PDA

View Full Version : Need Help TOD & ABS codes

Scoobymlr
12/23/2011, 07:55 PM
Hi Everyone, FIXED

I have an 01 VX and I just had the ABS unit rebuilt. and still have codes showing. My TOD light is on it shows code 13, 14, 24
My ABS shows 43, 44. I have checked my tires, fuses, harness, all wires under vehicle. I have looked at all post cant figure it out. Please give me shom Ideas?

P.S. The mechanic has had my car for 3 weeks but they are NOT VX smart. So I now have it back.

Thank you

Scoobymlr
12/23/2011, 08:10 PM
BTW my Brake pads and Rotors need to be replaced. I will be doing that on Saturday.

etlsport
12/23/2011, 09:40 PM
Sounds like its probably a speed sensor somewhere. Take a look at the electrical diagrams of the vx and locate them.. Iirc there are like 8-12 sensors related to tod and abs. also look under your passenger seat, thats where the computer that controls both is. Good luck 7

VX KAT
12/23/2011, 10:53 PM
Hi Everyone,

I have an 01 VX and I just had the ABS unit rebuilt. and still have codes showing.

Sorry, can't offer any help on your problem, but I'm just curious, where'd you get your ABS unit rebuilt and how much was it?
There's a guy on ebay does rebuilds for $99. Told me he's done many VX units, but don't know if anybody has tried him.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/140407986063?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_3288wt_834
Thanks for any info!

TheGanzman
12/24/2011, 07:34 AM
Sorry, can't offer any help on your problem, but I'm just curious, where'd you get your ABS unit rebuilt and how much was it?
There's a guy on ebay does rebuilds for $99. Told me he's done many VX units, but don't know if anybody has tried him.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/140407986063?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_3288wt_834
Thanks for any info!

My question too. I have a "spare" unit, poised for a "pre-build" - wanna know where to NOT send it at least!:bwgy:

Scoobymlr
12/24/2011, 09:45 AM
I will post the info on where to send the ABS unit to get rebuilt. was under 100. and is covered for the life of the car.

Scoobymlr
12/24/2011, 02:08 PM
at the bottom of the front axle u will find what looks like 2 blue and white electronic valves un screw... disconnect it and blow into the valves... and shake it around.. also clean the connectors. most of the time its just water that gets inside of them

Does anyone have a pic of this can find location?
Thank you

Scoobymlr
12/24/2011, 05:22 PM
OK.. I cant get the codes to erase? Followed the instructions many many times. it just keeps saying the same codes for the TOD and the ABS. I have checked for broken wires and removed the seat to check the TOD. No luck.

With the Check light on the TOD only the rear wheels are green never the front. If I put it in 4L all wheels go green, but check light still flashs and ABS light stays on stedy.

Any ideas?

VX KAT
12/24/2011, 06:46 PM
I know in an earlier post you said you'd checked the tires, but are they all the same size with same/similar wear amount? Heard of some having the TOD get cranky when the tires are too far different in circumference....but not sure if it throws a code or not. Any clunking / nasty noises?

On the ABS...if it does turn out to be an ABS wheel sensor...they're like $500 smackers new from Isuzu......so I got mine from a Trooper in a junkyard for $80 including delivery (actual delivery to my mechanic)...just FYI...

Had another thought.....since this is the first I've heard of someone that actually got the ABS unit rebuilt...could it be something with the rebuild that's not reading correctly and causing it to throw a code?

TheGanzman
12/25/2011, 07:07 AM
Tire PRESSURE is critical to TOD codes too; make certain that all four tires are within ~2 pounds pressure of each other...

Scoobymlr
12/25/2011, 08:46 PM
I've checked the tires many times the max is 50 psi so I put it at that. It didnt help. i am going to try 40 psi. I disconected the battery for 3hrs and nothing. tried to reset the codes on the TOD and the ABS but they wont resest. I have cleaned ALL plugs and wires the I could find. cleaned my thortle body very dirty. No noises or clunking.

But when I put it into 4L and take my foot of the brake it want to take off and thats without giving it any gas. seems to sugre or buck a little in 4L?

VX KAT
12/25/2011, 09:09 PM
Maybe call the place that did the rebuild and ask if they'd heard of this type of problem?????

