PDA

View Full Version : Engines

Apostle
10/06/2003, 06:07 AM
Real quick, and mods can delete this thread tommorow, but were there two different engines offered in the VX?

I have a 3.?L V-6, but i just saw a picture with "5L" on the side.

Was there a V-8 made for these? and if so has anyone swapped the 6 for the 8?

Cyrk
10/06/2003, 06:19 AM
no they debaged the 3 from the 3.5 L...

WyrreJ
10/06/2003, 07:59 AM
Plus added a supercharger.

Anita
10/06/2003, 08:48 AM
If it is an Ebony VX that is debaged of the Isuzu logos it probably is Tone's great ride. He removed the "3." and left the 5L. It has been that way for a lot longer than he has had the super charger on.

Having a debadged VX with a "5 L" on it makes for some serious head turning on the road. ;Dr; ;Dr; ;Dr;

hchen
10/06/2003, 10:22 AM
haha yea head turning but no power to back it up. lololol deceptive...some guys gonna try to race you in a '92 civic hatch gsr swap and he's gonna rip it on right by laughin...oh wellz

Anita
10/06/2003, 10:23 AM
dont count on it if Tone is behind the wheel.....

Personally, I dont why anyone would even want to race one of those mini food processors on wheels. What would be the point of it? To see who makes the ugliest sound?.. the honda would win.

hchen
10/06/2003, 10:24 AM
oh yea...that's probably ricksters...i think that's his name. he's the one with the custom hoodscope...

Triathlete
10/06/2003, 10:27 AM
Tone is Tone and Rickster is Rickster...two completely differant people!

...or is it? Hmmmm! The mystery begins.

hchen
10/06/2003, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by Anita
dont count on it if Tone is behind the wheel.....

Personally, I dont why anyone would even want to race one of those mini food processors on wheels. What would be the point of it? To see who makes the ugliest sound?.. the honda would win.

if the food processor is modded correctly it makes a real nice sound. i guess there's just no one around you that actually knows how to do it JDM style.

Dallas4u
10/06/2003, 11:36 AM
Why does it freakin matter anyway? I'm tired of seeing kidz in modded autos trying to race everyone. So, they win... so what? I don't care. I guess they do, but it doesn't make me respect them any more... most the time it's less. Priorities are priorities. Mine happens to be a mix of things... I mod my VX when I want, and I do other things too. I don't spend all my time and money on my car only to race someone on the street and beat them. If I drove around in a new Audi A8, and some kid in a '93 Civic thought he was racing me and beat me to the next light, do you think I would say, "Damn nice car, dude. You beat me... I'm really impressed"? Plus, why would HE be impressed with that? He got his car to go faster than mine? I'm driving an A8? Do you think I would give a damn about his Civic?

It's not ALWAYS about speed. People argue about different things concerning different types of autos. The big argument about American muscle cars is that they are quick off the line and in a straight line to a certain point, but most couldn't handle an autox course like many imports out there. Mustang and Camero owners didn't care... they thought the straight line speed was better than anything else. The import owners thought their speed, cornering ability made for the better car. The VX has good cornering (when compared to almost any SUV) and decent straight line speed. I wouldn't EVER compare it to a car, let alone one that is either made ot go fast or one that is modded to go fast. The VX is mostly talked about its off-roading capabilites here... even though it could be considered the best of both worlds.

valenki
10/06/2003, 01:45 PM
I would ask they guy in civic to take the race to the forest or the swamps, then we would see who's got the winner....;eekb;

hchen
10/06/2003, 05:37 PM
dallas

i know what you talkin about. but i disagree. i know many kids who have their priorities straight. honors in college, or have 6 figure jobs, whatever else... buuuuuuuut they love the import scene so they go buy a "cheap" civic and customize it to their tastes. it's all about the JDM to them. it's lik ehow you guys feel about your vehicross...i remember reading about how peopel think of it as a life statement. they eat, sleep, sh*t, breathe the import scene. with that said, when they make a real clean JDM ride spending probably more than an A8, props they deserve. i know peopel who can afford A8s or whatever, they just dont get them.

maybe some of you should learn more about the import scene first and see how much time effort sweat money etc people put into their rides.

it's liek this, my dad has a 97 carrera 4, S55 AMG among other rides...yea it's quick yea it handles crazy yea it got the name and high class style, shows off that you have a lot of money. would i do it? no...i'd rather spend close that that amount of money into modifyin a ride, like my isuzu, or OH NO a civic hatch, and make it better than his carrera4. just to spite him. and i know it does to a lot of people that own these expensive cars. if you've ever spent your savings and all tha time and energy into makin a car better than some rich fools sports car or whatever, and you rip the h3ll out of him. first you deserve mad props because it's truly difficult to accomplish. 2nd you'd feel extremely good but then again it's my opinion, the way i think.

but whatever, im gonna stop talkin about this stuff for now 'cause most of the people here have a different mindset and it wont get through. all im saying is that guy in the modded "ricer" that rips a Viper or whatever, got my props.

it's a different type of appreciation