PDA

View Full Version : removing rear panels (help!)

valenki
10/10/2003, 06:20 AM
can I get some directions on removing the rear panels to access the rear speakers. I will do it tommorow and I am trying not to break any clips or parts...any ideas? were the clips are located so I can heat them whould be helpfull as well. Do I have to remove the seatbelts? or Rear seat?

I have the tone's cd. but it just has a picture of the panels appart. not to much direction....... or am I wring?

Navigator
10/10/2003, 06:51 AM
Although you can re-use panel clips, it is best to plan for replacing them, BTW they are very cheap. The ones in the side panels are held to the panel by slots and do not release without a fight, which can damage the panel. I just cut the clips with a pocket saw to avoid damaging the panels. Clips are cheap and can be found at any auto parts store, panels are not. Once you remove the panel, and toss out the old clips, you just slide the heads of the new clips into the slots throughout the entire panel, line up the panel with the holes and start pressing it into place.

Yes you will need to remove the seat belts, and the "suit case" like handles above each door, and fold the seats out of your way before you start pulling. You will find velcro near the wheel well on the passenger side. Start from the hatch area and work forward. You don't need to remove the entire panel, just open it up enough to get to the speakers. Sure I took mine off out of curiosity :naughty:, but it was not necessary.

Rear speakers are held in by 4 philips head screws. They use the standard GM white plastic speaker wire harness, which can be removed by carefully inserting a small flathead screw driver to release the clasps from the crimp points. Now the wires can attach directly to the aftermarket speakers. Hope this helps :D

valenki
10/10/2003, 11:24 AM
thanks for the info!

what is an SOB?

and what are the assist handles? pardon me for ignorance.....but an explanation will be highly appreciated....

AlaskaVX
10/10/2003, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by valenki
what is an SOB?
pardon me for ignorance

:rotate: :laugho: :laughr:
Heres a clue: if my mom is a real b!tch then that would make me a SOB

valenki
10/10/2003, 01:22 PM
thanks for the help so far, I have pulled the panel out but it is getting held by the seat belt, which I can not remove. It needs some special key I gyes that looks like a sun woth 6 small corners......:confused:

do I have to take out the seat belts or there is another way???

I alkso tried to get out the psacer that holds the speaker but it seems to be welded to the frame on the left. What a bummer.. Please help if you can suggest something

Dallas4u
10/10/2003, 02:13 PM

what is an SOB?

I male canine.

AnalogVX
10/10/2003, 04:01 PM
thanks for the help so far, I have pulled the panel out but it is getting held by the seat belt, which I can not remove. It needs some special key I gyes that looks like a sun woth 6 small corners......:confused:

do I have to take out the seat belts or there is another way???

I alkso tried to get out the psacer that holds the speaker but it seems to be welded to the frame on the left. What a bummer.. Please help if you can suggest something

That star bolt is Torx bolt. I forget what size it is but you can usually find a set of Torx sockets for cheap at the local Mega-Low mart. The speaker mount is welded to the chasis. I left mine in and just replaced with a similar size speaker. I was too beat down for further mods at this point.

valenki
10/11/2003, 08:39 AM
how do I put through the wires from the new speakers in the front door to the amps? that rubber link that takes wires from the door inside the car is bent and I cant feed the speaker wire through, please help???/:confused:

valenki
10/11/2003, 12:22 PM
But I have now another problem. I hooked up the the sound system. I have a mini stereo out of the pc going into rca wires. they are going into the equalizer/crossover then I have 2 pairs of rca wires going into amps and then speakers.

The problem is that the sound level coming from the pc and equalizer is very low. I tried playng with the switches on the amps and volume controlls in the computer, but that didnt help. I tried using extension from AC insted of the inverter for the computer and that didnt help. I tried running the wires straight from the the PC to the amps and that didnt help either ????

People please in you have any ideas give me some help, because this project will kill me if id doesnt work.......

jim.LR>AR
10/12/2003, 02:01 PM
try sounddomain.com use the search look in the install area