PDA

View Full Version : values of vx's going up?

frakkin toaster
03/19/2012, 10:01 PM
when i started looking at vx's a few months ago it seemed there were a few in the $5-7k range. i have ebay updates every day + i check cl weekly only to find that they are in $9-12k. an occasional junker/project comes up cheap but i would like to find a decent one in proton. is it me, or are prices going up for some reason?

atilla_the_fun
03/19/2012, 10:43 PM
I think Roslin's energy policies are driving up the price of tillium. This would clearly to used car prices going up...

Mile High VX
03/20/2012, 05:40 AM
Here you go:

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=22198

Osteomata
03/20/2012, 05:45 AM
I think it is way too soon to assume they are going up. That fact that you are seeing people ASK for high prices doesn't mean they are actually making the sale at that price. The only datapoint I am aware of that shows a VX going for a surprisingly high number for its mileage is the recent sale of a 130k+ miles VX for $8K. That one sale doesn't indicate a trend in what typical buyers will pay, but that one sale could have affected three or four sellers asking price if they are participants or lurkers on this site. Shorter answer: I doubt it, but as a guy lackadaisically tyring to sell a VX, I hope so.

frakkin toaster
03/20/2012, 08:55 AM
I think Roslin's energy policies are driving up the price of tillium. This would clearly to used car prices going up...
if this trend continues the colonial squadron will have no choice but to add these vehicles to its battlefleet ;)

frakkin toaster
03/20/2012, 09:01 AM
Here you go:

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=22198
yeah, i saw that & its pretty much what im looking for but more then im looking to pay for one at this time. thx tho

I think it is way too soon to assume they are going up. That fact that you are seeing people ASK for high prices doesn't mean they are actually making the sale at that price. The only datapoint I am aware of that shows a VX going for a surprisingly high number for its mileage is the recent sale of a 130k+ miles VX for $8K. That one sale doesn't indicate a trend in what typical buyers will pay, but that one sale could have affected three or four sellers asking price if they are participants or lurkers on this site. Shorter answer: I doubt it, but as a guy lackadaisically tyring to sell a VX, I hope so.
there are a couple here on the dfw cl that have been on & off for months in the $8-10K range. ones on ebay that have bids usually end around the $5-7k range but not always meeting the sellers minimum.

H3_VX
03/20/2012, 10:02 AM
Protons are usually the most expensive. If you'll settle for another color it'll be cheaper. Buy an astral and paint it proton. LOL! Astral are usually the most available color.

89Vette
03/20/2012, 10:03 AM
With all the "CARS" program losses and (to me) a rash of crashed vehicles, I gotta think one of these days will see a rise in selling price.

Since DFW is a hot-weather town, it's hard to imagine anyone paying high prices for a vehicle best suited for offroading and snow. OTOH, there's lots of off-roads in Texas.

The bigger issue is "collectability". With only 4k units imported -- combined with age and the number of losses, you gotta think the amount remaining isn't that high anymore. Maybe 3k units? Maybe less?

At some point, the people who really want one gotta outweigh the quality of units remaining. (I'm also a big believer that few people understand how to properly take care of a collectable -- let alone a vehicle you want to keep many years.) IOW, even of the units remaining, there's a much smaller percentage in primo condition.

The hard part is figuring out which $5-$7 sales are for vehicles that should have gone for more, which ones were really in need of care, and how many really well-kept units are still around.

The one that surprises me most is the eBay sale of a SC VX with less than 80k miles for less than $10k asking price. Maybe the engine isn't in such great shape????

Keep asking a good price guys...One of these days....One of these days!!!

89V

H3_VX
03/20/2012, 10:16 AM
I know you'll all call me an extreme optimist, but i'm still hoping that the auto market picks up like crazy and my favorite makers make a comeback (i.e. HUMMER and Isuzu). Also, technology would need to make leaps and bounds. It ticks me off that a 100mpg electric H3 was ready for market and they still were forced to shut it down.

Gussie2000
03/20/2012, 12:57 PM
Protons are usually the most expensive.

Sorry H3_VX but how do you conclude that protons are more expensive because of the color ?

Colors doesn't affect the price of a vehicule,is just a matter of personal taste,that's why cars are painted in hundred of different colors.

Back in 1999 isuzu choose the silver,the white and the black because they are the most popular colors out there,then the yellow,the green,the gunmetal ( kaiser silver ) and the firefox ( burgundy ) were added to amplify the range of customers that will be driven to purchase a VX in the color of their taste.

I just wonder why isuzu didn't include the red color

Mile High VX
03/20/2012, 01:07 PM
$7k in WI

http://eauclaire.craigslist.org/cto/2907461175.html

circmand
03/20/2012, 01:12 PM
I know you'll all call me an extreme optimist, but i'm still hoping that the auto market picks up like crazy and my favorite makers make a comeback (i.e. HUMMER and Isuzu). Also, technology would need to make leaps and bounds. It ticks me off that a 100mpg electric H3 was ready for market and they still were forced to shut it down.

You have to remember to take these reports with a grain of salt. First most of these are experimental and do not meet safety specs. Toyota just got a lawsuit decided against them for reporting 50 mpg on one of their cars that really got above 34 mpg. The govt allows higher mpg results for doing extra crap that does not affect mpg. Given the Hummers size I cant imagine they could get 100 mpg especially with an extra motor. Also I wouldnt look at an electric car unless they have a few hundred mile cruising trip. Currently the reports of range on the electrics are far higher than they get in real world situations. I would hate to run out of electricity and have to do a 10 hour fill up.

H3_VX
03/20/2012, 05:02 PM
Sorry H3_VX but how do you conclude that protons are more expensive because of the color ?

Colors doesn't affect the price of a vehicule,is just a matter of personal taste,that's why cars are painted in hundred of different colors.

Back in 1999 isuzu choose the silver,the white and the black because they are the most popular colors out there,then the yellow,the green,the gunmetal ( kaiser silver ) and the firefox ( burgundy ) were added to amplify the range of customers that will be driven to purchase a VX in the color of their taste.

I just wonder why isuzu didn't include the red color

I know colors don't dictate price, but alot of stealerships charge more for cars they know people are after. For example, I want a H2 SUT. They are as rare as Vehicri, so dealers charge $4-$5k more than KBB or Nada.

frakkin toaster
03/21/2012, 12:14 AM
hmm, color rarity may be a slight factor...

...i dont think ive seen a proton under $8k.

Breezy
03/21/2012, 05:15 AM
PM sent. :)

TheGanzman
03/21/2012, 06:11 AM
Funny part is, they're EASY to find in "average" or worse condition; try finding one that is UNMODIFIED, unrusted, unflogged - at ANY price! They just aren't out there. Almost EVER'one that buys one of these things "personalizes" it to suit HIM/HER; all well and good, but when the time DOES come (and that time WILL come!) to sell, what is EVERYONE actually looking for? An unmodified, unrusted, very good condition VX. I'm old enough to remember this same thing happening with Corvettes - back in the '60's, everyone put fender flares, triple taillights, big wheels, changed engines, tuck & roll/diamond tuck interiors in them; then, in the '80's, everybody wanted one - a STOCK one! *I* lived through the street-racing era, and I can tell you - noBODY thought a "stock" Corvette would be 1000% MORE desirable than a "customized", COOL Corvette. The rest, as they say, is history...

