PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!! Sometimes Won't Start

chumone
10/08/2003, 11:57 AM
Hi All,

recently started having problems starting my VX. Occasionally (say once a week), when I turn the ignition, the engine keeps cranking but doesn't start until I hit the gas pedal. I had a similar problem a few months ago where the engine would start, but very slowly and only after cranking the engine for a while. That never got fixed, so wondering if this new problem is just the old one getting worse.

I know nothing about cars, but could this be the electronic fuel injector not working correctly? or is there something else I should have the mechanic look at?

Hiss
10/08/2003, 01:15 PM
I had the same problem with my VX. Once in a while it would have to crank many times with partial throttle before it would start. Once started it ran like normal, no problems. It starterd to happen more frequently, especially after it was off for just a short period of time . I finally took it in to the dealer and they performed a fuel pressure test. They replaced the fuel pressure regulator and also the intake manifold gaskets under warrantee....... It seems fine now!

Hiss
10/08/2003, 01:24 PM
My VX only had 9800 too!:mad:

Hiss
10/08/2003, 01:39 PM
9800 miles

Freon VX
10/08/2003, 09:27 PM
I am having the EXACT same problem. Did either of you notice an overhwleming gas smell until it starts up?. Once it's running, it runs fine. Where did you go to have yours fixed? I noticed your in crestwood. I'm out in St charles.

chumone
10/09/2003, 02:50 PM
I usually notice a gas smell outside of the VX right after I start it up. Nothing inside of the cabin though.

Going to have the dealer look at the fuel pressure regulator.

Thanks for the tip!

Hiss
10/09/2003, 06:54 PM
I never really smelled an any overwhelming fumes in the cabin, the extra cranking on start up was more of an annoyance than anything else. The VX always fired right up . I had the work done @ Mancaris Isuzu of Orland . They have a really good Isuzu Tech there.

Freon VX
10/10/2003, 11:34 AM
I didnt smell it in the cabin, but with the windows open, you could smell it from outside. Sounds like the exat same problem you guys had.

Pam
10/18/2003, 03:14 PM
I just picked mine up today after leaving it with the dealer because of intermittant starting hesitation. They hooked it up to the computer and couldn't find anything wrong with it.

I'm glad to know that other people have had this problem, at least. I was beginning to think it was all in my head! And if I have to bring it in again, I can tell them about the fuel pressure regulator. I've already had the intake manifold gaskets replaced in April.

2K1 1K2
10/18/2003, 04:57 PM
hi, all. just wanted to chime in on mancari's isuzu at orland. haven't had any problems with that dealer! IMO, they're A-1! they're competent and courteous! kudos to their isuzu tech - swell guy and knowledgeable!

-jose

Hiss
10/18/2003, 08:44 PM
Mancaris Isuzu of Orland is an A1, first class dealership .... I had my chrome rims replaced ( pitting , and peeling inside rim ) under warranty too, no questions asked.;Db;

EclipseGSX
10/20/2003, 07:20 PM
I could always get the car to start, but sometimes in takes a bit of cranking. i just replaced with Optima and the car starts within seconds. For those of you you haven't replace the OEM battery, a new one may help.