TheGanzman
12/26/2011, 07:56 AM
I've checked the tires many times the max is 50 psi so I put it at that. It didnt help. i am going to try 40 psi. I disconected the battery for 3hrs and nothing. tried to reset the codes on the TOD and the ABS but they wont resest. I have cleaned ALL plugs and wires the I could find. cleaned my thortle body very dirty. No noises or clunking.

But when I put it into 4L and take my foot of the brake it want to take off and thats without giving it any gas. seems to sugre or buck a little in 4L?

That tire pressure is WAY too much! I'd run it down to mid-30's (I run my stock tires at 29psi) - that thing's gotta ride like a frickin' HAY WAGON at 40psi and above!

Scoobymlr
12/26/2011, 08:48 AM
That tire pressure is WAY too much! I'd run it down to mid-30's (I run my stock tires at 29psi) - that thing's gotta ride like a frickin' HAY WAGON at 40psi and above!

LOL....it does. I am going right now to put it at 35.
:yesb:

VX KAT
12/26/2011, 11:56 AM
LOL....it does. I am going right now to put it at 35.
:yesb:

What size tires are you running? Yes, we know lower air pressure erodes MPG a bit, but the improved ride quality is worth it IMHO. I have 285/60s and run between 35 and 41 psi depending on what I'm doing. I go even lower if on a trail.

Scoobymlr
12/26/2011, 02:20 PM
I am running on stock 18"s. Tire pressure is now 35psi. still no change.
I went under again and found that I had 2 corroded wires on my TOD harness that connectes to my front and rear TOD speed sensors. I cleaned them very well and put them back and still nothing.

TOD check light still flashing same codes 13, 14, 24 and ABS code 43

Scoobymlr
12/26/2011, 02:30 PM
What size tires are you running? Yes, we know lower air pressure erodes MPG a bit, but the improved ride quality is worth it IMHO. I have 285/60s and run between 35 and 41 psi depending on what I'm doing. I go even lower if on a trail.

Tires are 255/55/18

Scoobymlr
12/29/2011, 11:36 AM
On the tod case the front and rear speed sensors are they wired together or do they have seperate connections?
So would I have to replace both or can I just replace one.
when I am looking at them they look like they are together? What am I doing wrong?

Scoobymlr
01/08/2012, 08:56 AM
Hi Everyone,

I have an 01 VX and I just had the ABS unit rebuilt. and still have codes showing. My TOD light is on it shows code 13, 14, 24
My ABS shows 43, 44. I have checked my tires, fuses, harness, all wires under vehicle. I have looked at all post cant figure it out. Please give me shom Ideas?

Thank you

Fixed TOD. The problem was my Transmission output sensor (OSS). replaced and works fine.
Thanks

skcorssorcihev
03/13/2012, 07:16 AM
Have you fixed the problem? My VX has the same issue. The TOD and ABS lights are on. The ABS comes on intermittantly and could be related to low brake pressure. But the TOD is a sensor and I am not sure which one.

nfpgasmask
06/15/2012, 10:05 AM
Fixed TOD. The problem was my Transmission output sensor (OSS). replaced and works fine.
Thanks

I have this exact same problem. Just popped up yesterday. Codes 13, 14, and 24 coming from the TOD. Scooby, can you tell more more about this Transmission Output Sensor?

How much?

Where is it?

Easy swap?

Thanks - Bart

skcorssorcihev
06/18/2012, 05:37 AM
Yeah,,,,,,more information on this transmission sensor? I think mine is the same exact thing. :)

nfpgasmask
06/18/2012, 08:32 AM
Yeah,,,,,,more information on this transmission sensor? I think mine is the same exact thing. :)

Are you getting the same codes? 13, 14 and 24? I'm calling Merlin today to see what he knows.

Bart

skcorssorcihev
06/19/2012, 05:05 AM
Bart

I think so..I will check again..but I got those along with the 43 & 44 code. Everything else is OK with car. Let me know if you resolve issue.....I am out of town for work now, so cant get to my VX, but will this weekend.

nfpgasmask
06/19/2012, 08:22 AM
Will do, I have to give Merlin a call. Didn't get to it yesterday.

Bart