your postulation is flawed.

Ya know what Treker, I hope one day we get to meet and have a beer...
..and maybe even figure out that we are not as much at odds with each other as it sometimes seems.

Until then , I'd suggest we both need to "think twice...type once".

:_beer:

Jo

JoFotoz
07/12/2012, 11:25 PM
"A" bag of Twisties...
Dude you get one t/shirt and one pair of clean underoos...
...the rest of your luggage needs to be Yellow, and twisted!

Hmmm, sounds good Jo.

And all for a bag of cheese twisties???
My wife snores - I don't.

We will need to talk a little closer to the time..

PK

Yea..we'll figure it out in 2013..
..but it could work out real well for us both.
Who knows, after unloding all the goodies...
...you'll have room to take more ex ORW parts home to add to those already on your VX !

ATB

Jo

Y33TREKker
07/13/2012, 07:46 AM
Well treker.....despite saying I'll leave it, that length of retort deserves a reply...
...if only so ya know it wasn't wasted effort!
I'm honored.

I think one of the problems is that so much is lost in written posts relative to
intonation, diction and inflection...
Are you admitting to it, or implying it's me who is at fault?

For instance,,,your last line would seem to suggest that you think I haven't been to Peterson Museum...??

Surely not...but it reads that way
Your description suggests that's what you perceived I meant by what I wrote, but it wasn't. And even if it had been...what difference would that have made anyway? Whether or not you've already been to the place is nothing to get defensive and angsty about IMO anyway.

You also seem to suggest that I'm linking Baldwin and the Education Program guy.....as one and the same???

My bad if it read that way.
OK, your bad.

Baldwin is taking the time/effort to deal with this guy AFAIK..and apparently got blindsided by the new rules.
I've already said that myself.

My point (if it really matters anymore!!)..and the genesis of the simple "rather harsh" comment .....
...was about the perceived mockery/parody of Baldwins efforts on behalf of others relative to another Peterson visit.
And it was compounded by the fact that it was coming from someone not even interested in getting involved.

Surely if you can poke fun/parody at Baldwins efforts with Petersons..
...then a simple "rather harsh" poke from me shouldn't lead to the this B/S.
I've already said that the intent of my joke was not directed at Baldwin. Are you even reading my responses??

As for "an old score"..lets spell it out.
The disagreements we've had regarding the voluntary yearly $20 donation to help keep this site up and running,
that you amongst others (are at liberty to) eschew.

The "old score" you allude to could be true in a rather petty world..
....but given I've made several very good friends here that don't donate either...
..I trust you now realize your postulation is flawed.
That there has been nothing for me to realize is what you still do not realize. The description you just made of our disagreements regarding site donations is a clear indication that your interpretations of my comments remain flawed.

Ya know what Treker, I hope one day we get to meet and have a beer...
I like beer.

..and maybe even figure out that we are not as much at odds with each other as it sometimes seems.
Aside from your apparent predisposition to try to portray me negatively as you continually do, I never said that we were.

Until then , I'd suggest we both need to "think twice...type once".

:_beer:

Jo
You first. :p

vt_maverick
07/13/2012, 09:17 AM
You know it's pretty nifty, after you click all the multi/quote buttons and assemble the text on the Advanced post page you can copy/paste that into a PM and it'll work there. Unfortunately you do lose the ability to show what an internet bad-*** you are in front of the other kids though.

Scott Harness
07/13/2012, 09:34 AM
Unfortunately you do lose the ability to show what an internet bad-*** you are in front of the other kids though.

These kind of things wouldn't happen if everybody payed their 5 1/2 cents a day!:laughing: Cut out a latte or two!

wintermute
07/13/2012, 10:19 AM
I would still be interested in doing this. Too bad about the scanning, although with enough well positioned photographs you can extract a 3D model anyway. It's called stereophotogrammetry (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Photogrammetry).

JoFotoz
07/13/2012, 11:17 AM
If it doesnt pan out to shoot/scan the VX02 again...

I would still be interested in doing this. Too bad about the scanning, although with enough well positioned photographs you can extract a 3D model anyway. It's called stereophotogrammetry (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Photogrammetry).

...I'm sure that between all that went last time we can come up with
plenty of pics for you to run a decent 3D extraction.

The fit was pretty good on the visible / exterior mods....

...but Oh Boy, the interior/hidden bracing etc was Heath Robinson personified :smack:

Jo

VXR
07/13/2012, 11:41 PM

Every time I've been approached in public by a curious party wanting to know more about my VX, I've ignorantly obliged for free.

Live and learn.

