PDA

View Full Version : Tranny fluid

kehecross
04/30/2012, 05:59 PM
Can anyone tell me how someone would get 1 to 1 1/2 quart extra tranny fluid in the tranny? I took the check plug out and got BLASTED with tranny fluid!!!(NO LAUGHING:p) I bought this VX in November and the guy said he just had the tranny serviced two weeks before. It has been shifting just fine I just had it on the lift to fix the tail pipe and thought I would check things out while it was up there. Hope it didn't hurt anything. The tranny was cool as I only drove it 3 miles and it was on the lift about 45 min before I took the plug out.

atilla_the_fun
04/30/2012, 06:02 PM
You need to keep the engine running to add fluid or to check fluid levels on this transmission. Please use the search or do a google search ("transmission level site:vehicross.info") for the fill up guide.

Ldub
04/30/2012, 06:05 PM
Can anyone tell me how someone would get 1 to 1 1/2 quart extra tranny fluid in the tranny? I took the check plug out and got BLASTED with tranny fluid!!!(NO LAUGHING:p) I bought this VX in November and the guy said he just had the tranny serviced two weeks before. It has been shifting just fine I just had it on the lift to fix the tail pipe and thought I would check things out while it was up there. Hope it didn't hurt anything. The tranny was cool as I only drove it 3 miles and it was on the lift about 45 min before I took the plug out.

You know that it should be idling in park when you check it...right?...:_wrench:

This will help...:yesgray:

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/fluid1.png

kehecross
04/30/2012, 06:13 PM
You know that it should be idling in park when you check it...right?...:_wrench:

This will help...:yesgray:

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/fluid1.png

Yeah I just had A BIG DUMB AZZ ATTACK;wtf;. Thanks guys I knew that and just didn't do it in my haste to get things done. It was such a big surprise when it happened I lost my head:disturbed. Sorry and thanks again.

Ldub
04/30/2012, 06:31 PM
As long as it's a case of "tragedy averted", let's just call it...WINNING...:thumbup:

That's what the Fam is here for...to help each other...:_wrench: