PDA

View Full Version : The VehiCROSS Has Changed My Life!

Ala5ka
12/05/2011, 07:39 PM
Here are a few ways in which the VX has quite literally changed my life!

1. I now spend too much money on Armor All, Mother's Back to Black or anything that totes plastic restorative abilities
2. The word "stock" is a point of personal angst as my psyche wrestles between capability and preservation
3. I constantly contemplate new ways to increase storage space i.e. spare tire area
4. I don't laugh when I hear the words "fuzzy hole"
5. I appreciate cup holders more than ever
6. I watch the Scan Gauge more closely than the road (striving for more MPG's)
7. Finally I use the name of a vehicle as a verb, such as: "watch me VehiCROSS that puddle," or "I'm going to VehiCROSS town and pick up a gallon of Armor All"

Post up how the VX has impacted your life. I for one am curious as my obsession is on the border between social and institutionalized :)

VXobsession
12/05/2011, 08:13 PM
Love it!!!!!!

blacksambo
12/05/2011, 08:15 PM
What's a scan guage?

Ala5ka
12/05/2011, 08:50 PM
What's a scan guage?

It's a little OBD-2 reader that monitors everything about the VX, neat little deal :)

Ldub
12/06/2011, 06:01 AM
What's a scan guage?

For your convenience...

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=scan%20gauge&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CI4BEBYwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.scangauge.com%2F&ei=8B7eTszHM6qq2QWl6dyVBQ&usg=AFQjCNFC4FzHEGolSZ8-EeypQLYY0KFXnw&sig2=DmitsiKcb_CXSFc6H_qKhA

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=scan%20gauge&source=web&cd=11&ved=0CNUBEBYwCg&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.aeroforcetech.com%2F&ei=8B7eTszHM6qq2QWl6dyVBQ&usg=AFQjCNE01oZfm1XyDdUT60PP7GHtmK8P0g&sig2=9MU0MYrhtx1Pko_fihxGsg

http://www.aeroforcetech.com/products_gauge_pods.html

blacksambo
12/06/2011, 06:44 AM
Thank you very much. You learn something new everyday.

tom4bren
12/06/2011, 08:08 AM
Seperation anxiety every time Boy drives it out of the driveway.

Envy when he brings it back all muddy.

Frustration when it's still muddy a week later.

Breezy
12/06/2011, 08:30 AM
1. Wallet is empty when she runs because I'm doing fun stuff to her
2. Wallet is empty when she doesn't run because I'm fixing her
3. Finding my vehicle in Walmart parking lots after long shopping trips never takes more than one glance in a general direction to spot the Proton
4. Did you say the snow is keeping you from going somewhere? Hahahahahaha!
5. I'll drive 5 MPH under posted limits if it makes the Flowmaster Super 44 hit the "sweet spot"
6. I used to never enjoy sleeping in the back of a car...
7. I don't look at my speedometer since I put in a ScanGaugeII

Cris
12/06/2011, 08:38 AM
I am definitly a head case when it comes to my VX. I wash once or twice a week weather its raining or not , yes i do wash my VX in the rain, why? My VX is going on 13 years old and I still have people come up to me wondering what the new crossover is ,who its made by and I do enjoy telling them that it is 12 years old, I scrub the shocks inside the tires and wheels , the engine compartment is just as clean as the interior and sometimes cleaner! Theres not a better PUV on the market OH HELL ! there is not anything better on the market...

Ala5ka
12/06/2011, 09:36 AM
Theres not a better PUV on the market

I don't think there is another single PUV on the market hahaha

VXobsession
12/06/2011, 10:41 AM
Loving this thread! I totally agree and relate to every single thing everybody has said...except for the Flowmaster thing, but that'll happen soon enough! I still drive slower so people can look and point....you can always read lips when they say 'wtf is that!?".

JoFotoz
12/06/2011, 12:00 PM
It sure changed my life !

I never thought I'd spend money...