The Y33TREKker VX Vault
1-800-CMY-VX4$

:laughb:

Settle down Jo it was a funny post and NO ONE but YOU thought he was attacking Baldwin:rollb2:

Baldwin
07/14/2012, 12:54 AM
Wow...what a heated discussion. I didn't expect that considering the last few updates I gave had only a few responses. I purposely deleted the name of the person that works at the Peterson. I'm not the "Education whatever." I'm working with the same person that I worked with last time and her boss that gave us the free tour of the vault last time. They KNOW that the ONLY reason we want to go to the Petersen is to see the VX-O2. They are 100% sure that we would not go there for any other car. That being said, the Petersen was recently bought out and both the "Educational Coordinator" and her boss has been trying for the last few months to get the new management to either display the VX-O2 in rotation so that we don't have to pay, or waive the fee to allow us to view it in the vault. I'm also in communication with Chif at Isuzu Japan. He was one of the designers and he is able to get us written permission from Isuzu to scan the car. I have asked the Petersen if we have permission to scan it, would they still charge us the $2500 since it would most likely be in the vault or moved to an open area to make the scan. So yes, I've been very detailed and diligent to try to make this happen at no cost. The 2 people I worked with before are very understanding and want us there. But the new owners don't know us or the history of the VX-O2. My uncle was a major donor to the museum as well. He pulled out when the new management took place so even he wasn't able to get me the hook up. I hope that answers some questions. Thanks JoFotoz for havin' my back. We did get some great pics last time. Maybe one of us will one day make that mod. "West Coast Customs" quote is between $50k-$80k. GAS is interested to do it, but their legal department said "no" due to liabilities. Chip Foose never returns my calls. I didn't feel comfortable with the ghetto chop shops that said they'd do it.

VXR
07/14/2012, 02:05 AM
Thanks JoFotoz for havin' my back

Guess I was wrong:_thinking

Scott Larson
07/14/2012, 07:36 AM
Hey, it happens to everyone at one time or another... :slap:

Anita
07/15/2012, 12:09 AM
Baldwin, thanks for all you are doing to get us into that vault. Once was not certainly not enough-- I would love to see all those beautiful toys including our VX-02 again. Please, if you correspond with Chif again, send him my regards. He was instrumental in the big L.A. VX meet in 2001. Keep us posted and dont give up.

Y33TREKker
07/15/2012, 09:42 AM
...Unfortunately you do lose the ability to show what an internet bad-*** you are in front of the other kids though.

These kind of things wouldn't happen if everybody payed their 5 1/2 cents a day!:laughing: Cut out a latte or two!
I stand corrected. Jo isn't the only person who apparently has difficulty getting the "gist" and intent of my comments (in this thread and obviously those of the past).

Ldub
07/15/2012, 01:12 PM
I stand corrected. Jo isn't the only person who apparently has difficulty getting the "gist" and intent of my comments (in this thread and obviously those of the past).

Well...at least he's in good company...:yesgray:

Last anyone checked, it was you, & that one other guy, that can comprehend the "gist"...:_thinking

While certain other members queries, such as, & I quote: "what WOULD be an acceptable method of promoting site support", go unanswered...:_confused

You're obviously just that much smarter than everyone else...and that's gotta be tough...dealing with us "lower forms" in every aspect, of every waking moment, every day, for as long as you walk the earth.

Hope you're able to sleep well, it must be such sweet refuge...:sleepgray

LittleBeast
07/15/2012, 03:09 PM

Nope there are a lot of us, that in no way get your "gist" and don't really care to :bwgy:

Y33TREKker
07/15/2012, 06:24 PM
Well...at least he's in good company...:yesgray:
Even if it is all of you saying so yourself...right?

Last anyone checked, it was you, & that one other guy, that can comprehend the "gist"...:_thinking
Well it seems obvious that's the opinion that YOU are going to have. Opinions vary though.

While certain other members queries, such as, & I quote: "what WOULD be an acceptable method of promoting site support", go unanswered...:_confused
On the contrary. I've explained my thoughts on that subject more times than should have been necessary. Some are aware and have actually said that it's you and some others who simply haven't understood.

You're obviously just that much smarter than everyone else...and that's gotta be tough...dealing with us "lower forms" in every aspect, of every waking moment, every day, for as long as you walk the earth.
That's your opinion of me, not my opinion of myself. And quite frankly, it's those kinds of portrayals you continually try to make of me that I'm always trying to correct. You have your opinion of me, and you think you're right. You thinking that you're right doesn't actually mean that you are though.

