PDA

View Full Version : New Owner

Pigpen
10/10/2003, 08:24 PM
hey all,
after driving CJ-7's for 20+ years, I went with our vehicle. I know from the jeep side of tribe, now I need to know more about our ride. It seems driver's side power window, CD player and head light sealing are a common problem. PLEASE send me your fixes.:confused: And as an additional note what is the best side wall protectact out there? I have been thinking of Armour All. Send me your sug.

Great site, Thanks for the help
Pig
PigWheels

Raque Thomas
10/10/2003, 08:42 PM
Pigpen - welcome aboard - you're going to love your new ride! It's much more practical than the CJ - and I've seen more than one picture here of a VX pulling a Jeep out of a tight spot. I got to take the Rubicon trip a few years ago in a CJ, but I have (as yet) never had my VX off road - if the VX is more capable than the CJ, it's quite a vehicle!!!

For your fixes, just use the search feature at the top of the screen, you'll find a lot of info on all of these subjects. On the Armour All topic, if you're talking about the tires - try one of the gels you apply with an applicator (I've been using Meguair's Endurance Gloss lately) - it will last longer, won't spin up all over the side of your car, and makes less of a mess when applied. For the body cladding, try Back To Black - after two apllications it will last through several washings and/or rains before you have to reapply it. Armour All has to be reapplied every time it gets wet, or it looks pretty bad.

WormGod
10/13/2003, 08:12 AM
Welcome aboard. This is the only place youll need to look for your VX needs.