PDA

View Full Version : I Love This Truck.....

crager34
01/20/2012, 03:09 PM
....again.

A few more inches of snow here in the almost great white north (it's been awhile since I have been in a real winter place) and...... Love love love.

Just saying.

deermagnet
01/20/2012, 03:36 PM
Nice! That same storm is moving east and will give us ~6" by midday tomorrow. I'll take it, it's a start. However, it's gonna be 45° with rain on Mon and above freezing every day next week. :mad:

It has been feeling a bit more like winter lately and I even have the sniffles. ;Dy;

I still have hope for a wintry Feb. :yesy:

Mark

nocturnalVX
01/20/2012, 03:48 PM
Cecilia took my VX to work today. We are having the first big snowfall of the year, and (though she was an hour late due to traffic) she made it even though she did not see one single plow out there. Also, she used my VX & tow strap to get someone unstuck as soon as she got there. The VehiCROSS ROCKS!

p_justin13
01/20/2012, 04:15 PM
Best part is being able to take all the back roads no one will drive on because of being unplowed. Made it from downers grove back to Yorkville in like a half hour. Was almost regretting the larger gas guzzling tire purchase but...... It's like a damn snowmobile!!! lol

rowhard
01/21/2012, 09:06 AM
....again.

A few more inches of snow here in the almost great white north (it's been awhile since I have been in a real winter place) and...... Love love love.

Just saying.

been awhile too for me since I left Michigan in 68. The past week here in Olympia WA reminded me WHY I left it. Was dragging my VX's belly in the snow getting out of my driveway....Hate Hate Hate

but I got out with no problem:)

eblank
01/21/2012, 03:00 PM
with my huge tires my truck is definitely not what I'd call "good" in snow as far as handling, but sure is fun and can get through the heavy stuff no prob. Plus as of 2am this morning I found it works great for pulling people/sleds with the tow rope :yesy:

Cobrajet
01/21/2012, 07:45 PM
I took my VX out today through 6 inches of snow! There was almost 18 inches of snow in front of the VX where I parked to buy groceries. I was sceered the whole time. ;eeky; The VX handled it like a very competent rally car! I'm so happy.

(Note: all measurements were in length/width, not depth!)

Gussie2000
01/22/2012, 09:30 AM
I love how the TOD lights blinks as soon as some sliping wheel is detected.

Last year i pulled one of my neighbor's honda accord after the big snowfall we had here in NYC that actually paralized the entire city
She was reluctant about my horse capable of pulling "ANYTHING' out of the snow because of its size
Ladies always concern about size LOL

After getting her car out she say : OK,now you got my attention !!!! What it is that call ?

Chopper
01/23/2012, 03:38 AM
I love how the TOD lights blinks as soon as some sliping wheel is detected.

Last year i pulled one of my neighbor's honda accord after the big snowfall we had here in NYC that actually paralized the entire city
She was reluctant about my horse capable of pulling "ANYTHING' out of the snow because of its size
Ladies always concern about size LOL

After getting her car out she say : OK,now you got my attention !!!! What it is that call ?

"The Panty Dropper"
:bgwo:

Ldub
01/23/2012, 06:15 AM
I took my VX out today through 6 inches of snow! There was almost 18 inches of snow in front of the VX where I parked to buy groceries. I was sceered the whole time. ;eeky; The VX handled it like a very competent rally car! I'm so happy.

Me too...:dance:

Was out yesterday on the virginal, not yet plowed streets of the industrial area where the shop is...:_steering

Oh what fun, it is to ride, in a VX on white days...hey!

No traffic on Sundays = fun drifting through turns.

Bee Sting
01/23/2012, 07:08 AM
Four rooster tails of snow coming off the tires as I went down the street just a little bit sideways this morning

PA-99
01/23/2012, 10:51 AM
Driving around on bad roads adds another level of enjoyment to the drive that incredible machine. I was giggling like a school girl the first time I had mine out in some real snow.

Breezy
01/24/2012, 06:18 AM
I'm loving our snow too. We got over a foot yesterday and it hasn't stopped snowing yet. But, whilst watching my ScanGaugeII, I noticed that I'M AVERAGING LIKE 5 MPG!!!!!!!!!!! It's okay though. Lots and lots of ridiculously steep hills here in the Keweenaw. And I didn't buy the VX for great fuel economy lol.

A brighter note.....I paid it off this morning! :) Praise God!

Ldub
01/24/2012, 06:25 AM
I'm loving our snow too. We got over a foot yesterday and it hasn't stopped snowing yet. But, whilst watching my ScanGaugeII, I noticed that I'M AVERAGING LIKE 5 MPG!!!!!!!!!!! It's okay though. Lots and lots of ridiculously steep hills here in the Keweenaw. And I didn't buy the VX for great fuel economy lol.

A brighter note.....I paid it off this morning! :) Praise God!

Grats on the payoff...:dance:

Gotta love the mileage that winter blend fuel provides...:upsetgray

JAMAS
01/24/2012, 11:09 AM
I'm jealous......My town has been void of snow this year.

SilverBullet75
01/24/2012, 11:25 AM
... Snow... what is that?

Ldub
01/24/2012, 06:48 PM
I'm jealous......My town has been void of snow this year.

... Snow... what is that?

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/00_APRIL_6_SNOW.JPG

djvx
01/24/2012, 08:17 PM
with my huge tires my truck is definitely not what I'd call "good" in snow as far as handling, but sure is fun and can get through the heavy stuff no prob. Plus as of 2am this morning I found it works great for pulling people/sleds with the tow rope :yesy:

Just about all melted again, hey are you in Oconomowoc or not? Lets get together on the next snowstorm and terrorize some roads!

PA-99
01/25/2012, 06:58 AM
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/medium/photo10.JPG