Hope you're able to sleep well, it must be such sweet refuge...:sleepgray
If that's some sort of indirect or subconscious request on your part to see for yourself how well I sleep at night, I'll have to respectfully decline. I don't play for that team...not that there's anything wrong with that. :p But since you seem so concerned for my well being...yes, I sleep just fine. Thank you.

Y33TREKker
07/15/2012, 06:26 PM
Nope there are a lot of us, that in no way get your "gist" and don't really care to :bwgy:
And there's the rub. That you don't care to is why you never get said "gist".

VXobsession
07/15/2012, 06:31 PM
Trekker, don't feel so singled out....Jo has picked on me and picked through my words a bit in the past too. I usually just unplug for a few days to pout about it but I always come back for more, mainly because he's not the only *** I deal with from day to day and I shouldn't let just one *** bring me down. Get over it sweety, don't give him the satisfaction of f**king with your head. He likes that.

On the other hand, I personally have never been to California and a trip there, along with a museum stop to see something I couldn't see anywhere else, would definitely be worth some $$$$$ to me. I'd be willing to pay $300-500 for the fee, along with the other hundreds it would take me in fuel to drive my gas-guzzling VX.

Y33TREKker
07/15/2012, 06:51 PM
Trekker, don't feel so singled out....Jo has picked on me and picked through my words a bit in the past too. I usually just unplug for a few days to pout about it but I always come back for more, mainly because he's not the only *** I deal with from day to day and I shouldn't let just one *** bring me down. Get over it sweety, don't give him the satisfaction of f**king with your head. He likes that.
If he actually thinks he's f**king with my head with his comments, he really HASN'T been getting the "gist" of my comments. ;)

On the other hand, I personally have never been to California and a trip there, along with a museum stop to see something I couldn't see anywhere else, would definitely be worth some $$$$$ to me. I'd be willing to pay $300-500 for the fee, along with the other hundreds it would take me in fuel to drive my gas-guzzling VX.
And I'll repeat what I've said before. If you or anyone else is THAT inclined to see the VX-02 at that price, more power to you. I think it would be interesting to see too, and on one of my trips to LA in the past, it was me amongst the group of friends I was with who suggested the Peterson Museum as a possible stop while we were in town. So for Jo to have suggested that I wouldn't appreciate such a visit myself was yet another incorrect and uninformed assumption on his part.

Getting back on topic though, I remain unswayed in my opinion that Peterson requiring a $2500 "Vault" fee is simply ridiculous, especially when one considers that it would probably take one employee maybe half an hour (even if the VX-02 was buried/parked behind a group of other vehicles) to get it unburied and drive it around to the front garage/"Vault" door so everyone could simply have a quick look.

And it's not like I don't understand the reasoning you've suggested for being willing to fork over the $$$ to travel and pay such a fee to see the VX-02 either. I play golf, and years ago on one other planned visit to the San Francisco, CA area with that same group of friends, was actually considering paying the greens fees to play a round of golf at Pebble Beach as possibly one of those once in a lifetime experiences too. Now some would consider me crazy for considering that too, but as with everything and everyone, it simply comes down to each persons priorities. I like my VX, don't get me wrong. In my big picture though, it's simply not that high a priority.

And with all due respect, please don't call me "sweety". I prefer "honey" or "sugar-buns". :bwgy:

VXobsession
07/15/2012, 06:53 PM
Wow, you're really hyper-sensitive.....or at least it looks that way, Sugar-buns.

Y33TREKker
07/15/2012, 07:04 PM
Wow, you're really hyper-sensitive.....or at least it looks that way, Sugar-buns.
That's better, thank you.

Oh, and nice try. :p But opinions on who the REALLY hyper-sensitive ones are around here remains debatable considering who started all this crap in this thread because of an obvious joke.

VXobsession
07/15/2012, 08:40 PM
Yeah, he IS kinda sensitive. I got a private message after my first post.......I'll leave it at that...lol

JoFotoz
07/15/2012, 09:42 PM
Well yes VXobs I guess.....

...sensitive enough to continue to take this bickering away from this thread...
...and fortunate enough to get a lengthy PM reply from you to boot.
Which I appreciated for many reasons...:cool:

But if you want to make public the fact that I sent you a Private mail....
...so be it.

The PM talked about you and I butting heads when you claimed to be "the one person here"..
... relative to knowing how to use and drive their VX the right way.

And I was far from the only one that took you up on that fantastical claim..
........with many pointing out both the fallacy of that statement and the arrogance of it ,
not least because of your newish membership here, which clearly contributed to a lack of historical knowledge and fact.

