PDA

View Full Version : Double your gas mileage!!

crager34
06/11/2012, 05:14 AM
Ride a motorcycle!!

However, if you change out your front wheel bearings maybe you will immediatly see a 2 - 3 MPG increase like it did. :p

89Vette
06/11/2012, 05:56 PM
Ride a motorcycle!!

However, if you change out your front wheel bearings maybe you will immediatly see a 2 - 3 MPG increase like it did. :p

Before/after #'s?

Ldub
06/11/2012, 06:11 PM
Before/after #'s?

I'm pretty sure he meant that he got better mileage BEFORE...:yesgray:

I mean...why else post the results...:_confused

maybe you will immediatly see a 2 - 3 MPG increase like it did.

crager34
06/11/2012, 07:33 PM
I was shocked about how consistant I was at 15 MPH city and highway. Quite literally, two days after the wheel bearing change out.... 17. The only change were the bearings. Two days later and I am sitting at 1/2 tank with 175 miles on the OD.

Before/after #'s?

blacksambo
06/11/2012, 08:02 PM
How about half a tank 190 miles?

I was shocked about how consistant I was at 15 MPH city and highway. Quite literally, two days after the wheel bearing change out.... 17. The only change were the bearings. Two days later and I am sitting at 1/2 tank with 175 miles on the OD.

Ldub
06/11/2012, 08:13 PM
How about half a tank 190 miles?

And we all appreciate you posting...once again...that you have the absolute best mileage ever...experienced...by anyone...living in the VX solar system...:thanx:

Can't even BEGIN to tell ya...:smilewink

RickOKC
06/11/2012, 08:39 PM
Hey, I thought *I* had the best gas mileage ever! :p During my trip to/from Moab I saw a low of 8.4 on Fins & Things and a high of 20.8 on the highway.

I still can't believe how good gas mileage can be when my VX doesn't have to work against that stupid, constant, obnoxious Oklahoma crosswind - my worst mileage on the highway during my trip was within the OK borders (15.7). :_mecker: Heck, I got 15.2 during the run through La Sal Pass (including the highway time there and back, of course.) :rolleyes:

Etfren
06/11/2012, 09:23 PM
Hey, I thought *I* had the best gas mileage ever! :p During my trip to/from Moab I saw a low of 8.4 on Fins & Things and a high of 20.8 on the highway.

I still can't believe how good gas mileage can be when my VX doesn't have to work against that stupid, constant, obnoxious Oklahoma crosswind - my worst mileage on the highway during my trip was within the OK borders (15.7). :_mecker: Heck, I got 15.2 during the run through La Sal Pass (including the highway time there and back, of course.) :rolleyes:

I got similar mileage around Moab. When I filled up when I reached Moab I got my best tank of the trip @ 20 MPG. For the 150 miles total I drove while in Moab and on the trails I got a whopping 7 MPG.

Smiles per gallon however, were the best I've ever gotten and that's what counts in Moab! :smilewink

BigSwede
06/12/2012, 07:33 AM
LOL, I have never check mpg on the trail...I know it won't make me any happier to know.

blacksambo
06/12/2012, 03:36 PM
And we all appreciate you posting...once again...that you have the absolute best mileage ever...experienced...by anyone...living in the VX solar system...:thanx:

I'm glad you are so happy.

pbkid
06/12/2012, 03:54 PM

does 17 mpg seem all that unreasonable for a vx? I was getting 15 if i took it easy, and that doesnt include calculating for the bigger tires, I could have been round 16mpg.

(190/11=17.3)

Ldub
06/12/2012, 05:17 PM
I'm glad you are so happy.

does 17 mpg seem all that unreasonable for a vx? I was getting 15 if i took it easy, and that doesnt include calculating for the bigger tires, I could have been round 16mpg.

(190/11=17.3)

N-k........:_thinking

But I don't recall using the word happy, or unreasonable, in my post...:_confused

pbkid
06/12/2012, 05:58 PM

But I don't recall using the word happy, or unreasonable, in my post...:_confused

Ahhh, damn semantics...

Man I really dont miss that 5mpg loss between my vx and my runner. :P

Hows that for incredible mileage? 20 mpg with 4 doors and a whole buncha steel and rubber wrapped around it :naughty:

blacksambo
06/12/2012, 07:14 PM

But.... a picture is worth a thousand words :bwgy:

PK
06/12/2012, 07:45 PM
Knowing how notoriously un-accurate our fuel gauges are, I wouldn't get all excited until you fill up to confirm the usage.

PK

RickOKC
06/12/2012, 08:56 PM
I got similar mileage around Moab. When I filled up when I reached Moab I got my best tank of the trip @ 20 MPG. For the 150 miles total I drove while in Moab and on the trails I got a whopping 7 MPG.
Wow! That's ESPECIALLY impressive considering your bigazz lift and bigazz tires!

Smiles per gallon however, were the best I've ever gotten and that's what counts in Moab! :smilewink
Darn right - I now understand that!

LOL, I have never check mpg on the trail...That's because you're not nuts. :laughing: I wouldn't have known my trail mileage but I was curious about my highway mileage on my trip there so I kept tracking it. I refilled the tank every evening and kept obsessively keeping records or I would never have known what my mileage would have been while creeping, idling, waiting, etc. ;)

Knowing how notoriously un-accurate our fuel gauges are, I wouldn't get all excited until you fill up to confirm the usage.
PK
True dat. All my calculations were based on odometer & full-tank to full-tank readings so I'm confident my math is right! :)

CoastieCosta567
06/13/2012, 04:02 AM
WHAT? Dude, I have the best MPG, am at 200,037,483,628,387,464 MPG as we speak, and thats not even h/way miles, don't get me started there. :p

pbkid
06/13/2012, 06:38 AM
Rick, etfren is also driving a manual tranny ;-)

My runner would be somewhere around 15 mpg if it was an auto

Ldub
06/13/2012, 06:53 AM
But.... a picture is worth a thousand words :bwgy:

Now we're getting somewhere...:thumbup:

if you would kindly post a picture of your mileage, you can save yourself a lot of typing in the future...:laughing:...:flower::flower:

Etfren
06/14/2012, 12:01 AM
Wow! That's ESPECIALLY impressive considering your bigazz lift and bigazz tires!

Darn right - I now understand that!

Yeah, but unfortunately I didn't get that good the rest of the trip. Got that one lucky tank of 20 MPG, one more of 18 MPG and the other 6-7 were all at 16 MPG. That's with accounting for the bigger tires in my maths.

Also had the TOD turned off the whole way home, didn't seem to make any difference mileage wise. Although that's not all that surprising considering I was cruising at highway speeds all day.

Rick, etfren is also driving a manual tranny ;-)

My runner would be somewhere around 15 mpg if it was an auto

I would hate to see what I'd be getting with an auto. I would love to find a 6-speed that would work. Have a nice low 1st gear for crawling and a long 6th gear for cruising.