PDA

View Full Version : Ignition Switch Lock Cylinder...Urgent

TexasProton
11/28/2011, 06:08 AM
Hello Yall,
I was unfortunate enough to take the ignition switch apart trying to figure out why the "15 A engine fuse" kept blowing. I am having a hard time sliding the lock cylinder back in its original place. I can slide it back in up to 1/2 of its final locking place, but I am unable to make the male "U" at the end of the lock cylinder line up with the "U" Socket inside the cylinder. Turning the key is not helping. Does anyone know the trick to getting the Lock Cylinder to line up? I would hate to spend $104 if I don't have to. By the way, the issue is not the "lock pin" because I am able to slide the lock cylinder almost all the way in by first turning the key about a 1/4 turn until the lock pin was in the "Unlocked" position...I just can't line up the end of the lock cylinder with its socket at the bottom of the cylinder.

Thanks a lot for all your help
2001 VX Proton Yellow, Austin, TX

Triathlete
11/28/2011, 07:13 AM
Ldub has removed/replaced his. He has a post on the site with some tips. Try searching that. If no luch, shoot him a PM...or maybe he will chime in when he see's this.

TexasProton
11/28/2011, 12:21 PM
Ldub has removed/replaced his. He has a post on the site with some tips. Try searching that. If no luch, shoot him a PM...or maybe he will chime in when he see's this.

Thank you so much boss, I really appreciate it

TexasProton
12/03/2011, 08:33 AM
Issue resolved. I took a a large flat screw driver and turned the "U" socket inside the Luck Cylinder and turned it until it cleared the cable lock stopper...I depressed the plastic plate so it would release the plastic stopper and it turned real easy...the lock cylinder tumbler went right in without any issues. Please feel free to drop me a message if you ever need to change the lock cylinder.

Thanks for your help

Ldub
12/03/2011, 06:52 PM
Glad to hear you got it to work...:thumbup: