PDA

View Full Version : no heat blanket

evillecutter
05/04/2012, 08:59 AM
i was wondering if anything bad can come from not having a heat blanket on the underside of the hood - when i bought my vx it didnt have one and i didnt think about it until now that it might be a good idea to get or make one - the engine and cooling system runs great and does not overheat but i didnt know if anyone knew of any long term effects of not having one - also didnt know if i should post this under troubleshooting or what but i couldnt find anything about it in the archives - thanks all

side note - the top of that radiator gets very hot and this is the only vehicle i have owned that didnt have at least some type of protection from leaning over and burning yourself - anyone have any thoughts on that (i always like hearing what you all have to say)

circmand
05/04/2012, 09:08 AM
Just the increased engine noise. As for the hot radiator most part places sell rubber mats to protect the paint it should work on the radiator toprotect you as well.

VXR
05/04/2012, 12:30 PM
i was wondering if anything bad can come from not having a heat blanket on the underside of the hood

I have not had one in for 8+ years. I think there are lots of people running without one...

Scott Harness
05/04/2012, 12:35 PM
I have not had one in for 8+ years. I think there are lots of people running without one...

X2

Ldub
05/04/2012, 03:36 PM
X2

X3

evillecutter
05/06/2012, 08:39 AM
thanks i feel better now

Y33TREKker
05/06/2012, 11:08 AM
I seem to remember seeing in one of these threads awhile back that someone had found a wrecked VX at one of the salvage yards rights there in Evansville. Maybe it would still have the blanket?

If you decide to call around about it, keep me in mind because there are a few bits I've been curious whether it may still have. Maybe we could meet there some time for a VX salvage session and get a volume discount? :bwgy:

evillecutter
05/07/2012, 12:31 PM
I seem to remember seeing in one of these threads awhile back that someone had found a wrecked VX at one of the salvage yards rights there in Evansville. Maybe it would still have the blanket?

If you decide to call around about it, keep me in mind because there are a few bits I've been curious whether it may still have. Maybe we could meet there some time for a VX salvage session and get a volume discount? :bwgy:

i called around to the different yards in town when i first bought the car looking for spare parts but i couldnt find anyone who knew what i was talking about - then apparently i was tagged or something with my vx on facebook and a friend of mine from high school saw it and messaged me saying that he runs an auto bone yard here in town (that i somehow never heard of) and he used to have one there and he thought he probably still had parts for it - but ive messaged him several times asking where his yard was since then and i havent heard back...

Y33TREKker
05/07/2012, 12:41 PM
I found the thread I was talking about.

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=22013&highlight=evansville

Universal Salvage
2408 North 5th Avenue
Evansville, IN 47710
(812) 425-6238
Ask for Ray (one of owners I think) or Will (sales associate)

I have to admit that the only yards I was familiar with in E'ville were Liberty and AAA, so this one was new to me too.

Looks like tysamigo was there only a couple of months ago, so maybe it's still there?

evillecutter
05/07/2012, 12:51 PM
yeah i went to school with will - thanks for the address - like i said he didnt get back with me on my emails and i had never heard of his yard before - there is also glisson's salvage on first ave here but that's one of the yards i called and they acted like they never heard of one - i'll have to stop by universal sometime soon and see if anything is still there - i'll let you know