PDA

View Full Version : I Hate...usps.

JoFotoz
03/17/2012, 12:45 AM
So...I buy a set of (matched...built..locked )..
... 4:77 3rd members.

I'm SO happy....:p

All good...as listed..perfect...again....I'm a HAPPY BOY.

One is over 70 lbs....so it goes UPS...arrives 5 days later..GREAT...$97:00
...One is UNDER 70 lbs...so it goes United States Postal Service.
....$ 67:00

....it VANISHES...it disappears..it ????
Call USPS..
Call USPS AGAIN....
And, call USPS once more...
.....OMG.

Not happy now...:(

Anyone here work for the USPS???
I need help ...
Yes I have a tracking #
Yes it was "Confirm Delivery"
....they DONT SEEM TO CARE.
..is it insured, we'll pay.:eek:
.Insured dont cut it...
.;puke2;

Jo

vt_maverick
03/17/2012, 06:58 AM
So what does the tracking history say? Does it say it was delivered? If not, where was it when the last status was updated?

VXorado
03/17/2012, 08:26 AM
Oh no Jo!!!

How would they lose such a big, heavy item? They better find that 3rd, its not like you can easily get another one.

LittleBeast
03/17/2012, 12:02 PM
I am so sorry Jo! I was afraid of that happening :-( If it is any consolation, USPS did the same thing to me with a package of CV shafts once and a month later they found it in a damaged box somewhere in a warehouse and I finally got it weeks later.

BigSwede
03/17/2012, 01:20 PM
That sucks. Too late now, but I always use FedEx Ground for large or heavy shipments, they are cheaper than UPS or USPS. I paid considerably less than you did to ship thirds just a month ago...

Oh, and one time I bought something on eBay and it took over SIX WEEKS to arrive via USPS.

Triathlete
03/17/2012, 03:08 PM
That blows!!!! Hope they make it right and find the package.

Ldub
03/17/2012, 03:46 PM
Keep the faith...I mean, everything is SOMEWHERE...:yesgray:

JoFotoz
03/17/2012, 07:25 PM
Yea..its somewhere...:_brickwal

Tracking shows it leaving Cumming PO in Atlanta..Feb 24th...
...then it vanishes.

Its not like it fell down the back of a sorting desk/machine....:eek:

...and it not like insurance can easily replace it.

:mad:

jo

VX KAT
03/18/2012, 01:10 PM
I feel ya Jo...
When I bought my 3/4" red Crosby shackles 2 yrs ago, I received a box pretty much destroyed and it had only 2 D-rings....no pins....and a USPS note that said it broke open in transit and they're sorry, blah blah blah. OK, well, where are those 2 red pins...they're NOT small, they're NOT light...where did they go??
I figured they must have some type of "lost & found"....right?....um.....no....
Luckily the vendor offered to send me 2 more complete 3/4" shackles....:thumbup:
:_brickwal....and your item is bigger, much heavier...and not easily replaced.
Good luck, sometimes it takes a while for them to route stray orphans back to the right Post Office....maybe it will show up....

JoFotoz
03/18/2012, 01:44 PM
Thanks Kat...

Good luck, sometimes it takes a while for them to route stray orphans back to the right Post Office....maybe it will show up....

..I'm hoping!!

Still gonna bust some balls on Monday...

"Your supervisor please..."

jo

VX4EJR
03/20/2012, 07:57 AM
Not sure if this is the reason, but, I had a USPS package to be delivered to me, had a tracking number and it showed it was "delivered" on a particular date but I never actually got it. Come to find out that the mail carrier person could not physically drive up to my residence mailbox because another car was supposedly blocking it or in the way of the postal vehicle approaching the mailbox. I was informed that postal regulations require a curbside mailbox to be unobstructed to thirty feet, else no mail will be delivered at all! My problem was then why would the tracking info state the thing was "delivered" when it was not, blah blah blah.

tom4bren
03/20/2012, 01:46 PM
At this rate, the USPS will soon be able to build their own VX. I've already donated a set of seat sliders to such a noble cause. They were so appreciative that they returned the empty package to me & told me that the packaging was inadequate (even though I bought it from them).

tom4bren
03/20/2012, 01:47 PM
Thanks Kat...

..I'm hoping!!

Still gonna bust some balls on Monday...

"Your supervisor please..."

jo

That's why you should always insist on hand delivery from the vendor.:)

nfpgasmask
03/20/2012, 03:41 PM
USPS is horrible. I bought a Trooper dash from a guy on the Planet. He sent it USPS. I waited. I waited. I started getting nervous. I waited some more. Finally, I emailed the guy I bought the dash from. He replied and said he will look into it.

A few hours later, he emails back and said he called his local USPS and tried to track it via the insurance slip. They told him the box was sitting at my local post office. This is like 3 weeks after he sent it to me, mind you. Also note, that I get all my mail delivered to my UPS Store box. This way, there is always someone to accept my packages and I don't have to give strangers my home address ever. Anyway, I go down to the post office, I explain to the lady that they should have a LARGE BOX for me there. She goes in the back for a while and then appears with the box.

I ask her, "why was this not delivered?" She says, "oh, we made a delivery attempt to your apartment, didn't you get it?" I said, "first of all, I do not live in an apartment, and since when do you guys leave delivery attempt slips at UPS Store addresses? You're lying!" I was about to lay into her heavy, just as the manager overheard the conversation and came out and apologized. The manager told me, "your box got shoved into a corner and forgotten, our mistake."

