PDA

View Full Version : exhaust

lenny
10/08/2003, 08:34 AM
hi all

what would any one sugest for my exhaust i would like a little more rumble from it and maybe little more go, i live in uk so im limited to havein a one off made and that cost loads

thanks

Dallas4u
10/08/2003, 08:38 AM
Well, you can buy a Power Vault muffler, which happens to be custom made for the VX, and have it shipped to the UK.

VX-KING
10/08/2003, 01:42 PM
Go with dual exhaust flowmasters mufflers with 2/1/2" pipe and also witha custom headers and bot on turbo system that runs though the headers to the mufflers. and you will FLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY your @SSS off

VehiX
10/08/2003, 02:08 PM
Go for the PV, designed for the VX and dyno tested!!!

VX-KING , do you have a dyno chart to show the gains that will allow one to fly there ***** off in the VX with that set up?

I would imagine a loss of horse power with that set up due to back pressure. No doubt it looks cool but not too sure about the gains from that set up.

:)

hchen
10/08/2003, 03:02 PM
no actually VX-King is right, you will rip it. he said to get the dual exhaust as well as the turbo kit like that guy in japan has...dont forget the 3 inch piping too VX-King. now that will be sick. turbocharged VX dual exhaust

WormGod
10/08/2003, 05:21 PM
The Mooncraft turbo kit is custom made by his racing team, if I am correct. Totally fabbed for HIS VX. I am sure that for the right price, he would be willing to mod you one, as well as his sweet cladding kit. Of course, if the cladding kit ran $5k, as it was stated, the turbo kit won't exactly be a penny from the ashtray either. ;)

I plan on going dual exhaust here as soon as I get off my butt and take my VX to my brother to do. No hp gain, and as I heard from others here, there may actually be an extremely slight loss in hp. Correct me if I am wrong, but I do believe that is what I heard. :confused:

Cyrk
10/08/2003, 05:27 PM
From Bax, back in the day when he put on his dual:

OK gang, here's the final poop on dual exhaust for the VX. The Flowmaster muffler was WAY too loud and was replaced by an MSL Max. The two 2.00" pipes terminate with 3.5" Bullet stainless tips. If you're going to do it, do for the looks, because performance increases are modest. After removing the restrictive airbox elbow but with stock exhaust, six full-throttle, power-braked launches to 60 averaged 9.08 (yeah, I know Car & Driver said 8.8, but they don't make the car payments). With dual exhaust, the average of six was 8.90, a gain of less than two tenths. The sound is more agressive, but not obnoxious, and has a Porsche 911-like resonance. despite the lack of significant performance gain, I'm happy with the improved look and sound.

Hotsauce
10/08/2003, 05:52 PM
turbo the VX? good luck. The Mooncraft setup is a joke, almost a lesson in how NOT to setup a turbo and IC.

The supercharger works well, despite the initial misrepresentation on the warranty. Once you decide you need more power than that you better start thinking about how you are going to shift it, because the blown VX is close to the torque limits of the transmission as it is.

I know well what it is to have a car where every 3k miles you change the oil, clutch, and redbuild the tranny as routine maintenence. It gets tired afer the first few times.

John C.

VehiX
10/08/2003, 06:25 PM
This topic reminds me that we all should revisit the possibilities of improving the VX engine performance. No one here has done anything like bore throttle bodies increase the diameter in the intake runners, tried different turbo set ups, meaning the size of the intercooler parts and the turbo itself along with tubing and routing.

I have seen people in the past with previous vehicles that had a bunch of nay sayers only to be proven wrong with time patience and a few extra pennies. There is only one turbo charged VX out there that we know of and we are basing all of our opinions based off of this one vehicle!

Who's to say they're mechanics and engineers where the best at turboing the isuzu 3.5 L V6.

I strongly feel that with torque converters, different turbo set ups, boring intake runners etc. etc. that we can find a whole other realm to this V6 we have under the hoods.