I will repeat here what I said in the PM..

I am truly sorry if I offended you.

Given your posts here, and your reply to me..
....obviously it is something you are still "sensitive" about.

IMO your initial claim, and the derogatory way you generalized the "Moab Mob" etc.....
...kind of set you up for the mass rebuttal you got!

========

Seems the O/T part of this thread has highlighted a division of "style" between many of us...

This is essentially what I was trying to say days ago when I last discussed this O/T topic here...
....when I suggested that tone/inflection etc has a lot to do with the way things seem/come across live, relative to written.

And why I suggested that some of us need to think twice, and type once.

It was not meant as a me first, or as an anyone else first, suggestion...
...but maybe as a good plan for several of us that seem to bug each other now and then.

Jo

VXobsession
07/15/2012, 10:05 PM
:drama: !!!! :flower: Truce? ....wink wink.....

JoFotoz
07/15/2012, 10:08 PM
But of course!

:drama: !!!! :flower: Truce? ....wink wink.....

The PM's worked wonders :thumbup:

ATB

Jo

Scott Larson
07/16/2012, 08:30 AM
Jo, it's a lesson I've certainly learned the hard way in this digital age (Yes, I just proved once again that I'm old.)..."Say it forget it, write it regret it"! :rollo:

VXR
07/17/2012, 12:14 AM
opinions on who the REALLY hyper-sensitive ones are around here remains debatable considering who started all this crap in this thread because of an obvious joke.

X2 only the overly defensive few saw it any differently...

Y33TREKker
07/17/2012, 09:32 AM
Not to hijack any other potential responses you may have in mind VX Obsession, but some of these comments were clearly also directed (if even indirectly) at me regarding this thread so...

Well yes VXobs I guess.....

...sensitive enough to continue to take this bickering away from this thread...
To continue trying to sway others to your opinion via PM perhaps? Don't worry about it though, you're not alone. There are many people who feel a similar need for a safety-in-numbers verification that they are right about something.

The PM talked about you and I butting heads when you claimed to be "the one person here"..
... relative to knowing how to use and drive their VX the right way.

And I was far from the only one that took you up on that fantastical claim..
........with many pointing out both the fallacy of that statement and the arrogance of it ,
not least because of your newish membership here, which clearly contributed to a lack of historical knowledge and fact....
Just an uninformed opinion/observation, but I wasn't even present when this seemingly "fantastical", "ignorant", and "arrogant" claim lacking historical knowledge and fact" was made, and even I can recognize how the comments may have simply been meant as a joke. Sounds like another possible case of over-prioritized sensitivity (re;VX's) run amuck on the part of you and yours IMO.

I will repeat here what I said in the PM..

I am truly sorry if I offended you.

Given your posts here, and your reply to me..
....obviously it is something you are still "sensitive" about.

IMO your initial claim, and the derogatory way you generalized the "Moab Mob" etc.....
...kind of set you up for the mass rebuttal you got!
Given some of the mass rebuttals I've gotten on this message board which have been based on misinterpretations of some of my past comments/opinions, some may consider the adjective "mob" to be somewhere around half-way accurate. :p

========

Seems the O/T part of this thread has highlighted a division of "style" between many of us...

This is essentially what I was trying to say days ago when I last discussed this O/T topic here...
....when I suggested that tone/inflection etc has a lot to do with the way things seem/come across live, relative to written.

And why I suggested that some of us need to think twice, and type once.

It was not meant as a me first, or as an anyone else first, suggestion...
...but maybe as a good plan for several of us that seem to bug each other now and then.

Jo
To be persisting in trying to portray my original post in this thread as anything other than the joke it clearly was seems a clear indication that it's not as much a matter of objectively viewing tone/inflection (whether written OR live) as it is subjectively viewing who is making the comment.

So how about it Jo, are you going to continue being sensitive enough to take this bickering away from this thread by, well...continuing to bicker in this thread... or are you going to let it drop by also apologizing to me for trying to portray my joke as being some sort of dig at Baldwin and his efforts (as I said I would if it was proven that Baldwin and the "Education Program Scheduling Coordinator" were one and the same) rather than the B.S. flag-raiser regarding the Peterson "Vault" fee that it obviously was? I mean, you don't seem to have any trouble publicly apologizing to anyone else when you think you may have said something offensive to someone who you think is being overly-sensitive.

LittleBeast
07/17/2012, 04:10 PM
Haha, who is the one bickering the most in this thread? Easy answer: Treky

Who is the one asking for an apology? Treky

Who claims to not care that much about his VX to donate to this site? And who claims to have plenty of other interests yet posts more than almost anyone else, and certainly posts the most out of everyone who cannot seem to afford any money to support the site? Same answer. Makes no sense. None.

