PDA

View Full Version : 6x5" or 6x9" speakers

MZ-N10
10/15/2003, 12:30 AM
I did a search on what size speakers would fit in the VX and came up 2 different answers for the rear. On the front everyone agreed on 6.5" but in the rear somebody said 6x9" would fit in the back...
I am about to get Rockford Fosgate 6.5" component speakers in the front and Poineer 6x9" speakers in the rear. I just wanted to make sure this stuff will fit before I start ordering stuff off ebay...
________
XXSEXYBLACKXX LIVE (http://camslivesexy.com/cam/xxsexyblackxx)

Hotsauce
10/15/2003, 02:55 AM
If you are a fan of having rear speakers(I am not) use the same 6½'s you are using in the front, otherwise you will end up having to EQ the front and rear differently to get the rear fill to blend in properly.

I don't like to have rear speakers at all, I feel that it ruins the image of the fronts. I have 6½ 3 way components in the doors, and a sub in the back, with an 80 Hz split between them.

John C.

Dallas4u
10/15/2003, 08:03 AM
I agree. I had 6.5's in the rear, then thought I get get a bit more power out of some 6x9's, so I cut-to-fit them in (you have to). They had a smaller power rating, and I blew one within a couple months. Now, I have turned them down almost completely until I purchase another set of 6.5's to put back there (along with another set of mounting brackets).

Navigator
10/15/2003, 12:03 PM
..5 1/4's speakers fit with minor modification in the rear side panels. The OEM speakers are 5", so there was some modification to make them fit. drilled 4 holes at the 5 1/4 mounting points, very easy install. Sound benefit was outstanding.

If you are planing on, or allready have a subwoofer, you really don't need bigger speakers in the rear side panel's. I cut out the bass to all four and let the sub handle that range. There is no clipping, the sound is very loud and clear. Using 600hz bass blockers on the 5 1/4's and 300hz on the front 6 1/2's.

Good luck with your choices, everybody's taste in audio varies, so by all means do your thing :D

MZ-N10
10/15/2003, 04:09 PM
According to BestBuy the Pioneer and the Rockford should work prefectly...with a 400w 4 channel amp...i wanted the 6x9s for a little more knock then the 6.5 cause i listen to alot of music which has alot of bass...On top of that I am going to get a 12" sub and a 600w mono amp to push it...

The 6.5s are cheaper then 6x9s which is always good. But i will still need to redo my eq to fit my taste when I get the sound system.

Thanks for the input...Ill have to look into the another 6.5" and see which one I really want
________
Park Royal 3 Condos Pattaya (http://pattayaluxurycondos.com)