PDA

View Full Version : Ironman VX???????

drdavidr4u
10/14/2003, 04:32 AM
Hey,
I have a patient who is an Ironman and did Hawai last year!!! (I watched him on the internet broadcast!)

He is hot for knowing more about the "Ironman " edition VX and I'm such a newbie I cannot tell him much!!

Is there a site with information specifically on that version of the VX?

Any old articles or ads with all the hype available?

Was there more than just a few Ironman decals on the truck for that edition?
please direct me to any info and pictures and I'll pass it on to him...who knows....maybe he might just have to get one!!!!

Thanks,
Dave :)

VehiX
10/14/2003, 05:39 AM
They are the same as any other VX except they are all white, have IRONMAN logos on the side pillars and embroidered carpets. Plus I believe they where only offered in 99 here in the states. Other then that there is nothing special about it vs any other VX.

You have already found the web site that will give you all the information you need on it. www.vehicross.info !!!

:)

johnnyapollo
10/14/2003, 06:18 AM
It appears that all the white VXes offered in the US were Ironman editions (99-01):

They included:

Factory Yakima Roof racks
Embroidered Ironman Seats
Embroidered Ironman Carpets
Hood Insert Decal
Side Pillar Decals

This edition was a tie-in with the Ironman Triathalon and was also offered on some Rodeos and possibly Amigos.

-- John

carlymac
10/14/2003, 06:33 AM
The Ironman also has an Ironman decal on the rear hatch. And was used as a pace car in the '98 or '99 Hawaii Ironman.

Spike
10/14/2003, 06:55 AM
I wouldnt call the one on the back a decal ... as much as it is a badge...

(if decal is generalized to mean anything that is stuck .. then ok, yes.. decal... heheh)

If you want I can send you some pics... or.. just poke around the gallery.

Jolly Roger VX'er
10/14/2003, 03:37 PM
My gallery has some pics of my IronMan VX. When I bought mine new I was under the wrong impression that the IronMan Package had skidplates and a front tow hook with rear tow/cargo tie-down brackets and the red/black interior. Turns out I was full of carp and all VX's have this(red/black int. one of 2 choices). I still like the $900+ decals and badges and carpets and roof rack..lol. I really do like the contrast of white and black..especially when I clean the cladding with back2black or STP Son of a Gun. Thought this color scheme was complemeted when I added the Jolly Roger insignia front plate and antenna flag! Also have a couple added "car tattoo" decals on the bottom of the blackened door post comprising of a skull and crossbone and the grimm reaper.

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showgallery.php?ppuser=505&cat=500&thumb=1

AlaskaVX
10/14/2003, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by johnnyapollo
It appears that all the white VXes offered in the US were Ironman editions (99-01):

They included:

Factory Yakima Roof racks
Embroidered Ironman Seats
Embroidered Ironman Carpets
Hood Insert Decal
Side Pillar Decals

-- John
The Ironman also has an Ironman decal on the rear hatch.

Exactly right, the 2001's also came with stock (bottom of the line) Sony Xplod speakers, and a Sony Xplod "badge" above the Ironman decal on the side.