PDA

View Full Version : advice on cv boots

99vx
10/08/2003, 03:16 PM
My VX has been in the shop now for 2 days because of a ripped cv boot.
They are telling me that the boot had changed in aug. of 99. Is this true or are they feeding me full of bull? Also, has anyone else changed out there cv boots? What did it cost ya? It is the inside one on drivers side off of the differential. Any help would be great.

Jonnie
10/08/2003, 07:23 PM
Don't know if there is a difference. But do you know how long the tear has been in there? It would be about worth changing the whole cv price wise. The cv should come out to change the boot. There are split boots so the cv does not have to come out, but I have not heard good things about them.

Jonathan

driver3
10/09/2003, 07:06 AM
I think phines had to replace one... they are expensive.. somwhere around 500-1000 installed I think. Someone would have to verify this. I don't think it would be impossible to do yourself... it would probably take a while, but someone here carries and extra in his off-road gear, and I would think he expects to change it on the trail if he's bringing it along, so it can't be impossible to do yourself....

just re-read your post... sorry, it's just the boot, but the install time is probably close, and I'm not sure you can just buy the boot either.

Jolly Roger VX'er
10/09/2003, 05:07 PM
here is the thread:

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1570&highlight=lift+kit+bites+me