PDA

View Full Version : Kill Bill!!!!!!

Amack76
10/10/2003, 08:23 PM
I am a big taratino fan, and i saw Kill Bill today, i know it has nothing to do with the VX, but i felt i should tell you all to go see this movie it was amazzzzing. well made, good acting, awesome fights, good cinematgraphy, awesome sets, an nice a ***** sword, and i will add its not for a person with a weak stomach as it is very very gorey.....ewwww. but definately blow 8 bucks cause it was awesome.

WyrreJ
10/10/2003, 10:02 PM
If you like the matrix and martial arts films like Kill Bill Vol1, rent the DVD Equilibirium, heck go and buy it. That DVD was the first one that I saw the Kill Bill preview on, and it totally fits the main feature too. The coolest thing about Equilibrium is that the director/writer invened a new martial art style that takes firearms beyond anything even the hong-kong guys have done, he calls it "gun-kata." The scenes with the characters performing gun-kata are just mezmerizing - kind of like when the matrix came out and their 3d rotational slow-mo was so new and such an intriguing special effect. The story in Equilibrium ain't bad either, kind of a retelling of farenheit 451 - nothing awe-insprining but pretty solid and expertly executed.

If you are wondering why you never saw Equilibrium in the theaters it is because the studio made a profit by selling foreign distribution rights for more than it cost to make the movie. So rather than "risk" it at the box office, they showed it for a couple of weeks in a couple of markets and then took it out of domestic circulation because they preferred to take the $5M or so in profits from the foreign distribution rights and leave it at that rather than pay for a promo campaign and making enough prints for a widespread distribution. But in other countries Equilibrium easily hit the top ten charts, last I heard, a year after domestic release, it was #1 in Thailand.

hchen
10/11/2003, 01:25 AM
yes go watch. good movie

Panther_Black_VX
10/11/2003, 04:08 AM
Originally posted by WyrreJ
If you like the matrix and martial arts films like Kill Bill Vol1, rent the DVD Equilibirium, heck go and buy it.

Thanks! This is now on my Netflix queue! :D

autox-racer
10/11/2003, 06:10 AM
I saw kill bill yesterday also and would recommend to any QT fan to go see it. I think QT is the only writer today that can make killing funny (probably a good thing). only thing that sucks: we have to wait for part 2 next year.

KillBill=kung fu + search for the holy grail + anime and makes reservior dogs seem G rated.

Amack76
10/11/2003, 12:25 PM
vol. 2 comes out in december

Dallas4u
10/11/2003, 10:35 PM
Saw it, and loved every aspect of it!

Can't wait for volume 2!

WyrreJ
10/12/2003, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by Amack76
vol. 2 comes out in december

I thought it was more like February as in 2/20 (and vol1 was 10/10 for the numerologists).