VXobsession
07/17/2012, 05:10 PM
I'm at a loss for words....so this <<<--------->>> is the extent of my post.

H3_VX
07/17/2012, 06:31 PM
Can't we all just get along!
:_beer::whiteflag:

Triathlete
07/17/2012, 07:00 PM
Can't we all just get along!
:_beer::whiteflag:

x a billion!
All this negative fueding is making this site a less than enjoyable experience.

rsteinmetz70112
07/17/2012, 08:55 PM
I may not be in the "in crowd" so I never understood this whole thread.

It seemed obvious to me the "offensive" post was direct at the dumb-*** Museum Policy not at any member here.

But then I'm an outsider.

Scott Larson
07/18/2012, 10:30 AM
Oh heck, just sit back and enjoy the show; it only costs what you're willing to contribute! (Oops, did I just say that out loud, damn...) :slap: :_mecker:

Y33TREKker
07/18/2012, 04:21 PM
Haha, who is the one bickering the most in this thread? Easy answer: Treky
You say bickering, I say defending against what could be viewed as purposefully ignorant misrepresentations.

Who is the one asking for an apology? Treky
I wasn't asking for an apology, I was asking whether Jo was going to apologize for making his mistaken claims. I don't need an apology from him to know that his claims were mistaken, especially since getting an apology wouldn't change the fact that they were mistaken.

And Treky? Really? What are we...in third grade? :p

Who claims to not care that much about his VX to donate to this site?
I don't think that ended up making as much sense as you had probably hoped it would.

Regardless, I've already explained many times that donations to this site can come in many different forms. That you and some others are of the opinion that monetary donations are the only form that apparently count simply illustrates what you care most about. I suppose I could start billing people for my time when helping people troubleshoot their VX issues, and request receipts for the labor costs I help them save by figuring out how to make their needed repairs themselves, but we're talking family here, and that's not what family does...right?

And who claims to have plenty of other interests yet posts more than almost anyone else, and certainly posts the most out of everyone who cannot seem to afford any money to support the site?
You obviously (and purposefully?) left out the fact that the majority of the posts I just referred to are made here trying to help other VX owners troubleshoot electrical and mechanical problems that they're having with their VX's (including you a few times in the past for that matter). While you may choose to see no value in that because it doesn't fit in with how you try to portray me, there have been others who have viewed my help as having value.

Same answer. Makes no sense. None.
Given where your priorities seem to lie, are you sure it wouldn't have been more accurate if you'd written "cents"? :p

Y33TREKker
07/18/2012, 04:22 PM
Oh heck, just sit back and enjoy the show; it only costs what you're willing to contribute! (Oops, did I just say that out loud, damn...) :slap: :_mecker:
I rest my case. ;)

Scott Larson
07/18/2012, 05:36 PM
Case rested, duly noted...:badhorse: :rotate:

vt_maverick
07/19/2012, 12:26 PM
Wow...what a heated discussion. I didn't expect that considering the last few updates I gave had only a few responses. I purposely deleted the name of the person that works at the Peterson. I'm not the "Education whatever." I'm working with the same person that I worked with last time and her boss that gave us the free tour of the vault last time. They KNOW that the ONLY reason we want to go to the Petersen is to see the VX-O2. They are 100% sure that we would not go there for any other car. That being said, the Petersen was recently bought out and both the "Educational Coordinator" and her boss has been trying for the last few months to get the new management to either display the VX-O2 in rotation so that we don't have to pay, or waive the fee to allow us to view it in the vault. I'm also in communication with Chif at Isuzu Japan. He was one of the designers and he is able to get us written permission from Isuzu to scan the car. I have asked the Petersen if we have permission to scan it, would they still charge us the $2500 since it would most likely be in the vault or moved to an open area to make the scan. So yes, I've been very detailed and diligent to try to make this happen at no cost. The 2 people I worked with before are very understanding and want us there. But the new owners don't know us or the history of the VX-O2. My uncle was a major donor to the museum as well. He pulled out when the new management took place so even he wasn't able to get me the hook up. I hope that answers some questions. Thanks JoFotoz for havin' my back. We did get some great pics last time. Maybe one of us will one day make that mod. "West Coast Customs" quote is between $50k-$80k. GAS is interested to do it, but their legal department said "no" due to liabilities. Chip Foose never returns my calls. I didn't feel comfortable with the ghetto chop shops that said they'd do it.

