PDA

View Full Version : Expensive crash.......

JoFotoz
12/04/2011, 07:28 PM
OUCH....

http://jalopnik.com/5864856/massive-japanese-crash-claims-eight-ferraris-three-benzes-and-a-lamborghini

jo

Ldub
12/05/2011, 06:06 AM
Bummer...:waag:

samneil2000
12/05/2011, 06:19 AM
Shameful!

tom4bren
12/05/2011, 06:48 AM
Never wanted one but still hate to see one suffer an ignomious (sp?) death!!!

:waab:

WormGod
12/05/2011, 07:52 AM
Ah shucks, seeing that sort of thing happen in this economy just makes me smile. ;)

VXjunky
12/05/2011, 09:48 AM
more...... http://autos.yahoo.com/news/eight-ferraris-wrecked-in-million-dollar-pileup-.html

JAMAS
12/05/2011, 10:00 AM
I wonder how the guys in the Prius felt.

Breezy
12/05/2011, 10:18 AM
"The Prius escaped unharmed."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

mdwyer
12/05/2011, 11:29 AM
Ah shucks, seeing that sort of thing happen in this economy just makes me smile. ;)

Amen, brother... Schadenfreude the the best freude...

Riff Raff
12/05/2011, 11:56 AM
Typical car club scenario and is easily understood how this happens. Over the years, I've belonged to many car clubs and have traveled in convoy with numerous fellow members to pre-determined destination points. I've personally seen this same exact scenario play out numerous times with near disasterous results in car club convoys, but was fortunate it never actually happened to me (but came damn close many times).

Oftentimes; during the road-trip, the front lead vehicle in the convoy will get bored and feel a bit frisky-n-froggy by looking in his rear-view mirror at the long trail of vehicles and want to push the element a bit faster as a way to show-off to his pal's. What normally happens next is the trailing vehicles in convoy don't want to be left behind or out-shown by the convoy leader and will therefore pick up the pace with increased speeds oftentimes running bumper-to-bumper. This domino effect reaction can very quickly turn into a follow-the-leader street race by the fellow car club members at very high speeds in tight bumper formation.

This is exactly what happened with the exotic car club in Japan. The lead Ferrari got bored and a bit too frisky and then tried to show-off by passing a slower Toyota Prius with the rest of the trailing Ferrari's in tight bumper-to-bumper formation at high speed and then disaster struck causing a chain reaction crash.

That's why it is so very important to have a level-headed car club member in the front lead convoy position, as he sets the pace and demeanor for the entire rest of the convoy.

:bgwb:

Ldub
12/05/2011, 03:32 PM
That's why it is so very important to have a level-headed car club member in the front lead convoy position, as he sets the pace and demeanor for the entire rest of the convoy.

:bgwb:

Not to mention wheel tire combinations that are NO MORE than 7 grams over what the stock W/T combo weighed...:smilewink

AND no excessive offset so that there is a "bolt on perfect" fit & no trimming needed...:yesgray:

tom4bren
12/06/2011, 06:30 AM
Not to mention wheel tire combinations that are NO MORE than 7 grams over what the stock W/T combo weighed...:smilewink

AND no excessive offset so that there is a "bolt on perfect" fit & no trimming needed...:yesgray:

Thanks for the "coffee through the nose" moment Dub!!!

Ldub
12/06/2011, 07:00 AM
Thanks for the "coffee through the nose" moment Dub!!!

Glad to be of help...:smilewink