PDA

View Full Version : Site upgrade going well

Moncha
02/03/2012, 10:37 AM
I've had a test site up and have been testing the new upgrade and modifications for some time now.

I will be selecting a few users as beta testers and am hoping to have the upgrade rolled out at the end of this month.

I will announce the roll out ahead of time as it will take the better part of a day to make the upgrade and have all items in place. There are a lot of customizations that have to attended to. I've been rehearsing the whole deal with copious notes so as to eliminate as much down time as possible.

I will also announce for the most part, the changes that will occur so as to eliminate the shock of not finding the old features or having to figure out the new ones. There will be extensive changes to the "Site Contribution" idea that will hopefully satisfy most everyone.

More to come.....

Ldub
02/03/2012, 12:44 PM
:thumbup:..:smack:..:thanx:..:thumbup:

JAMAS
02/03/2012, 02:00 PM
Thanks!....Can't wait to see the changes

VXorado
02/03/2012, 02:05 PM
Sounds exciting :thumbup:

deermagnet
02/03/2012, 02:41 PM
Being the ever curious searcher that I am, I actually found the new layout site by accident late last year. I was just there a few minutes ago and it allows me to log in with my current info just fine. However, it shows me as a Super VXer, not a Silver Supporter. I don't like the sound of that at all. :p

The vB 4.0 looks like it has a bunch of exciting features. I've wanted the ability to imbed YouTube vids here for a long time. It looks like we'll have that luxury coming soon.

Anyway, take your time and roll it out only when you're 100% ready.

Thanks, Scott.

Mark Griffin (a VX lifer) :_steering

deermagnet
02/03/2012, 03:08 PM
I just tried the video embed deal over there and it works great! It's not just YouTube, a bunch of other vid sites will work also. The viewing screen is LARGE. A nice feature that's long overdue here. :yesy:

http://www.drivehq.com/file/df.aspx/publish/mgpa/imgs/vx3/vidembed.jpg

That's the actual size the vids will show. :eek:

Mark

Vendetta
02/03/2012, 03:09 PM
^^^
Now Moncha's gonna see a ton of 404s in his server logs with everyone trying to find the newsite. :bwgy:

Patience is a virtue, remembah?
-V

Moncha
02/03/2012, 06:19 PM
Please, don't do anything on that site if you were able to find it. I can't keep up with any errors from outside sources yet. I'll announce the testing when ready but, only to a few. If you do know the url, please don't disclose it.

Thanks!

deermagnet
02/03/2012, 06:26 PM
OK, Scott. I won't log in over there again until you're ready. The URL is safe with me. It'll be our secret. My video embed test did go quite well though. I like that feature. :yesy:

Mark

Moncha
02/03/2012, 07:14 PM
Me too, it will be better too as I'm tweaking the feature

joshi
02/07/2012, 09:27 AM
Can be a nice addition to this site some kind of forum reader plugin :-) for mobile devices.
http://www.tapatalk.com/
or
http://forumrunner.net/
there is a few more out there :)

SilverBullet75
02/07/2012, 12:33 PM
Hi Scott!
Long time no talk!

Just wanted to second the request for Tapatalk.
I use it all the time on other forums.
It would be awesome to have here.
Thanks!
---JIM---