Thanks for the hard work Baldwin. I'll be in California sometime later in the fall or early winter and could probably work my connection through LA. Just need to know at least a few weeks in advance.

LittleBeast
07/20/2012, 12:51 AM
Treky, I am so glad that your line of thought makes so much "cents" to you, but your logic is still completely flawed and for those of us that do not share in your jaded agenda of feeling self righteous in our helping of others on this site, it still will not help in keeping this site up and running. You do realize that no matter how many helpful words you type on this site you still are in NO WAY contributing to paying for the necessary costs incurred to keep this site running?

You might be the first person I have met on here that finds their own help to others so valuable that you will put a monetary value on it and evidently feel better about yourself not actually sharing in the real monetary costs of this site. Most people that have helped me on this site (in reply to a thank you) simply say something along the lines of well this site has helped me out countless times as well. But from your last post it is clear you do not take that stance, but see your helping of others as a payment to the site, haha, wow you feel like your input is so valuable you do not need to share in the actual real monetary support of the running of this site? Good to know, that helps me get your "gist" a lot better. But once again I am REALLY glad most people do not agree with your line of thinking because then you and everyone else would not have a VX.info to go to at all. You do realize that everyone you are bickering against here actually is sharing in the monetary support of this site? So without us sharing in paying for everyone's opportunity to post, you would not be able to feel so self righteous in supporting the site by your "helpful posts" that obviously have monetary value in your mind?

If in the future you see somehow you could help me out on an issue I would actually prefer if you instead took whatever value you evidently place on that help you could give me and instead gave that figure (whatever your mind has decided it to be) and give that to the site in the form of an actual monetary figure. So in that scenario you would be helping the entire site share in the monetary demands of keeping this site up and running instead of just helping me out on an issue that I can probably find help from someone else free of intelectual charge :-)

Y33TREKker
07/20/2012, 04:15 PM
Treky, I am so glad that your line of thought makes so much "cents" to you, but your logic is still completely flawed...
Your opinion. And is it possible you've formed that opinion simply because it's not the same logic as yours?

...and for those of us that do not share in your jaded agenda of feeling self righteous in our helping of others on this site, it still will not help in keeping this site up and running. You do realize that no matter how many helpful words you type on this site you still are in NO WAY contributing to paying for the necessary costs incurred to keep this site running?
You may want to refer to Scott's original mandate where he himself has always said that donation for this website is entirely voluntary. And like I mentioned to Dub, "a jaded agenda of feeling self-righteous" is your opinion of me, not my opinion of myself. You say there are those who do not share in my opinion, but there are those who do not share in yours either. You can't have it both ways. And besides, I've witnessed it myself that some of the help I've offered in the past has resulted in other members contributing to the site for the help they received, so that is in actuality ONE WAY my efforts have contributed to keeping this site running = your logic = flawed.

...You might be the first person I have met on here that finds their own help to others so valuable that you will put a monetary value on it and evidently feel better about yourself not actually sharing in the real monetary costs of this site...
I said I "could" have charged other members for my help, I didn't say I actually did, and I've never even suggested that anyone else be obliged to donate to the site because of the help I've offered...unlike "those of you" I could mention...

...Most people that have helped me on this site (in reply to a thank you) simply say something along the lines of well this site has helped me out countless times as well. But from your last post it is clear you do not take that stance, but see your helping of others as a payment to the site, haha, wow you feel like your input is so valuable you do not need to share in the actual real monetary support of the running of this site?...
You're starting to repeat yourself. Saying something over and over again doesn't make it any truer than it was the first time you said it.

...Good to know, that helps me get your "gist" a lot better. But once again I am REALLY glad most people do not agree with your line of thinking because then you and everyone else would not have a VX.info to go to at all....
Maybe, maybe not. (and it's still debatable whether you in fact ARE getting the gist better, because your own comments continue to make that remain doubtful.

...You do realize that everyone you are bickering against here actually is sharing in the monetary support of this site? So without us sharing in paying for everyone's opportunity to post, you would not be able to feel so self righteous in supporting the site by your "helpful posts" that obviously have monetary value in your mind?
Once again, I'm not the one bickering here, as I've already explained. Given your comments though, it's starting to seem apparent that a self-righteous attitude can in fact be purchased here for the right price.

