PDA

View Full Version : licence plate light fuse

maxprime
02/19/2012, 03:09 PM
My plate light got water in it and blew the fuse, anyone know where it is located at? I did a forum search. But, couldn't find anything.

Thanks in advance.

deermagnet
02/19/2012, 04:26 PM
I just checked the manual. All the parking lights, marker lights, taillights, and license lights get power from the same place, the taillight relay. If those other lights work, then the water probably caused the license light socket contacts to rust.

The fuse for the taillight relay is in the box on the left side of the dash.

Mark

maxprime
02/19/2012, 04:39 PM
hmm, all the other lights work, only the plate lights don't. Guess i'll pull the fuse from the other vx and see what happens.

maxprime
02/19/2012, 08:57 PM
Well, I checked the fuse in my 99 and it did take out all the lights. So, I checked the 2000 and all the lights work but, the plate lights. I wonder if there is a fusable link somewhere?

Ldub
02/19/2012, 09:02 PM
If those other lights work, then the water probably caused the license light socket contacts to rust.
Mark

Have you checked the bulbs/sockets...:confused:

maxprime
02/19/2012, 10:09 PM
yes,I notice that I have no power at the white plug connector in the gate.

etlsport
02/20/2012, 09:50 AM
Does your defroster work? I chased wires and bulbs all over when my plate lights stopped working. Integrally I noticed the defroster stopped too. Turns out there is a plug in the jack storage,compartment that came loose.