...on a whore :p

:jump:

Jo

H3_VX
12/06/2011, 03:13 PM
I never though I would find another vehicle that I love as much or more than HUMMER. Well, I did, and looking at both vehicles in my parking spots in unreal.

voyeur
12/06/2011, 04:31 PM
You're all nuts...!!!! .... keep it up

FenderBender
12/06/2011, 04:42 PM
I still giggle when I hear "fuzzy hole" LOL

Ala5ka
12/06/2011, 06:43 PM
1. I buy PCV's in a six pack
2. I appreciate the Trooper's simplicity more and more every day
3. I dream about diesel engines, large rear windows, and manual transmissions
4. I preface every off road outing with "well I don't want to wreck my cladding"

Kona-Vs
12/06/2011, 09:17 PM
At 54, overweight, and slightly balding, hanging in the VX is the only attention I get :bgwo::yeso::p

Mile High VX
12/07/2011, 05:29 AM
1. "Mod" is now not just the first word in the title of a 1970's hit TV show.
2. I spend too much time while driving watching to see who's watchng the VX.
3. The VX sits in the garage for weeks because I just couldn't bear to roll it over from 84,999.
4. I get more exercise from parking so far away from everyone.
5. Has made me lots of great new friends who really love this very special vehicle...this place is the best!

Breezy
12/07/2011, 05:31 AM
2. I spend too much time while driving watching to see who's watchng the VX.

4. I get more exercise from parking so far away from everyone.

YES!!! Hahahaha!

Scott Harness
12/08/2011, 07:08 AM
The VX changed my life by introducing me to this wonderful family!!!:yesb::clap::dance:I'll see some of you guys on "THE STOOP"

Cobrajet
12/09/2011, 08:36 PM
3. Finding my vehicle in Walmart parking lots after long shopping trips never takes more than one glance in a general direction to spot the Proton
5. I'll drive 5 MPH under posted limits if it makes the Flowmaster Super 44 hit the "sweet spot"

I can relate to these two. I took my daughters silver Saturn Aura to the grocery store last month and had a devil of a time remembering where I parked! My PV1 catback still has the best sound!!

1. I learned how to wash my car in the garage during the winter months!
2. I keep my tires within .2 pounds now to keep my TOD happy.
3. One polish for body, one for cladding, one for tires, one for ... (you get the idea.)

tom4bren
12/12/2011, 04:54 AM
I can relate to these two. I took my daughters silver Saturn Aura to the grocery store last month and had a devil of a time remembering where I parked! My PV1 catback still has the best sound!!

1. I learned how to wash my car in the garage during the winter months!
2. I keep my tires within .2 pounds now to keep my TOD happy.
3. One polish for body, one for cladding, one for tires, one for ... (you get the idea.)

& don't forget that it made you 'man up' & buy that pink California Duster for those rare occasions when a speck of dust dares to land on your Proton.:)

Ala5ka
12/12/2011, 12:50 PM
I park close to Starbucks so I can look out the window at people looking at my VX :)

VXobsession
12/12/2011, 04:45 PM
I ALWAYS park where I'll be able to see the VX while eating. And giggle at the people walking around her trying to figure out what planet she fell from.

VXorado
12/12/2011, 06:54 PM
1. "Mod" is now not just the first word in the title of a 1970's hit TV show.

agree... but you're really showing your age with that one :p

Ala5ka
12/13/2011, 12:51 PM
Spent an hour on my hands and knees with Armorall doing the inside of my wheel wells, then guiltily used tire shine and drove away so nobody could see me doing it :)

VXorado
12/13/2011, 08:43 PM
Spent an hour on my hands and knees with Armorall doing the inside of my wheel wells, then guiltily used tire shine and drove away so nobody could see me doing it :)

Recently I sprayed the 35" tires with the tire shine and man did it look ridiculous... the tires have too much sidewall to be shiny. Now I stick to the tire cleaner opposed to the tire shine.

codyman3487
12/13/2011, 10:05 PM
I love my VX its the greatest thing thats ever happen to me.. and your right about goin slower to watch the people in the car next to you "wtf is that" to me thats thats a good feeling that means I did something good.. oh yea thats right I bought a VX!!! already put a new motor in mine so she will last even longer next comes a trans and suspension kit (3 inch lift) so much to do to it its never ending... like i have always said thats one bitch that wont let me down for any reason....