PDA

View Full Version : Bad news / Good News

Buffy
01/16/2012, 04:53 PM
Well the bad news is I had Ashley's VX checked out today and the frame is just too badly damaged to justfy to cost of fixing it. Kind of bummed because I was wanting a diesel 5 speed VX. :(

The good news is I now have a cache of VX parts that need a new home. I plan on going down Ashley's previous parts thread and contact the requestor to see if they are still interested in the requested part. The seats, door panels, console and steering wheel are all spoken for. They are being traded for custom bumpers for my Trooper.

Feel free to PM me questions. I may start a parts thread here soon. So let the part fest begin!

Vendetta
01/16/2012, 04:57 PM
Dibs on the Nerf bar brackets! :)

mantis465
01/16/2012, 05:08 PM
here is my list from original thread

- would really like a set of factory shocks
- screw cover for tweeter panel
- sun-visors
- cargo net hook
- rear seat head rests
- dash harness
- winter button
- circular light that goes in bumper
- e-brake cables
- front drivers side fender liner
- one of the white clips that hold jack accessories in place
- hood insulator and clips
- ROCKER panels
- OEM floor mats !!!!
- right and left front window run channels!!!
- left and right door lock actuators
- antenna
- exhaust from manifolds back (cat section, muffler and tailpipe)
- rear license plate light bracket
- number 11 and 9 in pic (i am guessing the driver side ones will still be good?) from http://www.stcharlesautoparts.com/ under the following menus
BODY HARDWARE / FRONT BUMPER / BUMPER & COMPONENTS

i am sure i am forgetting a few things but thats enough for know

VXorado
01/16/2012, 05:24 PM
I'm still interested in the headlight especially if its broken & cheap :). It would be for a project.

Buffy
01/16/2012, 05:57 PM
I'm still interested in the headlight especially if its broken & cheap :). It would be for a project.

I think we can work that out! I noticed water is getting into it but the lense itself looks great.

Buffy
01/16/2012, 05:58 PM

- sun-visors
- cargo net hook
- rear seat head rests
- dash harness
- winter button
- e-brake cables
- ROCKER panels
- OEM floor mats !!!!
- antenna
- number 11 and 9 in pic (i am guessing the driver side ones will still be good?) from http://www.stcharlesautoparts.com/ under the following menus

I will be working through the list pretty quickly. Some of the items you are the first to request but some are not. I will get on this ASAP!

Buffy
01/16/2012, 05:59 PM
Dibs on the Nerf bar brackets! :)

There aren't any nerf bars on there anymore..... unless I've overlooked them.

Mile High VX
01/16/2012, 06:18 PM
There aren't any nerf bars on there anymore..... unless I've overlooked them.

Pretty sure Ashley moved these over to his new 5 speed ride...:smilewink:bgwo::bgwb::bwgy:

vt_maverick
01/16/2012, 08:40 PM
Sorry to hear that Greg, I was really hoping she might get another lease on life. The frame buckle was pretty severe though, taking a look at it again yesterday reminded me just how lucky we were not to be injured in the accident...

tom4bren
01/17/2012, 04:31 AM
Buffy,

I'm interested in the rear door shell. I won't be needing any of the cladding or ancilliary items. I'd prolly drive down to pick it up. No rush though, just keep me on the list.

Tom

circmand
01/17/2012, 07:11 AM
The plastic engine cover plate with sponge pieces that hold it in, The clip that holds the hood prop, The Lock mechanism on the drivers door, Also several pieces of cladding if they are in good shape, windshield wipers if in good shape as well.

yellowgizmo99
01/17/2012, 09:29 AM
If Tom gets the rear door, I would take the cladding part that he doesn't want.
Billy

PittVXr
01/17/2012, 04:17 PM
Locking fuel door please.

Mile High VX
01/17/2012, 04:24 PM
Still interested in all of my original request...thanks.

Buffy
01/17/2012, 04:35 PM
OK guys here is where I am at. I went through Ashley's original list and put all requests in a spread sheet. I enlisted Sue (VX Kat) to help me establish a baseline for some prices. I have no idea what to ask for these parts but I am all about giving my fellow VXers a good deal but at the same time help me out since I will be doing the pulling and boxing, etc. In some cases shipping will be free but on the larger items we can work something out, especially if we are talking shipping to Canada. So here's the deal, below is the list in order of who asked for what and a general going price that Sue helped out with. Make me an offer on what you want, let's talk so everyone can be happy. Just email me your offers to studdard07@yahoo.com (that is the number zero).