Now the VX will never be a classic Corvette desire-wise, but they sure DO get modded, off-roaded, and wrecked; they also start rusting if you even LOOK at H2O! And since they're driven in the snow, they get crashed into by idiots on "snow days". Hell, in the 3+ years I've had mine, I've watched the availability of nice, unmodded VX's dwindle to almost NONE; back when I was looking, there were maybe 3-4 to choose from under 60K miles, that were unmodded. Now? Good luck! And everybody wants a "deal", too. Here on the Forum (as in MOST Forums) we tend to be "near-sighted" - we're in our own little World. I can tell you, living in SoCal, I turned down at least 1-2 $10K+ offers/month for my little Proton from NON-VX owner/enthusiasts; just from guys/gals that saw it somewhere, thought it was cool, and HAD to have it! And when it comes time to sell mine, I will NEVER list it here; sorry, but too much of a PITA! I'll just keep driving it around, all clean and all, and when someone HAS to have it, I'll tell him/her that "it's not for sale, but it CAN be bought"...Ca-ching!:bwgy:

H3_VX
03/21/2012, 03:00 PM
Funny part is, they're EASY to find in "average" or worse condition; try finding one that is UNMODIFIED, unrusted, unflogged - at ANY price! They just aren't out there. Almost EVER'one that buys one of these things "personalizes" it to suit HIM/HER; all well and good, but when the time DOES come (and that time WILL come!) to sell, what is EVERYONE actually looking for? An unmodified, unrusted, very good condition VX. I'm old enough to remember this same thing happening with Corvettes - back in the '60's, everyone put fender flares, triple taillights, big wheels, changed engines, tuck & roll/diamond tuck interiors in them; then, in the '80's, everybody wanted one - a STOCK one! *I* lived through the street-racing era, and I can tell you - noBODY thought a "stock" Corvette would be 1000% MORE desirable than a "customized", COOL Corvette. The rest, as they say, is history...

Now the VX will never be a classic Corvette desire-wise, but they sure DO get modded, off-roaded, and wrecked; they also start rusting if you even LOOK at H2O! And since they're driven in the snow, they get crashed into by idiots on "snow days". Hell, in the 3+ years I've had mine, I've watched the availability of nice, unmodded VX's dwindle to almost NONE; back when I was looking, there were maybe 3-4 to choose from under 60K miles, that were unmodded. Now? Good luck! And everybody wants a "deal", too. Here on the Forum (as in MOST Forums) we tend to be "near-sighted" - we're in our own little World. I can tell you, living in SoCal, I turned down at least 1-2 $10K+ offers/month for my little Proton from NON-VX owner/enthusiasts; just from guys/gals that saw it somewhere, thought it was cool, and HAD to have it! And when it comes time to sell mine, I will NEVER list it here; sorry, but too much of a PITA! I'll just keep driving it around, all clean and all, and when someone HAS to have it, I'll tell him/her that "it's not for sale, but it CAN be bought"...Ca-ching!:bwgy:
LOL, nice post.

But my VX cannot be bought for ANY amount of money. I would not even sell it for $100,000. :bwgy::bgwb::bgwo::smilewink

blacksambo
03/21/2012, 08:23 PM
We have two unmodded. And...the most popular color was Astral by double...so that should be the color to collect, not Proton (sorry Proton lovers, if it was that good they would have sold a thousand of them.)

89Vette
03/21/2012, 08:55 PM
We have two unmodded. And...the most popular color was Astral by double...so that should be the color to collect, not Proton (sorry Proton lovers, if it was that good they would have sold a thousand of them.)

But, what if the clientelle able to afford a $30k PUV have a different -- more demure mindset -- than youngsters able to appreciate/afford the 10-yr-old specimens left on the market?!?!?!

I'm a big, huge, lifetime fan of black vehicles. Even have an Ebony VX and black Corvette. To be honest, I think the cladding needs a contrasting color. If I had it to do again, my first choice would be Foxfire or Proton!!!

And, I'm an old-fart!!!

:wave:

Vendetta
03/21/2012, 09:04 PM
Astrals of the world unite.

-V

Scott Larson
03/21/2012, 09:14 PM
They will always be worth what someone is willing to pay; and yes, totally original will, in the end, always command a premium price...just sayin'.:rotate:

Gussie2000
03/22/2012, 05:20 PM
Black is always the best color for cars.

In regards of the VX with its cladding that don't do a contrast to highlight it well there's ways to make look like that.

Well treated cladding with black but glossy looking wheels and the paint well polished you'll never look at another color again.

But again,colors is all about personal taste.

TheGanzman
03/22/2012, 09:13 PM

In regards of the VX with its cladding that don't do a contrast to highlight it well there's ways to make look like that.

Well treated cladding with black but glossy looking wheels and the paint well polished you'll never look at another color again.

But again,colors is all about personal taste.

Ah, black - nothing looks better CLEAN, and nothing looks WORSE (about 10 minutes LATER) dirty than black...:bwgy:

frakkin toaster
03/22/2012, 09:58 PM
Ah, black - nothing looks better CLEAN, and nothing looks WORSE (about 10 minutes LATER) dirty than black...:bwgy:
haha...so true. ive owed 2 black trucks in the past. i will never get another unless it is super cheap...as in cheap enough i can also get it painted too...

Gussie2000
03/23/2012, 02:46 AM
[QUOTEcheap enough i can also get it painted too...[/QUOTE]

Cheap enough to painted to which color ?

Breezy
03/23/2012, 04:39 AM
Frakkin, you interested at all in my Proton? If you are game, I think we could possibly work out a deal. I want to be able to get a smaller car before the semester ends in 4 weeks, because I start traveling more then.

I have a local guy coming to look today, but I'd rather sell to a VX.info person because I know it'd be more likely to be treasured and taken care of.

Y33TREKker
03/23/2012, 04:44 PM
Originally Posted by TheGanzman - Funny part is, they're EASY to find in "average" or worse condition; try finding one that is UNMODIFIED, unrusted, unflogged - at ANY price! They just aren't out there. Almost EVER'one that buys one of these things "personalizes" it to suit HIM/HER; all well and good, but when the time DOES come (and that time WILL come!) to sell, what is EVERYONE actually looking for? An unmodified, unrusted, very good condition VX....

...Now the VX will never be a classic Corvette desire-wise, but they sure DO get modded, off-roaded, and wrecked; they also start rusting if you even LOOK at H2O! And since they're driven in the snow, they get crashed into by idiots on "snow days". Hell, in the 3+ years I've had mine, I've watched the availability of nice, unmodded VX's dwindle to almost NONE; back when I was looking, there were maybe 3-4 to choose from under 60K miles, that were unmodded. Now? Good luck! And everybody wants a "deal", too. Here on the Forum (as in MOST Forums) we tend to be "near-sighted" - we're in our own little World. I can tell you, living in SoCal, I turned down at least 1-2 $10K+ offers/month for my little Proton from NON-VX owner/enthusiasts; just from guys/gals that saw it somewhere, thought it was cool, and HAD to have it! And when it comes time to sell mine, I will NEVER list it here; sorry, but too much of a PITA! I'll just keep driving it around, all clean and all, and when someone HAS to have it, I'll tell him/her that "it's not for sale, but it CAN be bought"...Ca-ching!

LOL, nice post.

But my VX cannot be bought for ANY amount of money. I would not even sell it for $100,000. :bwgy::bgwb::bgwo::smilewink
Agreed about TheGanzman's post, especially the bolded parts (no offense to anyone here...but...it is what it is).

I don't know if I could say the same thing about not selling mine for any amount of money though, because if someone came up to me tomorrow and offered $100k for my 36k-mile '01 Ebony (of which I still have all the stock parts that could be put back on before the sale), I don't know that I'd pass on the deal.

frakkin toaster
03/23/2012, 08:51 PM
[QUOTEcheap enough i can also get it painted too...

Cheap enough to painted to which color ?[/QUOTE]
on a vx, either yellow or silver.

Frakkin, you interested at all in my Proton? If you are game, I think we could possibly work out a deal. I want to be able to get a smaller car before the semester ends in 4 weeks, because I start traveling more then.

I have a local guy coming to look today, but I'd rather sell to a VX.info person because I know it'd be more likely to be treasured and taken care of.
pm'd

VXD959
03/24/2012, 10:48 AM
Yes, there are definitely going up... look at this one!!!!

http://longisland.craigslist.org/ctd/2913849301.html

Scott Harness
03/24/2012, 11:03 AM

LOL x2 I had a black car once.It would be dirty before you got home from the car wash!

