PDA

View Full Version : Walker 40051 muffler?

89Vette
02/29/2012, 09:59 PM
I was perusing Summit today...looking to see what quiet "univeral" mufflers they had. For grins, I entered Isuzu to reduce the significant number of options available.

Interestingly, I found this one that has a tube similar in appearance to the connector jutting up to the rear pipe section. It also has a mounting bracket that might sit close to the VX OEM frame mount. I see a hanger too. And, the price it right!

Anyone have a thought on this muffler's interchangeability/viability with the VX?

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/WLK-40051/?rtype=10

Ldub
03/01/2012, 06:06 AM
If the shape/angle of the flange is the same...maybe...:_confused

As far as the hanger bracket is concerned, the shop I use cut the old bracket off the OEM & welded it to the new can...done!

vxfocus
05/23/2014, 12:41 PM
i just got this from summit and all the mounts are the same but the angle of the outlet flange is not the same so i was just gonna put the trooper tailpipe on i,tbut before i left to go buy the tailpipe i noticed the inlet is on the bottom of the muffler and the vx muffler has the inlet in the topside...so no go..

Gizmo42
05/24/2014, 12:34 AM
Be careful with fitment of any Walker stuff. Their "exact fit" down pipe/cat converter for my rodeo, isnt. I had to dremil out the flange bolt holes to get it to fit and the angle isnt quite right. I cant keep a gasket in it more then a couple months before it starts leaking again.