Ron locking gas cap Ebay for about $50
Ron main dash bezel Seen on ebay for $75
Breezy spare tire screws They sell for about $4 NEW from Merlin but they're worth more to most people…I'd say $10-$15 each
fultonix transfer case $800+
fultonix fan controller for inside fan ?
moncha back spare tire cover $75 -$100
RazorbackBen driverside rear side marker lense/ light $10-$15
Hybrid1098 abs sensors I paid $85 from a salvage yard for ONE front sensor
Hybrid1098 half shafts ?
Hybrid1098 drive shafts ?
bearandbee ash tray $15
bearandbee cladding screws Some have given these away, some charged $5-$10
bearandbee rims/hub cap covers ?
bearandbee suspension parts ?
Moonrover foam pad that is attached to the drivers side firewall behind the pedals
Mile High VX rubber stoppers for doors The little black rubber stoppers….maybe $5
dietzvcross abs sensors I paid $85 from a salvage yard for ONE front sensor
dietzvcross original muffler $25 + shipping (that's what Ijustpaid for Bob Barker's)
atilla the fun window regulators New sells for about $70, probably ask $45
Scott Larson 2 factory rims $75-$100 if in good shape, $75 if decent
Vxorado driver side head lamp $120 - $160
ivx floor mats $50+
Meow Mix dome light $10-$15
Meow Mix fuzzy hole $10 - $15
Meow Mix dash bezel $100 - $125 on ebay
Meow Mix gas cap $50 on ebay for locking cap
Skydoo rear seat clamp The nylon strap thing with metal clamp? $10- $15
iott2551 antenna $15
mantis silver trim piece for cd player $15
mantis screw cover for tweeter $15 - $20
mantis sun visors $15 - $20
mantis winter switch $40 on ebay
mantis front marker light Which one? Front clear round lens below headlight or triangle shaped amber lens on front fenders?
mantis ebrake cables ?
mantis driver side inner fender $20
mantis white clip that holds jack in place $5
mantis front seat bolt cover $5
mantis rocker panels ?
mantis hood insulator and clips ?
mantis front diff hanger bushings ?
mantis driver and passenger window tracks Rubber "glass run" gasket….new are $65, used $40
Mile High VX guide arm and assembly for rear door ?
vxpac passenger tail lamp $120 ( BTW, I just sold her my brand new one, so she won't be needing this one)
vxpac headliner ?
vxpac driver side inside door handle The little square one that you PULL to OPEN door, or longer one with grab handle and electronic window buttons
Grab one w/o electronics is $65 NEW.
Hybrid1098 rear cladding Rear BUMPER cladding only -seen them for $300-$400, if rear DOOR cladding, that's extra.
IndianaVX driver side door hinge $40
H3 VX cargo net mounts $15 - $20 for both
Mile High VX driver side door seal $40-$50
wekilled door cladding $50 - $70
pa-99 spare tire cover $75 -$100 for the OEM cover, not the modified cargo box Mav had built, same as #6
theultamateman passenger window I think JoFotoz paid about $100 or so
theultamateman passenger exterior door handle $15 - $20
hide rear bumper $300-$400
hide rear driver side quarter panel ?
hide rear driverside marker light $5-$10 if little round red marker lens
jhigareda motor ?
BPDitty cruise box, inside ?
ojmag driver side wiper arm $10 - $15
tom4bren rear door shell $300

vt_maverick
01/17/2012, 06:35 PM
A few notes to help out Greg...

bearandbee ash tray $15 - Does this mean the dash or rear console ash tray? I think I forgot to throw the rear ash tray back in the VX, so if someone wants that one you can pay Greg and I'll ship it out.
bearandbee suspension parts ? - The rear springs, spring isolators, front bumpstops, and rear bump stops (I think) are still there, but the OEM shocks are gone (my new VX had TERRIBLE aftermarket shocks that I had to replace).
ivx floor mats $50+ - Greg I forgot to throw the OEM floor mats in the back of the VX. We can do the same thing here though (they pay you and I'll ship them out).
mantis front marker light Which one? Front clear round lens below headlight or triangle shaped amber lens on front fenders? - Greg I tried to pull the fog lamp but couldn't get it out - you may have to sawzall the front bumper to get it out. I also still have the driver's side triangular fender lens in the garage. Same deal here as above, I can ship for you if needed. (Btw, the driver's side front fender marker was destroyed in the accident.)
Hybrid1098 rear cladding Rear BUMPER cladding only -seen them for $300-$400, if rear DOOR cladding, that's extra. - FYI the rear lower cladding has been cut for the Tone hitch in case that's a deal breaker for anyone.

Happy hunting guys!

vt_maverick
01/18/2012, 03:29 AM
Greg - Can you put me down for the factory airbox? Like I said on Sunday mine has a hole in it from the accident last year (the shop couldn't find one for whatever reason so I had them just write me a check for the part) so I could definitely use it.

mantis465
01/18/2012, 04:08 AM

- sun-visors
- cargo net hook
- rear seat head rests
- dash harness
- winter button
- e-brake cables
- ROCKER panels
- OEM floor mats !!!!
- antenna
- rear license plate light bracket

hey buffy i think u must be going off my old list from mav's original post the one i have posted here is updated.. added a few things and removed a few i have tracked down already... if u could give me prices on the rest of the stuff that would be great
thanks again

Buffy
01/18/2012, 05:03 AM
Greg - Can you put me down for the factory airbox? Like I said on Sunday mine has a hole in it from the accident last year (the shop couldn't find one for whatever reason so I had them just write me a check for the part) so I could definitely use it.

Got ya covered! Thanks for the reminder.