PDA

View Full Version : Electrical Problems

dmanske@cavtel.net
01/03/2012, 01:39 AM
My 2001 VX Ironman has suffered a recent rapid succession of electrical failures near its 104,000 mile birthday. I noticed the cruise control pushbutton no longer activated the cruise control. Next day, the power windows no longer worked, then the turn signals quit working, too. Can anyone help me sort this out?

JAMAS
01/03/2012, 07:15 AM
Perhaps there is a relay or another shared item that has gone bad.

Check through the fuses and relays in the electrical manual to see what they all have in common.

I will look for the electrical stuff now....

here...._>http://www.vehicross.info/misc/vx_manuals/etm_99.pdf

tom4bren
01/03/2012, 07:37 AM
IIRC, there is a wire loom in the engine bay that is subject to chaffing that could cause shorts. I'll have to find that thread unless someone can remember where that problem was located.

Y33TREKker
01/03/2012, 03:31 PM
Is your CB-15 (15 Amp) Back Up/Turn Light fuse in the dash fuse box blown by any chance?

Ldub
01/03/2012, 04:55 PM
IIRC, there is a wire loom in the engine bay that is subject to chaffing that could cause shorts. I'll have to find that thread unless someone can remember where that problem was located.

That happened to Anita, I believe it was where the bundle of wires passes through the front bulkhead near the air box.

tom4bren
01/04/2012, 04:01 AM
That happened to Anita, I believe it was where the bundle of wires passes through the front bulkhead near the air box.

Good thing your rememory is better than mine. I was thinking it was somewhere behind one of the headlights.:)

Ldub
01/04/2012, 05:00 AM
Good thing your rememory is better than mine. I was thinking it was somewhere behind one of the headlights.:)

That area IS kinda behind the drivers side H-L...:smilewink

tom4bren
01/04/2012, 07:02 AM
That area IS kinda behind the drivers side H-L...:smilewink

Sorry, my eyeballs read bulkhead but my mind heard firewall:_brickwal

Gettin old ... I'm sure you understand.:)