PDA

View Full Version : Local mechanic couldn't do a wheel alignment!

Lease-V-cross
10/04/2003, 02:43 PM
Ok...now I got my windows fixed and I finally got around to scheduling a 4-wheel alignment. I haven't had one done since I got the Vcross and it really needs it.
The mechanic tells me since I have 18" wheels that his equipment doesn't go up that high. He had an 18" but it was still about an inch or so off. HUH?

Has anyone else had this problem?
I think they just didn't have time to do it and I'm getting more B.S.

Tone
10/04/2003, 03:14 PM
First, there is no 4 wheel alignment on a VX. There are limits on older alignment equipment as to wheel diameter.

Firestone offers a lifetime alignment for less than $100 that lets you have it realigned anytime as you can knock it out of wack leaving the shop and most won’t redo it.

Jolly Roger VX'er
10/05/2003, 07:46 AM
yeah...I can vouch for Firestone too...they were the only ones that got my Fiero aligned right and listened to me when I told them how to set the rear camber...as the factory specs on the rear camber are too aggressive, which is good for hairpin handling but not good for long tire life. After they did it I've had beautiful tire wear the last 1.5 years.

Raque Thomas
10/05/2003, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by Tone
First, there is no 4 wheel alignment on a VX.

Tone, this issue came up before and I never got an answer. I took my VX to the dealer for an alignment and they said they did a 4 wheel alignment. I asked for a copy of the printout, and it showed changes were made to all 4 wheels. Did I get ripped off? They said they did a 4 wheel alignment ,and they charged me for a 4 wheel alignment????????

Navigator
10/06/2003, 06:50 AM
Originally posted by raquethomas
Tone, this issue came up before and I never got an answer. I took my VX to the dealer for an alignment and they said they did a 4 wheel alignment. I asked for a copy of the printout, and it showed changes were made to all 4 wheels. Did I get ripped off? They said they did a 4 wheel alignment ,and they charged me for a 4 wheel alignment????????

If the ride improved after the service, there is a good chance they did more than babysit your vehicle, however if you notice the same problems and tire wear issues, you were robbed.

Green Dragon
10/07/2003, 07:27 AM
Yes! the VX does require a 4 wheel alignment.

Raque Thomas
10/07/2003, 07:51 AM
2 for, 2 against - anyone know how we can find out for sure :confused: :confused: :confused: