PDA

View Full Version : CD player

Lease-V-cross
10/12/2003, 06:15 PM
My standard 6 disc CD player will not eject my CDs!

Anyone have a suggestion?

nyc #1 ironman
10/12/2003, 06:34 PM
Do a seacrh on this, there are plenty of suggestions. Most likely you will have to bring it to the dealer. Is it still under warranty?

nocturnalVX
10/13/2003, 02:50 AM
Good luck getting them out. I am on my 5th CD changer, and was lucky to get the CDs ejected most of the time before replacing the dang things. The last time I did, the CDs would not come out and the dealer had to send the old changer out to recover the CDs (got 'em all back though).
I have an Apple IPOD now, so I plan on getting the entire stereo replaced and input the IPOD to it. I already have the Trooper's cubby hole to replace the changer which is developing some bad habbits.

Anita
10/13/2003, 02:05 PM
When all else fails and before you take it to the dealer - HIT IT.

I had a good technique of pressing the eject button while hitting the left side of the unit. After about 10 minutes of abuse, the changer finally spit out my cd.

That was about a year ago and I have not had a problem since. Maybe lucky I guess...

Lease-V-cross
10/13/2003, 04:16 PM
Yeah, this CD player acted like this before and I had to pound on the side to get it to eject. Killed my hand, though.
I even took a rubber hammer to it and nothing!

Guess I'll try one more time and then to the dealer I go!!!!!!!!!

Good thing I have a warranty.

colmhd
10/14/2003, 12:46 AM
It's not getting them out that's my problem. the lil bu**er seems to have a very definate music bias and has on occasion refused to take the poffered cd.
I'll take the advise and see if thumping it soundly on the side whilst whistling dixie makes any difference.

Lease-V-cross
10/14/2003, 03:02 PM
Uh-oh...
Hey I'll admit, I'm not the best at fixing electronics but I think I just ran into some trouble.
I managed to get the molding that surrounds the CD player off, I just can't seem to "unplug" the RED, White and Blue multiple wires that go into the changer at the bottom.
They each have two "comb-like" clips that go into the casing and I can't seem to pull the unit out unless those cables are out of the damn way!
Is the CD changer located directly under the CD player or is that something else that I'm looking at????????

HELP!

Lease-V-cross
10/20/2003, 05:04 PM
Ok...just dropped $170 to fix my V-cross.

Alignment- $54.00 (coupon) They first tried to not ring up the coupon, but I caught them...sheesh! Such sneaky tactics they use.

Battery check-$12.95

New Serpintine belt-$35.00

Transmission Range switch- covered by warranty

The rest was labor.

Here's the funny part...the CD changer is past warranty so they won't deal with it. I have 6 CDs stuck in there!
So I either pay some shop to crack it open and fix it, or buy a new Cd changer.

Damn!

nyc #1 ironman
10/20/2003, 07:09 PM
I have one in perfect condition if your interested we can negociate a price. Email me....

Lease-V-cross
11/02/2003, 11:19 AM
What does Error #3 mean?

I get this when the buttons are pushed on the CD player.

Tone
11/02/2003, 12:27 PM
Using the SEARCH feature at the top of every page found this:

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1473&highlight=error

Swimmer
11/18/2003, 09:31 AM
About 3 months ago my fully loaded cd changer stopped working. the lights on the cd select were all blinking..then a horable sound erupted from the player. javascript:smilie(';eekb;')
Took the car to stereo Dr's..they were able to save 5 of the 6 CD. Replaced it with my 30 gb I pod via fm modulator, the shop wired my car for me for 50 bucks..sounds great
One of the guys at the shop had made the comment that these multi disk changers always breakjavascript:smilie(':?:')

andylockhart
11/18/2003, 09:44 AM
my changer just died at lunch today. i freaked out and immediately came to this site for help. i'm glad i did because even though it's still dead and i have 6 brand new cd's being held captive, at least i know now that i'm not the only one who's had trouble with their changer. i know now that they are basically trash and that i should consider it an opportunity to get a new and better system put in. my question for the forum is which systems do you recommend. are there any makes/models of aftermarket cd players and/or changers that have shown to work well with VX's? i see Pioneer a lot in these boards. is that the way to go? if so, which model(s)?

Anita
11/18/2003, 09:56 AM
And I am starting to see the writing on the wall as my CD changer is just beginning to skip... only a couple of times but perhaps it is now that I should change it out.

There is a TON on information on this subject using the Search function. I will need to know what systems can fit in the VX with out cutting into the dash or doing any modifying of the interior if that is possible.

omegavx
11/18/2003, 09:59 AM
You know, I've read all about the cd changer issue and it's made me decide, from the very beginning, to only put 5 cd's in instead of the full 6. I'm hoping its a problem with the last slot and I'll be saved the problems by simply not putting a 6th in. Anyone had problems with a non-fully loaded changer?

AlaskaVX
11/18/2003, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by omegavx
Anyone had problems with a non-fully loaded changer?
Yup, mine is out now (for the last 2 months) I had 5 in there (none in #6) Somehow (banging the hell out of it) I got one more to pop out since it went out. But now I think I'm SOL it is making very horrible grinding noises every time it starts up.

Cyrk
11/18/2003, 11:01 AM
Mine is out also for about a month now...
replacing it with a pocket.

Is there any way to get the cd's out? with out going to the dealer
or am I SOL?

-Dave

VXMAN
11/18/2003, 11:05 AM
Sure, rip it open. It don't work anyway! I'm thinking of selling my system. Just not 100% sure yet. It's not a stock system. I have a RIO MP3 player in the top slot, head unit (cd am/fm) receiver in the bottom slot. Still on the fence.

:D
Dave...

Anita
11/18/2003, 11:12 AM
I have always had 6 cd's in the changer, the majority of which are burned cd's (with and without homemade labels) and have had no problem. I have used the player almost exclusively every time I drive since buying the VX in 2000.

But just the other day I noticed when it was playing that the music skipped for a fraction of a second and then again today same thing.

nyc #1 ironman
11/18/2003, 11:23 AM
I think you are right because i did the same thing with mine. i never put any in slot 6 and it worked fine,,, go figure?

Rickster
11/18/2003, 03:32 PM
What are they worth, I have one that is brand new, never used, as I replaced the entire system 2 days after I bought the VX.

I have the radio, and the cd changer.

Rickster

WyrreJ
11/18/2003, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by Anita
But just the other day I noticed when it was playing that the music skipped for a fraction of a second and then again today same thing. I had a burnt CD work for about a month and then over a period of about a week it went from one or two skips during the entire disc to completely unplayable. The other CDs burnt from the same batch of blanks continue to play fine...

zuzurider
12/05/2003, 06:44 AM
Tone's very strange instructions for fixing error #3 with the CD changer really works!!
Thanks Tone!!

xiaoz
12/05/2003, 05:03 PM
yes, for some reason the 6th CD will get abrasion after a while and then u won't be able to play that CD in that slot. U can put another new CD, but the same thing will happen after a while, if u take the CD out and look at the CD surface, u will see a certain area with some abrasion.

So far my cd player is ok after 2 years, i only put 5 there ever since i found this problem. It'll be nice if there's one replacement unit which we can put it in without any change of the VX dashboard.