PDA

View Full Version : fuel problem

codyman3487
02/25/2012, 09:10 AM
check engine light has been on for almost a year now it says its running lean... i changed the fuel pump fuel filter the fuel strainer checked the mass air flow sensor its ok check the injectors there ok what else am i missing please help thanks

Ldub
02/25/2012, 09:56 AM
Prolly intake gaskets...:_wrench:

Or other un metered air entering through cracked/loose vacuum lines etc.

Get out there under the hood with a can of starting fluid (ether) or other VERY flammable spray can (carb cleaner being another), & spray here & there around the engine...like under the intake, by the injectors, etc.

Listen for an increase in idle speed.

:luck:, & be careful playing with flammable stuff...:yesgray:

fildigger
02/25/2012, 10:28 AM
Good call with the easy start fluid sprayed around both intake manifolds (they are prone to letting go!!!)

I assume you have had it on the Diag' tool ?...why leave it for a year?..guess it can't be to bad if it is still running acceptably for you....although running lean is never a wise thing for long term reliability :(

Y33TREKker
02/25/2012, 11:36 AM
what else am i missing please help thanks
Fuel pressure regulator? It's relatively cheap and easy enough to replace anyway, so that might be worth a try too.

samneil2000
02/25/2012, 12:48 PM
You say you checked the mass airflow sensor. How did you check it? Mine was running lean and I fixed it by pulling the MA sensor and spraying it thoroughly with MAF cleaner on both sides. Just a thought.