Cobrajet
03/24/2012, 04:55 PM
Yes, there are definitely going up... look at this one!!!!

http://longisland.craigslist.org/ctd/2913849301.html
Yeah, but that's the 2011 model. If you're going to pay that kind money, you may as well get the new 2013 model (in Proton, of course!) :)

frakkin toaster
03/24/2012, 07:21 PM
Yeah, but that's the 2011 model. If you're going to pay that kind money, you may as well get the new 2013 model (in Proton, of course!) :)
i dont like the new body style...

...looks like a wrecker & doesnt have the roof rack :bwgy:

frakkin toaster
03/24/2012, 07:26 PM
i dont like the new body style...

...no back seats & doesnt have the roof rack :bwgy:

mborodi
03/25/2012, 06:39 AM
One might think the color would have something to do with the price, based on the amount of that particular color being built (210 firefox total) but with 479 proton's.. you might think firefox would sell higher, if that were the case on color based pricing.. not sure really.. I paid 5800 for my firefox and then had it custom painted proton.. because I wanted (had to have, NEEDED) proton.. but I recently saw on ebay some freak who was asking 17K.. dont remember what color.. obviously that seller was off the charts.. most I've seen over the years was 12K, for very low mile VX. I'd still say the average runs below 8K.. I work for a car dealer.. I can tell you during tax return season as a general rule, car dealers pay higher prices at auction.. and we sell out fast on used cars.. when tax return money runs out.. the prices drop back down to "normal" range for dealers.

89Vette
03/25/2012, 08:18 AM
I can tell you during tax return season as a general rule, car dealers pay higher prices at auction.. and we sell out fast on used cars.. when tax return money runs out.. the prices drop back down to "normal" range for dealers.

What's the reason for that phenomenon? Does tax season provides an extra supply of consumer money, making them more "flush" and ready to send out the old and buy the new?

As for the average value, you're probably right. The reason, I just explained in a recent thread. People simply don't spend the time and money to maintain a vehicle in showroom condition. They avoid most routine maintenance (even oil-changes in some cases) and they rarely spend the higher prices for drive-train maintenance. I don't think they chase after squeaks and leaks either. They typically let a car's condition "erode" into a state where the average buyer needs to let the existing state continue or spend a small-fortune to get it back to a show-room-like trophy.

Cars are definitely meant to be driven -- and most people do just that.

frakkin toaster
03/25/2012, 08:45 PM
.. I can tell you during tax return season as a general rule, car dealers pay higher prices at auction.. and we sell out fast on used cars.. when tax return money runs out.. the prices drop back down to "normal" range for dealers.
this makes sense that its went up recently...i work at a retail store & ppl were spending a lot of tax cash. im sure some even bought or put down payments on vehicles during this time too.

kinda like if you are not in a hurry and want to save on a purchase...buy a boat or motorcycle in dec. when its too cold for ppl to enjoy them + need christmas money. when spring & summer rolls around you wont be able to find either.

Osteomata
03/26/2012, 04:12 PM
After watching the recent South Park episode, my new sales plan is to take mine down to the an assisted living facility on social security check day. Apparently sales in certain markets peak significantly then. /jk

VXR
03/27/2012, 12:34 AM
when it comes time to sell mine, I will NEVER list it here; sorry, but too much of a PITA!

X3

X2 and also faded cladding looks "least bad" on a black VX:yesb:

89Vette
03/27/2012, 10:00 AM
X3faded cladding looks "least bad" on a black VX:yesb:

So dye it. It's cheap and easy. That Gator coating is probably good stuff too (though I've not used it myself). But, I have dyed my cladding a darker charcoal color.

FWIW, Your comment makes a case for my point too. It's the contrast of colors that makes the VX cladding/body color interesting. Now that mine is alot closer, I find the contrast to (have been) well-thought-out.

