PDA

View Full Version : H-e-l-l-o....cel....

VXobsession
01/09/2012, 10:50 AM
.....I hate you.

Ldub
01/10/2012, 06:16 AM
Maybe go to autozone/o'reilies/checkers auto parts & get the code read & go from there?...:yesgray:

It's not the end of the world my friend, especially if it's not flashing.

I've had a cel on intermittently, for months.

I'm waiting for spring to change the intake gaskets...:_wrench:

Scott Harness
01/10/2012, 06:41 AM
In one of VW's I had an aftermarket chip that the computer didn't recognize
CEL was on for years...no problems:bgwb:

circmand
01/10/2012, 08:45 AM
Is you never know if it is a minor cel or a fix now cel. Even after being read some don't have good info

VXobsession
01/10/2012, 08:08 PM
I have a fancy diagnostic machine thingy...okay, that didn't sound like I know what I'm talking about. MY HUSBAND has a fancy diagnostic thingy machine (costs like 7k)....my CEL is the freaking EGR that I JUST replaced with a brand new one a few months ago. We just completely disconnected that stupid thing until we have time to deal with it...so I guess I get to look at that CEL for a little while. Out of the 7 vehicles we have, the VX was the only one without that light on, until now :(

VXobsession
01/10/2012, 08:21 PM
We cleaned all of it. We've already had an issue with the clogging before so that was the first thing we did. The "insufficient flow" is the code I think...he's not here for me to ask right at this moment. After we took everything apart and cleaned, including the tube, the code came right back on after a few minutes. We haven't had time to mess with it further.

VXorado
01/10/2012, 09:29 PM
It baffles me how Mark has endless amounts of solutions for any problem. Ever since 200K, you've become a VX Guru :thumbup:.