PDA

View Full Version : VX Newbie wants to meet local VX owners

drdavidr4u
10/12/2003, 06:46 PM
Hi everyone!!
I'll be taking delivery of my 2001 green VX this week and would love to join a local meet or maybe you will all organize a local meet to welcome me into the family/club!!!
I'll keep you posted this week as I take ownership and you can keep me posted on where and when!!!
I'm very excited, this will be almost as unusual a vehicle to own and enjoy as my 1971 TVR Vixen was!! By the way...ever see one of those?!!!!! I'll post photos if anyone is curious.
LQQking forward to making all your aquaintences,
Dr. Dave (anyone need a chiropractor?)

Raque Thomas
10/12/2003, 07:45 PM
David, welcome aboard!I could tell when I talked with you the other night that your mind was pretty much made up about the VX - you'll find that you made the right choice - it's quite a vehicle.

The TVR was quite a vehicle also - I lusted after one of those for many years! I had several TR6's (including one with a de-stroked 351 Cleveland!), and the local dealer had a TVR for a few months - man what a car! I went back several times just to look at it. I was only 17, and they weren't about to let me drive it! :(
Probably more rare than the VX - I've only seen one in the 27 years since that one at the dealership.

geshaw30
10/12/2003, 10:49 PM
At one time I was the proud owner of a new yellow TR-7. Took it off the showroom floor. Hail "The Wedge"
________
You **** Tube (http://www.****tube.com/)

Amack76
10/13/2003, 09:57 AM
i'll do another meet this weeend if you like

drdavidr4u
10/13/2003, 05:17 PM
Hey , I appreciate the offer to meet, but lets wait till I have the vx in my hand!!
I hope it will be ready and ok to take delivery this week. they have a drivers door electric window motor on order and I'd rather pick it up when its done.
How often do you all meet here in the tristate area? Is there a set date for the next one...please update me!!!
Thanks,
Dave

Newsman
10/18/2003, 08:11 PM
Another Green Meanie in the area! Excellent! For a while I think I've been the only one around here. Let us know when you get your monster and I'm sure a meet will come together. I'm just waiting for my injured beast to come back out of the shop (window binding problem being fixed, rear bushings being replaced, brakes all around being done and something called a "U" bracket (eh? is that like a Johnson rod?) getting replaced as well). Hopefully I'll have 'er back by Monday afternoon.

Look forward to seeing two Dragons together!

Rob