The VX is too new, pricey and rare for folks to take the plunge and go for it, To try what others have not, I think we'd be surprised how far we could go!

Anyway, sorry to get off topic

:)

VX-KING
10/09/2003, 10:05 AM
Yesterday 04:42 PM

VehiX
Super Charged VXer

99' Astral Silver
LETS GO RED SOX.....
Joined Jun 2002
180 Posts Post# 4
Go for the PV, designed for the VX and dyno tested!!!

VX-KING , do you have a dyno chart to show the gains that will allow one to fly there ***** off in the VX with that set up?

No, you see guys, you dont think crazy like me and when i mind bolt on turbo. I order form HOT SHOTand order a bolt on turbo for a chevy cuz the isuzu engine are just the same as a chevy (v-6) and if you dont believe me well ask a mechanic that is a expert on chevy engines. And no i dont have a chart for the flowmaster but it is true that flowmaster mufflers are #1 in the united states so thats why i went with flowmasters and i always have use flowmasters for my muscle cars.

:cool: :cool:

Cyrk
10/09/2003, 10:08 AM
VX-KING, your so silly.

Dallas4u
10/09/2003, 10:25 AM
VX-KING - if you don't mind me asking, how do you find the money to do all of these mods to your VX, being that you just turned 19 and all?

Just wondering. Please don't take offense as I'm just wondering. At 19 I was working my arse off, not making any money, just partying too much.

VX-KING
10/09/2003, 10:42 AM
Yes im am 19 years old and i been during custom prodjects for at least 2-1/2 years now and im also a member of PBA and been bowling for 10n years know and my father owns a janitorial company and landscaping, construction, and auto detailing business and he had these business for about 17 or 18 years know but not to shure and i dont like to party to much cuz it can get you in to trouble

Dallas 4U you said that when you were 19, just partying too much. thats why i saved my money cuz you dont get no wheres by parting. DO U

AlaskaVX
10/09/2003, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by VX-KING
thats why i saved my money cuz you dont get no wheres by parting. DO U
I did :supercool :)

VX-KING
10/09/2003, 10:55 AM
AlaskaVX
Super Charged VXer

'01 Ironman
Anchorage, Alaska
Joined Dec 2002
428 Posts Re: Well Post# 14

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
thats why i saved my money cuz you dont get no wheres by parting. DO U
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I did

did what

Dallas4u
10/09/2003, 11:50 AM
Dallas 4U you said that when you were 19, just partying too much. thats why i saved my money cuz you dont get no wheres by parting. DO U

I don't get anywhere by paying $2/gal for gas, eating pizza, staring at the wall, drinking beer, or really even modding my VX. It's just what I want to do. Partying when your young doesn't mean looting, turning over police cars, breaking into places, doing crack, or whatever. My partying was drinking beer, going to parties, and just having fun. I'm glad you saved your money and all, so you can get somewhere with your VX, but I don't feel like you or anyone else has gotten any further than me in life, just from not partying.

My question wasn't a personal attack on you, just a question. Modding my VX really doesn't get me anywhere either... it makes me happy, and may impress some people, but it doesn't make me a better person or any healthier for doing so.

paultvx
10/09/2003, 12:58 PM
Saved it up... right. Funny. I saved... where did it go? oh that's right, Iraqi freedom. Phew I feel much better now. I would've blown that money on something stupid, like car stuff.

Adam, you're such a party animal. C'mon, just admit it.

AlaskaVX
10/09/2003, 01:18 PM
did what
I got somewhere, and even learned how to spell on the way ;)

WormGod
10/09/2003, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by AlaskaVX
I did :supercool :)

Geez, I still do. Trying to live like a rockstar is hard on a wallet, your sleeping schedule, and you go through more women than Ellen Dejeneres.

