PDA

View Full Version : spacers to lower differential

99vx
10/09/2003, 04:10 PM
Hello, after ripping a cv boot. I am wondering who made the spacers to lower the differential to help with correcting cv angles. I know someone in here has done it, but can not remember who?
Thanks and I just wanted to say this site rocks.;Db;

Jolly Roger VX'er
10/09/2003, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by Proton Smoke
my buddy finished the half shaft install in about 5 hours for a total of 1000.00 with the 715.00 part. the people at the dealer service center didn't seem too happy, but the hell with them. they put my new rims on today. took all day, but didn't need the truck so not a big deal. while my buddy todd had it apart he noticed that the differental can be lowered an inch and still clear the cross-member. my friend nick is going to make me some spacers to do the modification. Spaceres need to be solid steel, 1 inch thick, 1.5 inches in diameter with a .5 inch hole drilled in the center and you will need six of them. also you will need 6 1 inch longer bolts for the diff case. the inch lowering of the case will decrease the angles in the half shaft, not back to stock, but will take off about 10-15 degrees out ot it. i talked to calmini and they suggest installing their manual locking hubs 129.00 a pair, but i don't think i'm going to do it.

here is the thread:

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1570&highlight=lift+kit+bites+me