PDA

View Full Version : Harrisonburg, VA - Need a visual

tomdietrying
02/19/2012, 04:39 PM
Well, I missed out on a beauty in Dallas this week. My search continues for a Commander Overland. The good news. I think I may have found another one. The problem. It's in Harrisonburg, VA. Anyone on the board near Harrisonburg, VA? I found a sweet looking Commander, but I'm here in Texas. If someone could check out this vehicle, I would really appreciate it. Here's the kicker, this dealer has a sweet looking dark green VX too! Looks really good. It even comes with a roof rack.

Here's the website http://www.selectautosalesofva.com Go to inventory, look under SUV, the VX is the 2nd vehicle on the first page. The Commander is the 2nd vehicle on the second page.

Peace.
Tom

vt_maverick
02/19/2012, 09:33 PM
Let me check with the missus. Good news is I'll be passing about 35 miles from there on a business trip later this week. Bad news is I'll have the kids and dog in tow.

I'll let you know.

Mile High VX
02/20/2012, 09:24 AM
If you go be sure to check out the Dragon Green Mica VX that they have as well....:bwgy::smilewink:bgwo::bgwb:

atilla_the_fun
02/20/2012, 09:35 AM
Is it just luck that they have a VX, or a sign?

tomdietrying
02/20/2012, 04:40 PM
Thanks vt_maverick. That would be cool if it could fit in your schedule.:happyface
Peace.
Tom

Gussie2000
02/20/2012, 06:23 PM
And it comes with a 3.0L V6 ;)

tomdietrying
02/25/2012, 07:09 AM
vt_maverick,
I sent you a PM.
Peace.
Tom

vt_maverick
02/27/2012, 06:05 AM
Hey Tom - didn't get your PM, are you sure you sent it? Note I'm vt_maverick, not Maverick - there's someone registered under that name as well.

I can't take a look at it tomorrow as I had hoped, I have to work until late that afternoon and then drive 5 hours home with the wife, kids, and dog. I should be passing by Harrisonburg on March 23rd if it's around that long. If I get a chance to go by sooner I'll let you know.

tomdietrying
02/27/2012, 06:39 PM
vt_maverick,

I thought I sent it. I think I might be filled up, and it didn't go through. Well, basically if you could do it I wanted you to check out a few things for me. I've seen your post on the boards, so I value your opinion.

I know you're not a mechanic, neither am I, so your opinion is just as good as mine. What I was really concerned with is the 4WL. I wanted you to see if it goes in and out smooth. Some Commanders clunck when you shift it, others don't. Our VX cluncks, but that's expected with our VX. The Commander shouldn't do that. I also wanted you to check the mpg. I think it's in the computer of the vehicle. You have to click a few buttons to see what it has been averaging. I get 14-15 average. I can do that. I don't think I could do 9 or 10 mpg. Last, there is supposed to be a a very small dent on the right side of the hood. The dealer says most people won't even notice it. Basically, if you think it's a sound vehicle, I was going to start moving on it.

I would send you a 50 spot for your time and opinion.

If it's still there on March 23rd, yeah that would be great!

I appreciate it!

Tom

vt_maverick
02/27/2012, 08:01 PM
Sounds good, I will let you know!