...If in the future you see somehow you could help me out on an issue I would actually prefer if you instead took whatever value you evidently place on that help you could give me and instead gave that figure (whatever your mind has decided it to be) and give that to the site in the form of an actual monetary figure. So in that scenario you would be helping the entire site share in the monetary demands of keeping this site up and running instead of just helping me out on an issue that I can probably find help from someone else free of intelectual charge :-)
You really need to pick an intellectual argument and stick with it. You've already said yourself quite a few times that in your opinion my help isn't really worth anything, so it remains debatable who among us is expressing the flawed logic.

Since YOU don't seem to place any value on my help though, I'm happy to oblige in not offering it to YOU any more...(and all because someone didn't "get" my joke in this thread). I suppose you'll come up with some logic for that in there somewhere, but it comes across as more of a "cut off your nose to spite your face" kind of thing to me. Then again, what do I know...

LittleBeast
07/21/2012, 09:52 AM
"Then again, what do I know..." -y33trekKER

Best question I have seen you ask, good job, when you come up with something let me know! :-)

Y33TREKker
07/22/2012, 10:54 AM
Best question I have seen you ask, good job, when you come up with something let me know! :-)
Further proof that you continue to not get (purposefully?) the "gist" of my comments (although that one was admittedly rhetorical, so I'll cut you some slack for not being able to easily figure it out).

But since you seem to need others to actually spell out what they're expressing, and since you apparently didn't find what's been the main issue in this thread (some of Petersons' specific fees) in any way crazy, here's one for you.

Since I've apparently been giving it away for nothing, I now plan to start charging a viewing fee for anyone who wants to look at my VX. Don't worry though, I'll give a price break on my fees to any members of the VX family here on this site, and all fees paid by said VX.info family members will go directly to this site.

Both issues addressed. Those of you apparently only too eager to pay to see VX's, and only too eager to see others subsidize something that you obviously spend WAAAY more time visiting (mainly to waste time on) than those you try to pressure into subsidizing for you, you can now be even more proactive in reaching your goals (not to mention the apparent goals you have for others).

Your answer was right there in front of you all along.

The Y33TREKker VX Vault
1-800-CMY-VX4$

:p

Baldwin
07/22/2012, 05:43 PM
I have no idea what has gone on here...and page 3 apparently has a virus and Chrome won't let me open it. Anyways, sounds like there's not much interest in the VX-O2 now. Isuzu did say they'd approve the scan. But the Petersen hasn't gotten back to me yet if they would still wanna charge $2500 to scan it.

Triathlete
07/22/2012, 10:13 PM
Baldwin, thanks for your efforts and your effort to get this thread back on track. Maybe Moncha can start a new section for those who want to try to change each others opinion on religion, politics and site fee'$? :)

Y33TREKker
07/23/2012, 10:58 AM
I have no idea what has gone on here...
I do, but it had nothing to do with my original joke. So while I'd be the first to apologize if my intent had been to hijack your thread or belittle your efforts in any way, that won't be necessary since it wasn't.

...and page 3 apparently has a virus and Chrome won't let me open it. Anyways, sounds like there's not much interest in the VX-O2 now. Isuzu did say they'd approve the scan. But the Petersen hasn't gotten back to me yet if they would still wanna charge $2500 to scan it.
Is the scan request being made for any particular reason? Is someone considering using the 3D plots to make a Mission To Mars VX02 replica?

Good luck with the Peterson whatever the reason. It at least sounds like not all the people working there are operating with the $$$ > cars brickwall mentality.

vt_maverick
07/23/2012, 12:17 PM
I do, but it had nothing to do with my original joke. So while I'd be the first to apologize if my intent had been to hijack your thread or belittle your efforts in any way, that won't be necessary since it wasn't.

Translation:

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/3269/Blame.png

tom4bren
07/23/2012, 12:24 PM
Well, I just read this thread front to back. All I have to say is: DAY-UM!!! There's 30 minutes of my life I'll never get back.

Baldwin - thanks for the invite but I'll have to decline. It's just too far for us East-Coasters unless we're gonna be there on bizniz anyway. Maybe if we all ask Petersen's real nice, they'll donate the VX02 to the Smitsonian & we can all visit her for free.

As for all the other 'discussions' going on in this thread:

"I have no response to that."

Y33TREKker
07/23/2012, 12:48 PM
Translation:

You said that, I didn't. I will say though that when someone starts in with some of the same old attempts at character assassination (or sideline potshots like yours) as have been directed at me here in the past, I obviously didn't start it, but I have no problem finishing it.

