View Full Version : Coming home in August

Marlin
06/02/2012, 08:27 AM
Been on deployment since last October. Still out in the Gulf right now, should be heading home in early August I hope. Booo!!!! I should be shipping the VX from KC, MO to Norfolk, VA sometime in July so she will be waiting for me. I can't believe I havent driven her since 2011:( Very sad.
New calipers, ball joints, front wheel bearings, remote start, tinted windows. Its gonna be a new truck when I get her. The wife has a much higher appreciation of the work I put into our two little Zus now. Hers is having an engine rebuild, we bit the bullet and decided to keep the Trooper RS, I will now have close to $10K in that truck, so she will be with us for awhile I suppose.

I know there are some VA folks that I need to get back into contact with. I will try to make a Uwharrie run this fall as well. Woohooo!!! My boys are much older, which makes camping a lot easier too.
I am homesick to say the least. The Persian Gulf is a horrible place!
Look forward to getting active with the VX family again!

RickOKC
06/02/2012, 12:57 PM
Hey Marlin - welcome back (in August.) I thought you were going to drive your VX all the way to WA. Did you change plans or ship it back to KS? Congrats on all the upgrades. How long will you get to stay home this time?

Scott Larson
06/02/2012, 02:23 PM
Congrats on the whole kit-n-kaboodle Marlin. Thanks for your service, I'm sure you can't wait to get back.:_beer:

VX KAT
06/02/2012, 05:18 PM
Hey Marlin - welcome back (in August.) I thought you were going to drive your VX all the way to WA. Did you change plans or ship it back to KS? Congrats on all the upgrades. How long will you get to stay home this time?

Good to hear you're safe and all in one piece...even if your RS isn't exactly...at the moment....

I think his parents/family live in that area......but yeah, what Rick asked....what happened to the WA destination?? IIRC, you said in the past you very much disliked Norfolk...:_thinking...but guess you don't get to choose.

Wow, your boys will sure enjoy seeing you! :thumbup:

VXorado
06/02/2012, 05:32 PM
It will be good to have you around again. We need the support to balance power of good and evil (stock vs modded). Too much talk about resale value and not enough about franken bumpers. :)

Stay safe :thumbup:

Riff Raff
06/02/2012, 05:44 PM
The Persian Gulf is a horrible place!

Ditto on what everyone else has said. It will be nice to have your wisdom here again. It's too bad your Aircraft Carrier Battle Group isn't allowed to turn the entire sandbox into pure glass before your return. Kudo's to the USN for being the tip of the sword. Take no prisoners!!!

:bgwb:

Marlin
06/03/2012, 02:17 AM
I did go to washington, drove the VX all the way there from KC, MO, with a 3 day pitstop in Moab. It was pretty nice. Shipped the VX back to KC the week of Thanksgiving. Big bucks to have the VX for 6 weeks in Wa. My ship is changin homeport to the armpit of america, Hampton Roads....lol.
This should be the last deployment of my career, we are refueling our reactors, which takes 3-4 years, and I will be retired.
Yippee!! Then I cang et a real job somewhere in KS or something.
Well, can't wait to start hitting the yards again, going through withdrawals!

Scott Harness
06/03/2012, 05:59 AM
Welcome Back(soon)!:yesb:

Chopper
06/03/2012, 06:47 AM
[QUOTE=Marlin;259129
This should be the last deployment of my career, we are refueling our reactors, which takes 3-4 years, and I will be retired.
[/QUOTE]
4 years for a fill-up;eeky;
that must be some fuel tank
:yeso:
weclome home sir

Y33TREKker
06/03/2012, 09:23 AM
One of the guys I know in the service wasn't all that impressed with the gulf either. Glad to hear you're still safe and sound. Hope it stays that way.

evillecutter
06/04/2012, 09:07 AM
welcome home soldier thank you for your service

vt_maverick
06/04/2012, 05:17 PM
What they said. I'm in Hampton Roads once a month on average so we can definitely meet up while I'm there. Also thinking about organizing a meet in OBX the weekend after Labor Day. Nothing as extreme as Uwharrie or Moab, just some beautiful scenery, relaxing beverages on the beach, and some VX shop talk...

RickOKC
06/04/2012, 07:34 PM
This should be the last deployment of my career, we are refueling our reactors, which takes 3-4 years, and I will be retired.I think at least two more congratulations are in order just for that one sentence!

And the sentence below answers the immediate question when I read the sentence above - "are you planning on retiring somewhere else!

Yippee!! Then I can get a real job somewhere in KS or something.

Best to you - thanks again for selling me your spare full-sized wheel!

Marlin
06/06/2012, 07:07 AM
I am so stoked to come home and see my kids. They were 4 and 6 when I left. They will be 5(almost 6) and 7 when I get home:(
Slight change in plans, the wife is going to drive the F250 across country to Va and meet me when I pull in. Then we will fly back to KC, MO and drive both Zus cross country together. That should be a head turner. Her RS and my VX with a trailer, some convoy action. That means we can hit any trail we see on our way to Ohio to pick up our boys;)

Thanks for all the postive comments, as for the 4 year fill up, we have to pull out our old fuel cells and install new ones. Then it is a year of testing the new reactors. Lots of fun (sarcasm)