PDA

View Full Version : VX Climate Controller

hankstrange
03/19/2012, 02:40 PM
Anyone know what the original climate controller looks like?

I'm having problems with mine, everything else is working in the a/c system and it starts out blowing ice cold, then for whatever reason goes off yet the fan is still blowing, If I play with the climate controller I can sometimes get it to come back on, or it just comes back on its own while I'm driving. Lights are still working, just not kicking the a/c on. Had my mechanic look at it and he thinks the climate controller has a short or something and I need to replace. When I look at pictures of the unit from other VX's it looks different from what I've got in mine...

I'm including a pic of mine. (mine has buttons, a knob and one slider)

Any advice or knowledge of this will be much appreciated, I really need to know what Isuzu to look up for direct plug and play replacement???

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/thumbs/photo_climate_control.JPG (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=22170)

Mile High VX
03/19/2012, 03:00 PM
can't help you with the issue, but this is the factory control for the '00 - '01 model. The '99 model is different.

Others will chime in with help shortly.

hankstrange
03/19/2012, 03:08 PM
thanks, at least that's a start :)

Gussie2000
03/19/2012, 03:49 PM
It could be a faultty wire harness or relays/etc.

You may aslo test the freon to make sure it doesn't need to be recharged

hankstrange
03/19/2012, 04:11 PM
Yea the freon was checked...Its all there.

If you play with the climate controller in the vehicle its possible to get the compressor to kick on, so the short is definitely in the controller unit...

MSHardeman
03/19/2012, 04:43 PM
OK, might be a stupid question, but do you have the "Auto" button activated? If the Auto button is activated (the little green light should be lit, but yours could be burned out) AND the fan control is set to Auto, the climate control will try to keep the cabin at whatever temperature the slide is set to, and it will turn the blower fan on and off to achieve this, as well as kick the compressor on/off as necessary.

Usually when you activate the Auto button the A/C button will light up with it, but it is possible to press the A/C button to turn the A/C off, but still leave the Auto button active.

hankstrange
03/19/2012, 05:08 PM
Yep Auto button is on, and green light is on, its Florida so slider is usually on at least 75, yes I know usually when it reaches that temp the fan will ease off, however in this case its hot inside the VX, the fan is on full blast and blowing hot air...I also turn off auto and slide temp all the way to 65 and still nothing...then all of a sudden for whatever reason its starts cooling again, LOL!

Does anyone know if the Trooper climate control unit will plug into the VX???

BeeVenom
03/19/2012, 05:19 PM
Yup, your's is the same as my 01 unit. Not sure of your problem, but I bought a brand new OEM control unit off eBay a while back just to have as a spare and the price was pretty decent.

hankstrange
03/19/2012, 05:27 PM
Yup, your's is the same as my 01 unit. Not sure of your problem, but I bought a brand new OEM control unit off eBay a while back just to have as a spare and the price was pretty decent.

Cool...how did you find on ebay? I just see used ones from 99 VX or from Troopers...Do you have a link? or do you know the part number, or even have a pic of the the oem controller? That would be much appreciated, just so I can verify before I buy something.

When I look on www.isuzuparts.com they have something called: Heater control, however I can only see a schematic drawing that does not look like the whole unit, I'm not sure if it comes with the buttons or not...Its about $127 which is not bad if its the part I need. maybe I have to call them?