PDA

View Full Version : Tire Question

joesvx
10/10/2003, 01:58 PM
I was thinking about some new tires and I want something bigger. I dont think that I want something real aggressive because I have no place to go off roading. So I was thinking about getting the Nitto NT-404 Extreme force. Does anybody have an opinion on these tires and what size should I get will the 285/50/18 fit or should I go with the 275/60/18 ??? Thanks guys, Joe

CoPiChE
10/16/2003, 05:35 PM
After doing some research here and getting some tips , I found out that w/ 285's you might be too wide.
Some say that anything over 31" in diameter might face you with bumper or cladding triming to fit these.

Are you using your stock rims to fit the tires on?

Having 245's as of now, I have decided ( hopefully will turn out ok ) to go with: 265/60/18's given that I am getting these online for about $100 ea. and I wouldn't want to have to ship them back b/c of sizing issues.

joesvx
10/16/2003, 06:14 PM
Yes I am using the stock wheels and I just got my tires mounted today. I got a really good deal on some 255/70/18 I had to do just a small amount of trimming. Everybody who has seen them so far really seems to like them but I am not sure. I got michelin cross terrains off of the net for 90.00 a tire. I will have to give it a little while before I make up my mind if I like the bigger tires.

CoPiChE
10/17/2003, 06:53 AM
Well I don't know about bigger / taller tires. I am looking for wider tires instead leaving the sidewall size the same if posible so I dont have to face trimmings or cutouts.

From what I hear you are not very satisfied with your new tires....
Give it some time, and you will start to like them (hopefully)

crager34
10/07/2004, 08:56 AM
I just put on a set of 255/55/18's and they look pretty good. Stock rims....no trimming. Not sure about the handling yet.. need a few more days of driving on them. Discount Tire for $140 each... (ouch).

mrtew
10/09/2004, 06:05 PM
285/60/18's are the best size for people that want to really fill out their wheelwells without modifying their truck. Sometimes a small triangle must be trimmed from the inside of one or both sides of the front bumper cladding, but this takes 30 seconds and is invisble. For examples of how Yokos and Nittos look with this size check my site by clicking below or just look at this site's logo VX at the top of this page!