PDA

View Full Version : Hood latch isn't un-latching

jbregar
10/08/2003, 10:41 PM
My hood latch has recently stopped unlatching fully. I can pull the lever then go out and yank on the hood and it'll usually come loose, but it's not a defined "pop" like it used to be. I have cleaned both the latch assembly and the hook on the hood.

Thoughts?

johnnyapollo
10/09/2003, 04:45 AM
There are adjusments for the latch. You may need to adjust either the latch or the hood hinges. Was your VX hit in the front as some time? The latch usually stays put unless something has moved or the hood has been removed.

-- John

jbregar
10/09/2003, 07:45 AM
No, it's never been hit and this just started a few days ago...I'll look for the adjustments in the latch.

jb.

Dallas4u
10/09/2003, 08:32 AM
Mine does the same thing, never in an accident. I haven't really thought one way or another about it, though.

Jonnie
10/09/2003, 03:00 PM
I got tired of this same thing and fixed it this way:

There are 2 rubber bumpers on the supports that go from the radiator to the grill. Twist them counter-clockwise to give them more height which will put more pressure on the hood so the latch will release easier. You may just need to add a bit of grease to the latch also.

Jonathan

jbregar
10/10/2003, 04:08 PM
I took mine into Courtesy Isuzu in Littleton, CO for a whine in the rear axle and while they had it they fixed the hood latch issue as well. I guess my cable had stretched and finally reached a point where it didn't pull the latch anymore.

jb.

Jonnie
10/10/2003, 06:08 PM
What did they do to fix the whine?

Jonathan