Do you not find it even the slightest bit ironic that some will point the finger at me for unnecessarily (in their opinion) clogging up a thread but at the same time seem to have no reservations about jumping in occasionally with their own two cents? And some people here imply that I think I'm perfect... ;)

BigSwede
07/23/2012, 12:52 PM
"I'm only paranoid because everybody is out to get me." - Frank Burns

Y33TREKker
07/23/2012, 12:53 PM
As for all the other 'discussions' going on in this thread:

"I have no response to that."
For the record, I wouldn't have had any either if some here knew a joke when they saw one.

tom4bren
07/23/2012, 01:10 PM
For the record, I wouldn't have had any either if some here knew a joke when they saw one.

Honestly - on my first read of your joke I too thought that you were slammin Baldwin. It wasn't till later in the thread that I realized that I was wrong.

vt_maverick
07/24/2012, 06:30 AM
Do you not find it even the slightest bit ironic that some will point the finger at me for unnecessarily (in their opinion) clogging up a thread but at the same time seem to have no reservations about jumping in occasionally with their own two cents? And some people here imply that I think I'm perfect... ;)

I have 5 posts in this thread, 3 of which were on topic, the others aimed at pushing you guys to take it "offline" or adding a little humor to the situation.

You on the other hand have 20 posts in this thread. New day/thread, same bickering between the same people. As I said earlier in this thread, you guys clearly do this to show off for the rest of the forum. If you were really interested in changing each others' minds you'd bound it to PMs, phone calls, or fights in the parking lot. And if you guys didn't want the attention you'd just not reply to stupid or unfair attacks.

It's an open forum and you guys are certainly entitled to do what you want, but I for one would prefer if you didn't junk up a thread in which I have a legitimate interest. Just start a thread called "Same ****, New Day" and then I can just avoid that one altogether.

Y33TREKker
07/24/2012, 02:22 PM
I have 5 posts in this thread, 3 of which were on topic, the others aimed at pushing you guys to take it "offline" or adding a little humor to the situation.
Maybe you should also consider why you felt the need to play referee in the first place. Sure your posts started out as adding a little humor, but after a quick review, it didn't take long for you to start trying to play the bad@@@ internet referee did it?

You on the other hand have 20 posts in this thread. New day/thread, same bickering between the same people. As I said earlier in this thread, you guys clearly do this to show off for the rest of the forum. If you were really interested in changing each others' minds you'd bound it to PMs, phone calls, or fights in the parking lot. And if you guys didn't want the attention you'd just not reply to stupid or unfair attacks.
Easy to say isn't it, and yet here you are again responding to what in your opinion are apparently stupid or unfair attacks coming from me.

While it's simply your opinion that some are trying to show off for the rest of the forum, I actually think you may be right about that. To add to what's simply been my own continued defense though, I've already told you that wasn't MY intent. I've yet to hear any such reply from some of the others who participated though.

And besides, you said it yourself, someone else started it. I mean, I ALSO saw certain people suggesting that the "discussion" regarding my joke should be relegated to PM's, only to see those SAME people KEEP posting in the thread. They can't have it both ways while pointing the finger at someone else...any more than you can VT. So who are you doing all this for?

It's an open forum and you guys are certainly entitled to do what you want, but I for one would prefer if you didn't junk up a thread in which I have a legitimate interest. Just start a thread called "Same ****, New Day" and then I can just avoid that one altogether.
And you know, all I wanted to do was offer some humor with a joke, but what did I get in response again?...."same ####, new day". It seems some will seek others out regardless of where they post to try to settle old scores and play internet bad*$$es...which in my opinion too, is usually pretty funny.

Y33TREKker
07/24/2012, 02:24 PM
Honestly - on my first read of your joke I too thought that you were slammin Baldwin. It wasn't till later in the thread that I realized that I was wrong.
Better late than never.

VXR
07/24/2012, 11:01 PM
It seemed obvious to me the "offensive" post was direct at the dumb-*** Museum Policy not at any member here.

X2

The reason this thread went down hill is Jo refused (and apparently still refuses) to admit he was WRONG. Then the "Moab Mob" jumped in and aided in further digression.

tom4bren
07/25/2012, 04:50 AM
Better late than never.

1st & last time. I have a reputation to uphold ya know. Now I'll never be able to use my most famousest quote: "I thought I was wrong once ... but was mistaken".

VXR
07/25/2012, 11:10 AM
1st & last time. I have a reputation to uphold ya know. Now I'll never be able to use my most famousest quote: "I thought I was wrong once ... but was mistaken".

:laughb:

Baldwin
01/24/2013, 03:47 PM
ok...it's finally set. 2/23/13 at the Petersen Museum in Los Angeles. Please RSVP. We need at least 10 people to show up.
www.petersen.org Check the link below

http://vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=23660&highlight=petersen