PDA

View Full Version : Cruddy water out the tailpipe?

Dallas4u
10/10/2003, 12:02 PM
Ok, what can be the explaination of somewhat dirty water coming out of the tailpipe?

Noticed my VX "leaking out of its bum hole" over the last few days, and it is something I never noticed before. What are the possibilities?

ojmagg
10/10/2003, 12:59 PM
rusty condensation?

Dallas4u
10/10/2003, 01:00 PM
The particles in the water weren't rusty "looking"... more like dark gray/black smudges floating in the water.

SoilDoc
10/10/2003, 01:27 PM
Feed your VX more fiber!!!

VehiX
10/10/2003, 02:22 PM
I'd contribute this to temp changes in your area. Has it been getting cooler in the morning or when you happen to notice this?

If not , it could be related to your hesitation problem.

Could also indicate a spark plug issue.

Dallas4u
10/10/2003, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by VehiX
I'd contribute this to temp changes in your area. Has it been getting cooler in the morning or when you happen to notice this?

Actually, it has been getting a bit cooler in the mornings... this morning was 48 degrees when leaving for work. It's been raining a bit as well.

Originally posted by VehiX
Could also indicate a spark plug issue.

Do you mean, like a bad seal around a spark plug?

VehiX
10/10/2003, 03:01 PM
I guess with the plug comment I was referring to a bad gap or issue with the plugs performace itself. With water coming out though, I would say it's cuz the cooler weather.

Spark plug issues will tell thier tale on your exhaust pipe but this will usually result in discoloration of the tip. Like black or white etc.

I think your safe and would contribute this to the cooler weather
:)

Water and steam are perfectly normal. Water is a by-product of the combustion process, and when it comes out of the engine, it's hot, so it comes out as steam and if the tailpipe is cool, some of the steam condenses on its way out and dribbles out as liquid water.

Make sense?

Dallas4u
10/10/2003, 03:49 PM
Yeah, totally. Actually, I could be just being more cautious of what's going on around the VX right now, after changing much of the fluids and all... making sure everything got lubed correctly, and nothing is clanking around in there.

The spark plug gap situation is something I may look into regarding my acceleration delay problem, though.