:_beer:

Jo

PS..hey Kat..I thought it was Moab MOB!

Scott Harness
05/08/2012, 10:44 AM
:bday::dance::jump:

pbkid
05/08/2012, 11:05 AM
Cant wait to meet you next week stefen! And possibly 'borrow' your new lights :naughty:..... Jk, jk, jk.

Happy b day!

ND92
05/08/2012, 01:26 PM
Hahahahahaha Thanks everyone for the awesome B-day wishes!!!!! you guys are awesome :thumbup:
I cant wait to meet everyone and share a few drinks and some :_steering :bgwo:
I hope this is the first of many many Moab trips :grinb:

But unfortunately the Calgary Police service gave me 2 birthday gifts today. 2 tickets ($115); one for "illegal" window tint (although i have a sticker on the window that says "legal" tint)
The second was for the tinted headlight covers and tinted side marker lights that he said were turn signals. Treating me like a lower class person just because he has a badge, he made me show him how "easy" it is to take off the covers. He then told me that my tires and rims are illegal because they sit outside of the wheel wells and threatened to give me another ticket for not having daytime running lights.
When he finished with the tickets he demanded the headlight covers and confiscated them, when i asked why he was taking my covers he said that it was either the covers or he takes away my car. :(

Scott Harness
05/08/2012, 02:07 PM
Hahahahahaha Thanks everyone for the awesome B-day wishes!!!!! you guys are awesome :thumbup:
I cant wait to meet everyone and share a few drinks and some :_steering :bgwo:
I hope this is the first of many many Moab trips :grinb:

But unfortunately the Calgary Police service gave me 2 birthday gifts today. 2 tickets ($115); one for "illegal" window tint (although i have a sticker on the window that says "legal" tint)
The second was for the tinted headlight covers and tinted side marker lights that he said were turn signals. Treating me like a lower class person just because he has a badge, he made me show him how "easy" it is to take off the covers. He then told me that my tires and rims are illegal because they sit outside of the wheel wells and threatened to give me another ticket for not having daytime running lights.
When he finished with the tickets he demanded the headlight covers and confiscated them, when i asked why he was taking my covers he said that it was either the covers or he takes away my car. :(
WOW! that sucks,Dallas police don't care about any of that stuff,unless you made them mad for some reason.

Dumke
05/08/2012, 02:25 PM
Happy bday man.. That does stink with the tickets. And Scott Texas law doesnt care about tires sticking out. I do know that Arizona doesnt care about a front license plate...

Your not doing anything bad I think they should let people have their ride how they want too. A few sour grapes makes it bad for all.. :(

Guess you should have a few more drinks tonight to "celebrate harder" :D ... see you in Moab

pbkid
05/08/2012, 04:53 PM
Oh man that really sucks...

Maybe you wont be able to have your headlights and other markers tinted... That would be a bummer.

I dont think I recall kenny ever mentioning having issues with his tires sticking out, and hes a canadian, but it could be different because he's much more east than you...

JoFotoz
05/08/2012, 05:34 PM
That suxs...

Cheer yerself up...
...order a set of OME springs to be delivered to Moab,
and let the Stoop garage have at it!

jo

ND92
05/08/2012, 08:54 PM
Hahahaha yeah the cop was just being a giant A**hole about everything. Probably was having a bad day or his wife no longer loves him. I tried to explain things to him but it was going in one ear and out the other. I have been passed by and stopped beside a countless number of police without them even caring until today. With the headlight covers, i searched and searched for a week for anything that said they were illegal but couldn't find anything so i thought it was ok. He never said that they were illegal, made me take them off for him and confiscated them on the spot for no reason. Had he told me they were illegal and gave me a warning I would have sold them but I guess those are lost. As for the tint, it was applied in Texas by the original owner and it was never flagged during import inspection and inter-provincial inspection so its definitely not illegal and he was just trying to reach his quota for the day. I have so much respect for police but after things like this i have doubts about the rest of the force here. I believe he crossed the line when he said "and those are just the things i see at a glance and im sure if i really look, ill find more to give tickets on." and "your lucky im only taking away your headlight covers cause i can take your car off the road for good"
The things he was complaining about are the same little things that all those lifted jeeps and land rovers have, but i get pulled over cause my truck stands out.

Triathlete
05/08/2012, 10:24 PM
Check with the department...I would think you should be able ro get YOUR merchandise back then sale them. With the exception of drugs, guns and in some instances cars it's kind of hard to believe they can just take stuff. Here in Az that stuff would have just gotten you a "fix-it" ticket.

Dumke, as far as Az front plates...they don't even issue you one unless you get vanity plates.

Oh yeah...happy bday nd!

tom4bren
05/09/2012, 04:39 AM
Happy Birthday ND.

The last time I got the VX inspected, the guy said that even though he passed it with the tires sticking out past the fenders, a cop could still give me a ticket for it (I haven't though). My Brother in law got the same story on his window tinting (& he's gotten 2 tickets for it).

ND92
05/09/2012, 10:53 AM
Oh yeah...happy bday nd!
Happy Birthday ND.

Thanks guys!!! :dan_ban:

In Canada or at least here in Calgary, your guilty until proven innocent if your under 30 and have a nice car. I don't understand why he was treating me like he did. It bugs me so much and ruined my day yesterday that he was like that without cause. Im not a drug dealer, a punk, a tool or a racer but was instantly treated like one even though I was honest, courteous and nice to him. Ive been driving for 4 years without any type of road infraction until yesterday. I work damn hard for the things I have. Sorry for the mini rant guys, just needed to let it out. But i will be pleading not guilty on the tickets to see where it goes from here.

MeowMix
05/09/2012, 09:29 PM
Happy birthday ND! Too bad we couldn't convoy to Moab together this year; perhaps sometime in the future our schedules will line up. Sorry about the bad experiences today, not all cops are total jerks though -- I'd call into the station and give them some professional "feedback" on your experience, and request your property back...but then again, I don't live in Canada, and I am unfamiliar with your laws there.

...but if it makes you feel any better: I hit one of my cars with my other car on my 18th birthday. A bad situation can always be a little worse, lol. ;Dy;

ND92
05/09/2012, 10:29 PM
Thanks MeowMix!!! I wish we could as well. Ive always wanted to ride in a convoy.
Im going into the station tomorrow and lodging a complaint and demanding my covers back. hopefully they give them back.

but if it makes you feel any better: I hit one of my cars with my other car on my 18th birthday. A bad situation can always be a little worse, lol.
True good sir, very true.