PDA

View Full Version : Detailed Mon, Flu Wed, Rear Ended Today :-(

LittleBeast
03/08/2012, 06:54 PM
So I got back in from USA Indoor National Championships, where I did not have the greatest meet and came up 5th overall :-(

So to cheer me up when I got back into town on Monday I detailed the VX after I finally got most of the interior pieces back in after sound deadening and sound proofing the whole inside of the VX.

But then yesterday I woke up with a terrible case of the Flu, but I tried to continue coaching yesterday and today even though I was obviously too sick to train the last 2 days.

So I was heading back to Awty where I coach track during the season to help their team out, after I just got done with a full day of PE coaching at a different school, and a lady completely not paying attention to traffic at all rear ended me. I saw it coming and tried to move over onto the shoulder (I was in the far left lane) but she still hit me pretty good. The tail pipe is bent inward, the license plate is shoved through the license plate holder, but surprisingly the cladding looks ok. Maybe it was the 2 coats of back to black I put on Monday night. Rear door still opens ok and nothing drags, and if you didn't own a VX you could not tell anything was wrong, but after having my VX for almost 8 years now I can tell. Here huge metal bumper did some damage. We will see what happens. She has Progressive. I just have no idea what she was doing, I did not slam on my brakes or anything, it was just normal Houston traffic slowly coming to a stop, she must have been totally distracted for me to be able to see her not stopping and try and get out of the way. I doubt she started braking more than 3-4 car lengths behind me going down a bridge, I had been only cruising at 55 then slowly made my way down to a stop, but she didn't even flinch until she was right up on me. I have 5 brake lights and one continually flashes!!!!! Blah! She felt so bad. I had my USA gear on and she asked if I was an athlete and I told her I am a professional track athlete. Blah I just wished she would've payed attention, so we could avoid all this mess.

etlsport
03/08/2012, 06:58 PM
That sucks! Sorry to hear of your rough week.. Hopefuly this gets taken care of quick and painlessly

Vendetta
03/08/2012, 07:09 PM
Beast bro, tough week man! If push comes to shove, get her mobile phone log into the record. Sounds WAY too much like a case of texting while driving.

Look, if I can help, let me know. If you've been following my scavenging thread, I have eyes on this boneyard VX with a nearly mint tailgate and a really fine rear bumper. I'm good with the yard guys at this point, so I can go to bat on pricing.

Feel better, man. You're ok after the accident I take it? The VX damage is nothing that can't be fixed.

Cheers,
-V

JoFotoz
03/08/2012, 07:20 PM
Times TWO....especially the phone record.

Beast bro, tough week man! If push comes to shove, get her mobile phone log into the record. Sounds WAY too much like a case of texting while driving.

Look, if I can help, let me know. If you've been following my scavenging thread, I have eyes on this boneyard VX with a nearly mint tailgate and a really fine rear bumper. I'm good with the yard guys at this point, so I can go to bat on pricing.

Feel better, man. You're ok after the accident I take it? The VX damage is nothing that can't be fixed.

...I have an good rear lower cladding thats spare if ya need it.

Glad youre OK.

jo

Mile High VX
03/08/2012, 07:24 PM
Hey sorry for your rough week man.

Things will get better and you're alright and that's what's important.

Triathlete
03/08/2012, 07:26 PM
Wow...that suck! The lift may have saved the beast from more damage. Hope Progressive treats you good...make sure to have everything checked out for damage.
Hope you get to feeling better...maybe your meet was a result of the flu already starting to set in then it kicked into high gear when your body was broke down.

rsteinmetz70112
03/08/2012, 07:41 PM
Sux Good Luck

Ldub
03/08/2012, 09:02 PM
Times TWO....especially the phone record.

Glad youre OK.

jo

Hey sorry for your rough week man.

Things will get better and you're alright and that's what's important.

Wow...that suck! The lift may have saved the beast from more damage. Hope Progressive treats you good...make sure to have everything checked out for damage.
Hope you get to feeling better...maybe your meet was a result of the flu already starting to set in then it kicked into high gear when your body was broke down.

DUB-ble tap on the already tapp'd sentiments...:(

Gett'r up N runn'n Ryan...:yes:

I can speak for no one other than myself...so know, that I'm pull'n for ya...:luck:

And I hope you get over the flu 2...;)

P S:...tha's why I never git Suzy detailed...:rotate:

VXorado
03/08/2012, 09:19 PM
Sorry for the bad news.

A few years ago, I had my Ford Explod-er get wreaked by a girl running a red light. She had progressive and the insurance was very quick and fair with the claim. Hopefully you get the same service and have your beast back on the road soon.

vt_maverick
03/09/2012, 04:12 AM
Sorry to hear about this, but sounds like it could have been much worse! Good luck with the repairs and let us know how we can help!

