PDA

View Full Version : My First VX Road Encounter

joeworf
04/11/2012, 08:21 AM
Okay, I've come across a fellow VXer's ride in a parking lot and went by to see a crippled one locally for sale, but this morning was my FIRST actual sighting of another VX on the road. Even better was that it was right in front of me travelling in the same direction. Yeah. Big Whoop!
Hey, as scarce as our vehicles are it's kind of a thrill to roll up on one. I passed him (her?) at one point and gave a friendly acknowledgement toot of the horn and forged onward to work. I got a wave back (hard to see well as the windows were tinted). It was either an Astral or Kaiser with Virginia plates and fully badged. Happy motoring whoever you are and good to see ya! :smilewink

housertl
04/11/2012, 08:41 AM
Joe,

Where/when did you see this VX? I live in Arlington, and I have the only Astral I have seen in this area. It wasn't me, though.

nfpgasmask
04/11/2012, 12:00 PM
Its always cool to see another VX on the road.

Bart

joeworf
04/11/2012, 01:59 PM
Joe,

Where/when did you see this VX? I live in Arlington, and I have the only Astral I have seen in this area. It wasn't me, though.

I was in Alexandria on S. Washington St. (northbound). The other VX continued on in the direction of D.C. after I veered off at National Airport.

tom4bren
04/16/2012, 03:26 PM
Did it have a roof rack?

Could've been CSTYLES. He's north of DC but could've been in the area.

joeworf
04/19/2012, 11:21 AM
:_confused Embarassingly enough I was so astounded by the presence of another VX a couple of yards in front of me, I failed to notice the details (besides the color, the tag number, the badging and the window tint). I'll do better next time! :bwgy:

VXR
04/19/2012, 11:14 PM
Its always cool to see another VX on the road.

Bart

X2:yesb:

MSHardeman
04/20/2012, 08:16 AM
I know it's a long haul for most, but if you can make it out to Moab for ZuZoo sometime it's unbelievable to see so many VX's rolling around. I NEVER see another VX where I live, so the first time I went to Moab and saw other VX's on the road I was giddy. My first thought was: Do I REALLY look that cool going down the road?:p

Mile High VX
04/20/2012, 08:24 AM
I know it's a long haul for most, but if you can make it out to Moab for ZuZoo sometime it's unbelievable to see so many VX's rolling around. I NEVER see another VX where I live, so the first time I went to Moab and saw other VX's on the road I was giddy. My first thought was: Do I REALLY look that cool going down the road?:p

You really do Mark...you really do.

:bgwb::bwgy::smilewink:bgwo: