PDA

View Full Version : Rally crossing the vx

Slideways
05/05/2012, 05:17 AM
Yeah I'm probably going to get beat by a gaggle of subarus, but I really want to run a vx in a rallycross. Near me in tulsa there is a exceptionally rough event and I think the vx would do well on.

I know most of you on here do more crawling then rallying, but after a year of driving the vx on my 70% gravel/dirt paper route every single morning. I can tell you the mix of TOD and the stock Kybs (cut rear bumps) do an amazing job on gravel roads.

Rallyx prep so far has been poly sway bushings, calmini cold air, axis brake pads, and 265s. Hopefully will have a custom cat back and a more performance oriented alignment befor the first event on the 21st.

johnnyapollo
05/05/2012, 05:45 AM
I've rallied my stock VX before and it did well - as did the other VXes being rallied. Lots of fun too!

-- John

Cobrajet
05/07/2012, 11:15 AM
Watch your shocks for blow outs. I used to drive some pretty "fun" back roads to work, and I believe that's what blew my left front KYB.

Scott Harness
05/07/2012, 11:43 AM
Several people on here have done really well rallying.I think there might be a thread even...search for it

Gussie2000
05/07/2012, 01:33 PM
Isuzu built the vehicross inspired for rally competition and have done so pretty well so don't feel afraid of subaru,they may be faster,but no capable as what the vehicross can do so just prepare your VX for the race.

johnnyapollo
05/08/2012, 03:04 AM
One comment - the stiffer your sidewalls the better. The Forrester at the last event I attended kept rolling the bead (think the sand kept getting in there and flattening the tire)...