PDA

View Full Version : Window binding revisted

TucsonVX
10/06/2003, 08:43 PM
Had my drivers side window fixed at the dealers in Tucson. Asked if there was any service bulitens on this problem. The service manager said yes and his techians have been to the school. When I asked what the fix for the problem was He said he did not know. Asked the service technicain who worked on the car. He said it was about shiming the tracks. This sounds like B. S.

What do the rest of you think. Lets get the binding windows fixed for good.

Moncha
10/07/2003, 08:52 AM
When I worked at a dealer the Service Manager was ALWAYS the first to sign up fror classes like this one so that he could explain the problem better to the client.. Doubt this one has been to any schools.. Last thing you ever want to say to a client is "I don't know". ;eeko;

The top post in the How To forum is the fix for the bind.. If Isuzu thinks that by shimming it will take care of the problem.... Maybe we could arrange for "Our" Master Techs to go out there and teach them a thing or two. :rollg:

CSTYLES
10/08/2003, 07:22 AM
Funny thing, I dropped off mine on mon. and told the dealer about the window problem. They told me they fixed it by shiming the window track. The next morning the problem got worse. before my window would actually go up all the way, just outside the track. Now they go up about halfway and stop.
I made an appointment to take it next week. the service manager said he put in an order for a new "track" or "rail". Didn't convince me though.

Is there anything I can pass along to these guys to help them out? Should I give them a link to this site, would they bother checking it?

Andres

TucsonVX
10/08/2003, 06:26 PM
I gave the service man a copy of the binding window fix for the VX website. Thay ignor it because it is not a authorized ISUZU fix.

WyrreJ
10/08/2003, 11:54 PM
We are robots, we must follow ISUZU instructions with mindless dedication. If ISUZU says to drive off a cliff, we will do it precisely.

Cliff
10/11/2003, 12:45 AM
I had my VX to the dealer at least six times throughout the warranty period for binding windows, during which time they replaced tracks, operators, even window glass. Finally after the warranty expired I threatened to write Isuzu America and sent a draft letter to the dealer, which got his attention. He ordered all new rubber track seals, but I discovered just as his mechanic was putting them in that they had been "lubricating" them each time by soaking them in WD40! I bought a can of silicone lube and ordered them to use it. From then on, no window problems. I think the mechanics were gumming up each new set of rubber parts every time and perpetuating the problem.

JAG!
10/11/2003, 03:27 PM
Ya know, reading all the troubles nearly everyone has had with the window binding, ya'd of thought Isuzu would of issued a recall.

This problem is certainly not coincidental. Wonder if the "lemon law" would apply or is that strictly mechanical?

Alas, even though I struggled with my binding problem, a call to Isuzu resulted in a factory tech being sent down here to repair the problem once and for all. Guess I shouldn't complain too much. But, it did take about 2 years to finally fix the issue.

coachreed
10/11/2003, 11:35 PM
I am just now starting to have problems with my windows. Mainly my passenger window... I guess I need to get in there... and take care of it... time to read the fix!

TTYL!

Arachnid J
10/15/2003, 08:16 AM
I have taken my VX in for the window binding on three occasions. The last time that I took it in they had a Rep. and a technician from the Isuzu Corp. look at it while they were in on a visit. I was given a chance to talk to the Rep. and he told me that it was a problem that could only be fixed by using a product that Ford carries called Mini-Vent Lube. I don't care much for using the product myself. It leaves a greasy film on the windows every time I use them. They told me to use it once a month and I shouldn't have any more problems. The funny thing is that I had asked to speak to the Technician about the problem and was told that he never talks to customers and if I had any questions that they could check with him for me. I asked them if the reason for this was because he couldn't speak english or if it was because he was an *****. I didn't get an answer on that one. The only good thing that came about from the whole deal was a new set of headlights. They said that my old ones looked a little scratched and that they were becoming hazy on top. So, I took took the complimentary headlights and now I am still stuck with not so perfect windows. The Mini-Vent Lube works but I don't think that we should have to settle for a quick fix that just hides the real problem. I even printed up sheets on the fix that is post here and they just looked at them and said that they would have to check on it and as you can guess I still haven't heard anything. If anyone is interested in trying the Mini-Vent Lube you can get it at any Ford Dealership and it's stock # is XL3Z-19G208 AA. Has anyone else tried this before?

tiggergreen
10/15/2003, 11:34 AM
Silicone Spray - use, love it, keep it on hand. I sprayed this into the tracks on my passenger side window over a YEAR ago and I have not had any more problems with this window...

It is the easiest, and most time-effective solution around. You can go to the trouble of fiddling with the window innards, but you should only do this if the silicone spray doesn't work...

Brent
www.xanderstudios.com