PDA

View Full Version : Vx sunroof trouble!!!

Rampage108
11/20/2011, 04:16 AM
Hello everyone. New to the vx came with a very nice sunroof. It's the westabo I think the hollandia. Anyway visiting family in Vancouver wa near Portland Oregon and something electric died on it. Buttons stopped working with it popped open. Does anyone know of a place I can call or get it too that does good quick work? Desperate before rain starts. Thanks again

johnnyapollo
11/20/2011, 06:48 AM
Normally the sunroof is wired to a constant "hot" lead like the lead that powers the alarm (that way it "remembers" your button 1 and button 2 settings and can be closed with the ignition off). The wiring is usually routed down the drivers-side windshield pillar. Pop that off and make sure the wiring isn't pinched. Follow it down to see if it's wired in the fuse box (driver-side of dash) or the wire goes through a hole in the firewall. Look for an inline fuse if the latter as it may be popped (the wiring will probably come out a hole in the firewall then come across to the passenger's side under the hood until it connects to the battery. Look for any breaks or pinches in the wire.

Those units are fairly robust and it sounds like it's just not getting any power.

-- John

Riff Raff
11/20/2011, 01:02 PM
Here 'ya go. According to the Webasto website; the Portland, Oregon sunroof dealership is:

Coach Automotive Accessories
15495 Beaverton Creek, Court
Beaverton, OR 97006 (8 miles away from Vancouver, WA)

TEL: (503) 526-1001
POC: Mr. Kyle Blake
EML: MichaelHolmes@verizion.net

:bgwb:

Rampage108
11/20/2011, 01:51 PM
Thanks. Just traced wire. Fuses in line were fine. Doesn't connect to battery so must patch in elsewhere. After tracing them and moving around it closed. But program buttons still won't work. And open and close barely want to work. Appreciate the help. Gonna bring it to that shop tomorrow and have it fixed. Appreciate the responses

Breezy
11/21/2011, 06:42 AM
How do yall like having the sunroofs anyway? Do they leak or anything? I think it'd be cool to have one, but not if it's going to cause issues. My VX spends most of its time in snow, so there would be water/moisture/ice/snow on the roof alot. Leaky leaky much?

Rampage108
11/21/2011, 08:29 AM
Not a single leak or sign of any leakage. High quality parts. Seems to be just a small electrical problem. I really like it. More when it's working. Haha