VX crazy
03/09/2012, 04:53 AM
Sorry Ryan, what a bad week for you! I detailed mine saturday for the first time in 1 1/2 yrs, dang drivers are stupid and dont pay attention!

circmand
03/09/2012, 05:12 AM
If it helps I got hit by a Progressive insured driver they treated me great. Two hours after the accident on a Sunday they called me and arranged to pay more than the covered amount for a rental car because it was FL and in season. There were some issues as the yard lost my car for a few days but they were good to work with

Gussie2000
03/09/2012, 06:17 AM
You can have your insurance company's legal crew to request a subpoena the lady's phone records,that can prove if she were on the cell at the time of the collision.

Insurance companies "HATES" or wants no part with drivers having these accidents because of cellphones.

They finance and supports many TV,radio and paper ads nationwide regearding this serious issue.

rsteinmetz70112
03/09/2012, 06:25 AM
the covered amount for a rental car
I believe the limit only applies to the insured car rental, if they have liability they have the obligation to make you whole.

subpoena the lady's phone records
I think they can only do that if there is a law suit.

I imagine they'd rather pay you than lawyers and eventually you as well.

nocturnalVX
03/09/2012, 07:00 AM
Good luck getting your VX fixed up. I'm glad the insurance co. is treating you well. :luck:

roguebrun
03/09/2012, 07:35 AM
Good excuse t rhinos liner ur cladding

vt_maverick
03/09/2012, 08:06 AM
If you can afford to pay your deductible I would just file a claim with your insurance. If the other driver was charged and you were not it won't matter anyway, your insurance will pay you and then go after the other insurance company to get their money and your deductible back. I just got my $500 deductible back the other day.

LittleBeast
03/09/2012, 08:25 AM
Thanks everybody :-) Progressive has not called me back yet but when they give me an estimate I guess I will know more about what I might need and how much money I have to get some stuff. Thanks again for the support!

Dumke
03/09/2012, 11:47 AM
Lamesauce. Glad your ok Ryan. Sucks about the Vx but hopefully it will be fixed back to a condistion that is acceptable to you.

tomdietrying
03/09/2012, 07:55 PM
Awwwwwman.....that not what I like to hear. Bright side is is your alright.
Peace.
Tom

p.s.
you still seeing you know who?

LittleBeast
03/09/2012, 09:07 PM
She is ignoring her insurance's calls..... AWESOME!!!!! :-( Come on, are you kidding me?

lasturbo
03/09/2012, 11:26 PM
Wishing ya the best Beast. Get that black beauty back on the road and get well soon!

LittleBeast
03/10/2012, 02:42 PM
She finally contacted her insurance and they will make all repairs, or write me a check for damages.

I have not really torn everything apart yet, but for now I know I will need the upper tailgate cladding. Beyond that I have no idea at the moment. Thank you once again for everyone's concern and care, it is great to be a part of the VX family :-)

Vendetta
03/10/2012, 03:31 PM
Hey Beast, so long as it's not your signature (or mine for that matter) on the check, get the whole tailgate while you're at it.

Check your PMs.
-V

LittleBeast
04/05/2012, 09:45 PM
Ok so I have been in a rental (blue Chevy Silverado) since my last update, and the VX has been sitting in the shop waiting on parts. They have somehow sourced new cladding for the rear, should be back with me on Monday.

Triathlete
04/05/2012, 10:42 PM
:)

CoastieCosta567
04/05/2012, 11:08 PM
:?: What if...There is a giant warehouse with a plethora of VX parts to go around. So great the # that they're capable of building a whole new fleet of 5K VX's, but they are not telling us, so they can have more power :_huh: . Kinda like the new animated movie "Ringo", hmmmmmm :rotate: :D Just messing

circmand
04/06/2012, 05:14 AM
Ok so I have been in a rental (blue Chevy Silverado) since my last update, and the VX has been sitting in the shop waiting on parts. They have somehow sourced new cladding for the rear, should be back with me on Monday.

Read my ordeal about hitting the deer. Until it's done don't count on it being done

89Vette
04/06/2012, 08:38 AM
I hope things work out well and you're up/running soon. Seems like you shouldn't have to pay a dime but maybe I misunderstood your comment about what you needed to get together.

Also hope the flu's gone and you have many successes with your athletic competitions!

LittleBeast
04/06/2012, 09:10 AM
By "somehow sourced new cladding", I meat they said there was 1 new bumper/rear door cladding in the US, and they ordered it last week and it came in yesterday so they will install and should be done and ready by Monday :-) I thought the same thing, I said haha you think that database is correct? We will see. Well they have the new parts in hand. I will keep the old cladding because it doesn't look too bad :-)