Wow, a 5' tall box got shoved into a corner and got overlooked.

If you want more stories to feel better, just let me know, I can provide. I hope your box shows up soon, Jo.

Bart

Scott Harness
03/20/2012, 04:27 PM
I know it's only a magazine,but same difference.I thought my subscription had ran out a year ago.I got a notice saying just one month left.I hadn't got a mag in a year.I told the head honcho at the PO.He just giggled.I have had the same po box since 88:confused::madb:

Triathlete
03/20/2012, 04:41 PM
I have had magazines arrive that looked like they went through a shredder (luckily most publishers will replace them free)...and almost all look as if they were read by everyone at the postal service! I love those publishers that plastic wrap!

And don't get me started on airline bagage handlers!

JoFotoz
03/21/2012, 12:48 PM
GOOD NEWS.... I hope!

They have finally ( after I went "postal" on them !!)..
...found my package, albeit torn and split.

I should get it in a day or so.

FINGERS CROSSED its all OK.

jo

Vendetta
03/21/2012, 01:23 PM
Rock. The hell. On.

That is all,
-V

Ldub
03/21/2012, 06:16 PM
FINGERS CROSSED...:luck:

seve7
03/21/2012, 07:42 PM
sorry to hear about your troubles with the postal service, a lot of problems come the post office management making people work so fast so they can save money.

as in the dash that was forgotten about, most post offices have an area of shelves set up for parcels that have been left notice, say the parcel is set in a different place because it doesnt fit on the shelf, they go through the shelves everyday and write reminder notices for people to come pick their package up after it has been there a certain amount time, but if this is in a different spot this might not happen, one of the big problems though is the "left notice" slips, these things are miniature and this causes them to be lost or dropped, sometimes people dont even know they get them because they get stuck to other pieces of mail. on lost items, really, on pacels, its way under 1%, the reason the post office is so bad at tracking is because of the lack of automation on their tracking, its almost all done by hand. on something scanned delivered thats not, i can say the biggest reason that happens is the scanners are set up where when you scan an item, the delivered selection is right next to the attemped selection, with the scanners being sooo slow, they run windows on them, and us having to work so fast, we dont have time to wait on the scanner so you think you hit the right key combination and you might pick delivered and not know it.

and finally on the magazines being shredded, this is a big problem right now in the post office, this has to do with the automated sorting machines that the post office is starting to deploy. the overwhelming majority of stuff goes through fine, but depending on the cover of the magazine and the thickness of the magazine sometimes the machine decides it wants a magazine for lunch and eats it, or a large portion of it, like today i noticed about 3 or 4 covers where, i only had the cover page with the address on it, the rest of the magazine was missing.

Jolly Roger VX'er
03/21/2012, 11:20 PM
I'm afraid it's only going to get worse; my brother works @ a mail distribution site and the USPS is closing down alot of them (his has officially been closed) to supposedly consolidate them and be more efficient with the smaller load due to email & competition. He says that the remaining sites will now be over-taxed and under-staffed so people depending on medical deliverys are not going to get their prescriptions promptly and over-all service will suffer. We'll just have to see....but, if it gets worse than what you are experiencing....that's hard to fathom!

circmand
03/22/2012, 07:43 AM
The USPS is highly over staffed for the workload. The main reason it is so inneffective is Government rules that remained even when it was privitized and an out of control Government Union that protects eliminating unnecesary jobs. I have dealt with Post Offices all over the country mailing millions of packages. I have seen Post Masters that think they are god. Untrained employees that insist on doing things in a way the USPS actual doesn't allow. Refusal to listen when you give them the actual facts and where they can find it in the DMM. And an overall preference to saying no to a customer instead of working with the customer.

Y33TREKker
03/22/2012, 09:23 AM
Unfortunately, it's not just USPS. I've had a package on it's way to Canada for the last three weeks via UPS. I actually called the UPS 1-800# to ask about required customs forms before sending it on it's way, and it STILL got held up in customs limbo.

If the USPS ever sees fit to incorporate some form of international tracking I will NEVER use UPS's international services again.

JoFotoz
03/22/2012, 02:28 PM
GREAT NEWS !!

Its arrived!!!

Package is all torn and re-bound...

...but the 3rd seems all good.

PHEW!!!

Happy Boy....:clap:

jo

Mile High VX
03/22/2012, 02:30 PM
And the celebration begins...nice work getting them to get on it Jo!

Ldub
03/22/2012, 04:01 PM
GREAT NEWS !!

Its arrived!!!

Package is all torn and re-bound...

...but the 3rd seems all good.

PHEW!!!

Happy Boy....:clap:

jo

I do believe that this situation calls for multiple libations made with Rum...:thumbup:

Grats Bro...:dance:

BigSwede
03/22/2012, 10:48 PM
Excellent.

Thirds have to be packed pretty carefully to avoid destroying the box they are in.

LittleBeast
03/22/2012, 10:56 PM
Woohoo! Great news! You will love the increase in acceleration and slightly better gas mileage believe it or not :-)

I too received a package today I thought was lost. Sea Mail from Australia, took 14weeks to get here. It was sent on Dec 15, 2011 haha :-) glad it got it though. It was $220 for 2 deep tissue massagers.