There is a mono-colored Proton (on this website) that looks very good, but (in general) the other mono-colored VXs don't excite me much.

Most importantly, because the VX is a bold statement (among the SUV community), I think the brighter-colored units help to promote that image.

OK...Most importantly, this has nothing to do with resale pricing and the point of this thread.

VXR
03/28/2012, 03:14 AM
Your comment makes a case for my point too. It's the contrast of colors that makes the VX cladding/body color interesting.

:yesb:

frakkin toaster
04/01/2012, 05:14 PM
other than the iron man, was there any other special ed?

if so, what are they worth?

H3_VX
04/01/2012, 05:29 PM
Personally, I don't really think prices have gone up recently. They are the same as what I saw almost 3 years ago when I first began looking.

Osteomata
04/02/2012, 07:09 AM
My sense is that they have stopped (or significantly slowed) depreciating, even as the mileage goes up.

H3_VX
04/02/2012, 07:19 AM
My sense is that they have stopped (or significantly slowed) depreciating, even as the mileage goes up.I agree with this, Prices have certainly stopped, but have not gone up.

Scott Larson
04/02/2012, 08:02 AM
other than the iron man, was there any other special ed?

if so, what are they worth?

Why yes, there is one very special edition VX out there. It's the only factory painted, US market, pearl white one there is. I believe it's in Colorado somewhere...:drool2:

circmand
04/02/2012, 10:49 AM
Prices aren't going up. At 10-15 years you usually do not see the prices go up. After that they inch up then around 25 where classic starts you start seeing the climb

89Vette
04/02/2012, 03:07 PM
Could be, but most collectibles don't have 4k or less units left after 10yrs. So, it could start sooner.

VXR
04/03/2012, 01:28 AM
Could be, but most collectibles don't have 4k or less units left after 10yrs. So, it could start sooner.

X2:thumbup:

frakkin toaster
04/03/2012, 07:08 AM
i agree...its even rarer than my supra which has less then 5-6k units by now. ive only seen 2 vx's in person.

the first one (silver) was at the stealership in 98 or 99 i think...they only got the one.

the other (proton) is local, but sitting on the back side on junkyard...and no, the guy wont sell it :(

circmand
04/03/2012, 09:09 AM
X2:thumbup:

However remember even with low production numbers sales were poor. The interest in the vehicle when new plays into the interest in the vehicle when old. I bought mine new in June 2002 when 2003 models were just coming out. Thats 2 years on a lot. At the time I did a search there were over 60 brand new VXs available at $23,995. Which I talked the dealer down to. The one the dealer had that I bought happened to be the only Proton I could find. Maybe those who brag about the best selling color should look at sales vs production and how fast they sold. If you only make 500 Protons you can only sell 500 Protons.

89Vette
04/03/2012, 09:34 AM
However remember even with low production numbers sales were poor. The interest in the vehicle when new plays into the interest in the vehicle when old. I bought mine new in June 2002 when 2003 models were just coming out. Thats 2 years on a lot. At the time I did a search there were over 60 brand new VXs available at $23,995. Which I talked the dealer down to. The one the dealer had that I bought happened to be the only Proton I could find. Maybe those who brag about the best selling color should look at sales vs production and how fast they sold. If you only make 500 Protons you can only sell 500 Protons.

Ahhhh yes....but the younger generation is more hip and we have a higher population now. How do we know the interest hasn't gone up?!?!?

Especially if there were enough units that people never spying one could see one now! :bwgy::smilewink:bgwo::bgwb:

OTOH, as with pontiac, plymouth, and saturn, people might be most worried about parts/service support on a 10-yr-old vehicle were the brand is basically defunct.

Osteomata
04/03/2012, 12:50 PM
OTOH, as with pontiac, plymouth, and saturn, people might be most worried about parts/service support on a 10-yr-old vehicle were the brand is basically defunct.

Concur. I think the VX would command more interest if it was from a brand still operating in North America. Also if the fuel efficiency was even 20MPG highway, psychologically this would alleviate some of the gas concerns, but anything in the teens is a significant negative in the modern market.

89Vette
04/03/2012, 03:02 PM
if the fuel efficiency was even 20MPG highway, psychologically this would alleviate some of the gas concerns, but anything in the teens is a significant negative in the modern market.

Well, there's a few who keep insisting 21-22mpg. One seller with a 2wd (TOD switch) claimed 25mpg.

I called BS but still wonder. Of course, I never get to drive out on the hwy for a long stretch. At least I've gotten it above 15mpg for the WORST POSSIBLE scenario. Which is short trips only.

mborodi
04/03/2012, 04:53 PM
I argued the point on prices going up a few posts ago, because I work for a car dealer, I have the inside scoop on WHEN to buy, and when NOT to buy.. in tax return season, prices for everyone go sky high.. searching for a VX online, for sale.. you're likely to see a bunch of ranges in pricing.. that being said.. one week ago tomorrow, a nit wit teenager hit the passenger side front end of my Proton.. this am my claims adjuster came out.. (after a few "wow, I've never seen anything like this" comments about a VX.. she ran the number's that GEICO says the WORTH of my VX is.. (mind you, it's a 2000 with just a hair over 103,000 miles on it) according to the National Auto Insurance Industry, and Kelly Blue Book, for me to replace my VX with exactly what I have, they would cut me a check for $8700 bucks. Less than 6 months ago, I paid $5800 for my VX. This doesn't mean the prices on Retail are going up permanently.. but tis the season.. However, the AVERAGE VX.. goes for right around 6K.. give or take.. I've seen them at 4500.. of course, I've seen them on ebay for 12.5 starting bid.. (dream on pal)

89Vette
04/03/2012, 09:10 PM
I argued the point on prices going up a few posts ago, because I work for a car dealer, I have the inside scoop...[mine] it's a 2000 with just a hair over 103,000 miles on it) according to the National Auto Insurance Industry, and Kelly Blue Book, ....

for me to replace my VX with exactly what I have, they would cut me a check for $8700 bucks. Less than 6 months ago, I paid $5800 for my VX. This doesn't mean the prices on Retail are going up permanently.. but tis the season.. However, the AVERAGE VX.. goes for right around 6K.. give or take.. I've seen them at 4500.. of course, I've seen them on ebay for 12.5 starting bid.. (dream on pal)

OTOH, you're only familiar with your area of the country. If yours is worth $8700, I submit their are units with lower mileage (50k or less) that are worth 12.5. Maybe you can't sell one for that, but maybe someone can. I would never buy from a car dealer because I don't trust them one bit. I'd pay more from a person knowing the history of his/her car than some fast-talking salesmen.

This post isn't intended as an insult (as it seems)...more a counterpoint.

BTW...I wonder if you're familiar with the pricing for some very nice lift kits and monster mudders (for the crew that really likes to 4x4). I bring this up as another price-adder to the selling values.

89Vette
04/10/2012, 09:34 AM
OTOH, you're only familiar with your area of the country. If yours is worth $8700, I submit their are units with lower mileage (50k or less) that are worth 12.5. Maybe you can't sell one for that, but maybe someone can.

Didn't take long for someone to support my point...
http://vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=21821

$13k paid for a 60k mile VX.

:thumbup:

Ldub
10/09/2012, 06:24 AM
as I didn't go back & read the whole thread...:mbrasd:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=5&cad=rja&sqi=2&ved=0CEEQFjAE&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.tflcar.com%2F2011%2F12%2Fmode rn-collectibles-revealed-1999-2001-isuzu-vehicross%2F&ei=HiF0UIvkCua_ygHZwoG4Bg&usg=AFQjCNGaG-e6nvRyfxbpCJkmVzQYiZxggA&sig2=b5NYZYjcsrT5Ofg3SdJo6A

throathammer
10/09/2012, 07:01 AM
Its about time.. hopefully they will become like the toyota supra.. saw one local, 2000 with 80k miles at 10k