Save your money for you VX while you can, cause I find that when I party too much or decide to keep a woman onboard the ship of LIFE, I run out of miney for my metal and leather love machine. ;)

Anita
10/09/2003, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by WormGod
...when I party too much or decide to keep a woman onboard the ship of LIFE, I run out of miney for my metal and leather love machine. ;)

Ahhhh, we dont expect much.... :naughty:

On the other hand, can you imagine what the spouses or b/f's of us female VX owners have to do to top what we already have? :flame:

AlaskaVX
10/09/2003, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by WormGod
Geez, I still do. Trying to live like a rockstar is hard on a wallet, your sleeping schedule, and you go through more women than Ellen Dejeneres.
Ahh but I don't try, I am a rockstar! I just haven't quit my day job (yet) ;)

paultvx
10/09/2003, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by Anita
On the other hand, can you imagine what the spouses or b/f's of us female VX owners have to do to top what we already have? :flame:

Well, no money no honey... so that pretty much takes care of that problem. Heck... no VX either. Going bye bye in a week or two. *sniff* Divorce is always hard on the heart.

Anita
10/09/2003, 01:54 PM
Paul, I am truly sorry to hear that.

AlaskaVX
10/09/2003, 02:03 PM
Bummer bro.... well, look at the bright side, your single again! Party like a rockstar! :dance: Cheer up bud, life goes on....:yesg:

Dallas4u
10/09/2003, 02:23 PM
But don't party too hard, because it doesn't get you anywhere.

Bantan
10/09/2003, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by Dallas4u
But don't party too hard, because it doesn't get you anywhere.

I was trying to figure out why I'm not a Millionaire yet. Its because of these wild & crazy parties I go to after work.
Thanks gang for being my shrink!
Wow look! saved me alot in therapy already:laugho:
Just 1 more party, Please!

Dallas4u
10/09/2003, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by Bantan
I was trying to figure out why I'm not a Millionaire yet. Its because of these wild & crazy parties I go to after work.
Thanks gang for being my shrink!
Wow look! saved me alot in therapy already:laugho:
Just 1 more party, Please!

You fiend!

Jolly Roger VX'er
10/09/2003, 03:40 PM
Parting like a phat catt getts ya know-wear mann...teyking a VX to da maxx wid mods iz wear itz @ mann....I goin 2 twinn turboe charrge & Supra charrge myne 2nite! Myte evin Dino charrge it 2 coz datz wear itz @ mann! itz goin 2 B faz...fazster dan all of U guyze's VX'zz 'coz I spaire knoe xx-pence on doin myne phirst clazz allah da wey!

Hearz my #'z afta dino-ing VX wid MegaMazzster Muff's........
18.....23...........29............................ ........32..33....

stok id hadd #'z afta dino-ing:

11.....15..........18.7........................... .......25...26.2...

MegaMazzster Muff's roole!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
dey r da catz meow cozz dey'l mak ur VX-king & purr lika kithchen!

:rolleyes: sound like anybody we know?

Anita
10/09/2003, 03:49 PM
AH - HAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm a Manager for musical artists... staying up all night partying and listening to loud live music with little sleep to find the next great rapper of spoken word...

Let me sign you up.. you got talent boy!! :razb2:

(At least you have talent enough to own a great truck!
Be careful about the MegaMazz comment ;eekr; )

You know at some point the mods will have to delete this whole thread of non VX talk.....say what you'll say and prepare for oblivion.

AlaskaVX
10/09/2003, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by Jolly Roger VX'er
Muffs roole!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
LOL
Now datz what i tak'n aboot ;)

paultvx
10/09/2003, 11:33 PM
Anita, thanks. :) And sorry about sparring with ya a bit before... Authority just brings out the rebel in me.

All is not lost... I went all the way up to Seattle this afternoon and got me a new lady. A '91 Eagle Talon TSi AWD with 82k miles. Got a great deal too. Put my foot down, drew a line in the sand and dealer said "okie dokie".

Ahhhh... no more car payments. I feel free... almost.