PDA

View Full Version : Weird donkey poo (Weird-A-S) 4-1-12

Ldub
04/01/2012, 04:33 PM
OK...the day started out rather normally, I awoke from a dream that made me glad to be awake...:uhohgray:

Then I remembered that TLMP & I are celebrating our 3rd anniversary today...:heart:...:dance:

Later in the day, as I was replacing stuff on a high up shelf, after some obligatory anniversary dusting, a vase slipped out of my grip within the dusting rag & rocketed through the air, just missing Pat, slightly ricocheting off the corner of her laptop (which she was using @ the time) and causing the cursed device to connect almost instantly, to the web. The aforementioned device has been refusing to connect...up until that very moment...:_thinking

Then, continuing on it's not so graceful path, the vase in question, landed on the glass top of my newly hot-rodized coffee table (http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?threadid=22255)...smashing the 1/4" custom cut/rounded/& chamfered piece of glass into about a thousand little shards of foot slicing wonderfullness...:upsetgray

After I got done cleaning up shards & vacuuming, I decided "nuff for today", & sat down with some old crow & started typing.

I hope night time comes soon...:sleepgray

rowhard
04/01/2012, 04:51 PM
OMG Dub

maybe a redesign of the base to incorporate some Rancho 9000's to help dampen out future impacts of flying vase's or other objects that might be thrown

Triathlete
04/01/2012, 05:06 PM
Congrats on 1095 days! Hope the rest of the celebrating went without further smooth moves as mentioned above :)

twalker920
04/01/2012, 09:15 PM
...after some obligatory anniversary dusting...

So that's what the kids are calling it these days! :winky:

Congrats and sorry about the table.

Curious as to what was the vase made of to win that duel?

Ldub
04/02/2012, 06:17 AM
OMG Dub

maybe a redesign of the base to incorporate some Rancho 9000's to help dampen out future impacts of flying vase's or other objects that might be thrown

I think you're on to something there Bud...Good Idea..:yes:

Curious as to what was the vase made of to win that duel?

I collect WWII era Japanese metal (bronze or brass) vases. The VIQ is about 6" tall & looks like this one..
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/1115201004a.jpg

tom4bren
04/02/2012, 06:54 AM
Then, continuing on it's not so graceful path, the vase in question, landed on the glass top ... smashing the 1/4" custom cut/rounded/& chamfered piece of glass into about a thousand little shards of foot slicing wonderfullness...:upsetgray

There's gotta be some sort of wierd ether connection betwixt us Bro. The glass table top in our kitchen with scalloped edges gave up the ghost last week too. Luckly ours only ended up in 3 pieces. I haven't started pricing a replacement but it's gonna be $$$.

Sorry to hear 'bout your table top but grats on the anniversary thing.

nfpgasmask
04/02/2012, 10:17 AM
Sorry about the table, dude. :(

Bart

Ldub
04/02/2012, 05:20 PM
There's gotta be some sort of wierd ether connection betwixt us Bro. The glass table top in our kitchen with scalloped edges gave up the ghost last week too. Luckly ours only ended up in 3 pieces. I haven't started pricing a replacement but it's gonna be $$$.

Sorry to hear 'bout your table top but grats on the anniversary thing.

Sorry about the table, dude. :(

Bart

You can't even imagine how lucky the dubster is gents...:yesgray:

I bounced the idea of an ovular top, with a mosaic'd ceramic tile skull & bones motif in black & white, off TLMP, & she gave it two :thumbup:...:heart:

At work today, I thought about it some more, & was leaning towards a kidney shaped top, with retro "boomerang" patterned formica, as an alternative...:cool:

Her response?

"I liked the skull & bones idea better"...:yes:...:heart:...:cool:

YEP...SHE's A KEEPER...:yesgray: