PDA

View Full Version : what axle part is this?

zadam123
11/11/2011, 03:24 AM
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/medium/Untitled_-_1.jpg

what name is the part is the one circled .its has to do with the front drivers side axle. the mechanic said the busshing in the cirlle part is worn out and it is not listed in the parts so i think i need that piece. and he cant get it .

thanks

VXorado
11/11/2011, 03:49 AM
That's known as the "diff bracket" to most of us but it may have a more official name. I have a spare bracket you can buy off me if you need one. PM me if you're interested, I only have one side so I would need to confirm if its the drivers side first.

VXorado
11/11/2011, 03:50 AM
That's known as the "diff bracket" to most of us but it may have a more official name. I have a spare bracket you can buy off me if you need one. PM me if you're interested, I only have one side so I would need to confirm if its the drivers side first.

zadam123
11/11/2011, 03:59 AM

let me ask you the mechanic said when he took the screw out the rubber piece came out with it. is the rubber a separate part or is it permanently attached to that bracket? how much do you want for that part
thanks adam

VXorado
11/11/2011, 04:10 AM
Sorry for the double post... the site is acting laggy for me.

The bushing is attached to the bracket, there's a metal sleeve that the bolt goes through & the bolt can fuse to the sleeve causing it to destroy the bushing when the bolt is turned. Same thing happen to me.

$30 for the bracket but first I'll check it later today to see if its the correct side.

zadam123
11/11/2011, 04:14 AM
thanks let me know

Triathlete
11/11/2011, 06:00 AM
Have you checked to see if the bushing is available through Merlin? Probably only be $15 or so.

deermagnet
11/11/2011, 06:31 AM
It's called an axle case bracket. The entire assembly is part# 8-97131-941-1. Go to My Isuzu Parts and enter that part# to see all the small parts that available separately. The rubber bushings, # 8-97018-240-0, are cheap and available from your local Honda dealer. Your mechanic could probably have them tomorrow, if they get parts deliveries on Saturday.

http://www.myisuzuparts.com (http://www.myisuzuparts.com/)

Mark

zadam123
11/11/2011, 08:08 AM
It's called an axle case bracket. The entire assembly is part# 8-97131-941-1. Go to My Isuzu Parts and enter that part# to see all the small parts that available separately. The rubber bushings, # 8-97018-240-0, are cheap and available from your local Honda dealer. Your mechanic could probably have them tomorrow, if they get parts deliveries on Saturday.

http://www.myisuzuparts.com (http://www.myisuzuparts.com/)

Mark

honda? that site only has isuzu cars. what honda car is it? the passport? and would it be the same part number?
thanks

also the mechanic told me it is safe to drive with the bushing worn out Isuzu that true?

zadam123
11/11/2011, 08:09 AM
also do you need a press machine to put that part in?

deermagnet
11/11/2011, 08:17 AM
The Honda Passport is an Isuzu Rodeo. Our VX has LOTS of Rodeo parts, so they can all be purchased at any Honda dealer. Just walk up to the Honda parts counter and give him the Isuzu part number. It's the same part number Honda uses.

Dude looks on his computer and says "we don't stock Passport parts anymore, let me check on availability at the Honda parts warehouse over in NJ". It just takes a minute to get connected. "It's in stock, I can have it here tomorrow morning by 11:00". You say, "great, get me two of those bushings", and pay for them then.

You return the next morning and pick them up on your way to your mechanic.

Done.

Mark

zadam123
11/11/2011, 10:29 AM
The Honda Passport is an Isuzu Rodeo. Our VX has LOTS of Rodeo parts, so they can all be purchased at any Honda dealer. Just walk up to the Honda parts counter and give him the Isuzu part number. It's the same part number Honda uses.

Dude looks on his computer and says "we don't stock Passport parts anymore, let me check on availability at the Honda parts warehouse over in NJ". It just takes a minute to get connected. "It's in stock, I can have it here tomorrow morning by 11:00". You say, "great, get me two of those bushings", and pay for them then.

You return the next morning and pick them up on your way to your mechanic.

Done.

Mark

what number did you call that said they can get the part tomorrow in new jersey. all the dealers in brooklyn said it won't be here till wednesday

VXorado
11/11/2011, 10:38 AM
I didn't know you could replace the bushing, you should look into that option zadam.

...or I do have the bracket for the driverside :)

Triathlete
11/11/2011, 11:49 AM
I didn't know you could replace the bushing, you should look into that option zadam.

...or I do have the bracket for the driverside :)

Pretty much all bushings should be replacable since they are a "wearable" part.

VXorado
11/11/2011, 12:57 PM
Pretty much all bushings should be replacable since they are a "wearable" part.

Good to know, I have a bad one that I've been limping along and ill try to fix it next time the axle is dropped. The bushings seem like they're clued in and that's why I was thinking they were non serviceable. Maybe just a really tight fit :confused:

zadam123
11/11/2011, 01:59 PM
thanks for all your help.orderd my bushings from saint charles. no honda dealers has them in stock

Triathlete
11/11/2011, 02:58 PM
Good to know, I have a bad one that I've been limping along and ill try to fix it next time the axle is dropped. The bushings seem like they're clued in and that's why I was thinking they were non serviceable. Maybe just a really tight fit :confused:

If they are like the control arm bushings they need to be pressed out and in...a local auto machine shop did mine in 10 minutes and charged $10-15.

tom4bren
11/14/2011, 04:35 AM
I had ordered my replacement bushing from here in the past:

http://www.worldpartsexpress.com/partlocator/index.cfm?action=searchCatalogOEM&siteid=214078

pressing the new bushing in doesn't require a large press ... but you're not likely to have much success trying to pound it in with a hammer (just picture trying to drive a rubber nail).