PDA

View Full Version : Moab May 2012...Red Rock Lodge.....

JoFotoz
11/09/2011, 02:35 PM
Just spoke with Devon at Red Rock Lodge..Moab.

1-877-253-5431

Was checking/proofing info for calendar...AND..he confirms...

....that pre booking for Moab in May will get you a 15% DISCOUNT.

So...the 15% is a good reason to call now...

..and securing a room on the stoop..or FAR FROM IT .. :eek:..

...is a great reason to call too!

I believe the VX run is on the 15th May...
...with group runs throughout the rest of the week.

Many arrive Sun/Mon 13th-14th

I am booked 12th-20th May.

:_steering

jo

JoFotoz
11/09/2011, 02:42 PM
Here's the unofficial schedule of activities:-

Little of this.....:bla:

Lots of this.... :_group2:

Little of this... :_steering

Little of this, er um, a lot of this...:_beer:

Hopefully not too much of this...:_wrench: :smack: or this....;puke2;

Little more of this..:_steering

Maybe some of this...:driver:

Some more of this...:_beer: :yeso:

None of this.....:argue:

Some of this....:slap:

Oh my, maybe even this....:dan_ban: :naughty:

And lots and lots of this......:laugho:

And hopefully, some of this....:snooz:

==============================

BE THERE!

Jo

nfpgasmask
11/09/2011, 03:15 PM
I wonder if Red Rock is pet friendly...I want to book soon.

Bart

JoFotoz
11/09/2011, 03:17 PM
YUP....

I wonder if Red Rock is pet friendly...I want to book soon.
Bart

...it is.

:thumbup:

jo

nfpgasmask
11/09/2011, 03:23 PM
That is good news. :)

Bart

eblank
11/09/2011, 03:29 PM
This would have to be the weekend of my wedding... :( dont think I can skip that...

Ldub
11/09/2011, 03:38 PM
This would have to be the weekend of my wedding... :( dont think I can skip that...

So get married in Moab...:yesgray:

Jo is a ship captain, & I'm a self ordained doctor of divinity/intoxification, between the two of us, we oughta be able to get y'all hitched up just fine...:smilewink

nfpgasmask
11/09/2011, 03:42 PM
Yup, me and my wife have celebrated 2 anniversaries in Moab already, we'll be 11 this coming May.

Bart

Ldub
11/09/2011, 03:56 PM
Just spoke with Devon at Red Rock Lodge..Moab.

1-877-253-5431

I believe the VX run is on the 15th May...
...with group runs throughout the rest of the week.

Many arrive Sun/Mon 13th-14th

I am booked 12th-20th May.

Yep-yup...:yesgray:

Just spoke w/ Devon to confirm the same dates...:dance:

Can't WAIT to get this winter behind us (just saw the first snow flakes today), & come out of hibernation in Moab with the Fam!!!

Hibernation...yeah, THAT'S the ticket...that's why I always look so tired...:rolleyes:

nfpgasmask
11/09/2011, 03:58 PM
Is there a block of rooms or a "side" of the hotel we should ask for to be closest to the stoop?

Bart

Ldub
11/09/2011, 04:09 PM
Is there a block of rooms or a "side" of the hotel we should ask for to be closest to the stoop?

Bart

Get as close as you can to the end/side where Rm 112 (casa de Dub/Pat&Jim) is located...:_beer:.:yesgray:

eblank
11/09/2011, 04:43 PM
So get married in Moab...

Jo is a ship captain, & I'm a self ordained doctor of divinity/intoxification, between the two of us, we oughta be able to get y'all hitched up just fine...

hmmmm... tempting. lol. but if we ever want to talk to either of our mothers again -- might not be the best idea...

Yup, me and my wife have celebrated 2 anniversaries in Moab already, we'll be 11 this coming May.

Maybe next year we could have a erm... double anniversary?

JoFotoz
11/09/2011, 04:55 PM
OMG..this could be epic...

Bart and his wife celebrate 11 years
A Stoop wedding..(bring the mother in laws :thumbup: )
Though for me to preside, we need to be in international waters..
...heck, the Hot Tub Counts if Dub blesses it!!
CeCe and Gill....make it a double!
Lisa and Greg...thats a three'fer right there!!!
And apperently, despite lobbying Congress....I have another
( go figure :mad: ) birthday on the 18th.

AND...

The last Moab Zu..before the end of the world :p

:LineWave:

jo

PK
11/09/2011, 05:33 PM
The last Moab Zu..before the end of the world :p

:LineWave:

jo

You, my man, are a pessimist.:(:(:p

I am already making plans for Moab 2013.:yesy::yeso::thumbup::thumbup:

PK

Ldub
11/09/2011, 05:49 PM
You, my man, are a pessimist.:(:(:p

I am already making plans for Moab 2013.:yesy::yeso::thumbup::thumbup:

PK

:thumbup:.:thumbup:..:dance:.:dan_ban:.:_beer:. :yes:

nocturnalVX
11/09/2011, 06:18 PM
If we dump Perrier in the hot tub, does that make it international waters?

JoFotoz
11/09/2011, 09:47 PM
YUP...4 sure Gill !!...:thumbup:

I can certainly take that into account!
You bring it...I'll officiate it!!

After all..france is...well..france...and WAY over there!
(yes..no capitalization for france...it's intentional..OK?)

Gill...step up!:clap:

jo

VX KAT
11/10/2011, 12:02 AM
Wow Jo, that was apparently one of my creative moments! Hadn't seen that in a long time. :thumbup:

Wow PK, you're quite the optimist...2013......:laugho: Well I for one am hopin' the world don't end in 2012 cuz I'd like to meet ya one day buddy! :thumbup:

Bart-
To give you some idea.....this motel is just two straight rows of rooms facing each other with a parking lot in between.
Rooms 101-112 are on one side, and are a little older. Higher numbers are "closer" to the stoop.
Rooms 114 - 125 are on the other side, are a little more "modern" and a little larger. So no room is far at all.

The "stoop"...in front of rms 110, 111, 112.
http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/photokat4/DSC_7749.jpg

Looking from the "stoop" toward the lower numbered rms from 109 -101.
http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/photokat4/DSC_6969.jpg

Ldub
11/10/2011, 05:57 AM

YUP...4 sure Gill !!...:thumbup:
I can certainly take that into account!
You bring it...I'll officiate it!!

Gill...step up!:clap:

jo

I dunno guys...:_thinking

To be truly international, I think that Russian Vodka, Mexican Tequila, Scandinavian Akavit, Greek Ouzo, & so on, should be included.

As a side benefit, it'd prolly be the best disinfection that tub has ever seen...:smilewink

VX crazy
11/10/2011, 10:51 AM
Stay across the parking lot, its what I prefer, the loudmouths will keep you up all night !!!!! ROFL

MeowMix
11/10/2011, 11:32 AM
I was wondering when the Moab planning threads would start popping up, lol...I have to put my Red Rock room booking plans on hold for now though. Turns out I got an interview with WSU College of Nursing afterall (YES!), so until I hear back yay or nay on my spring term acceptance, 2012 is all up in the air for me. I'm torn between the equal amounts of both joy and sadness that either option will elicit. If I get accepted, well, I get accepted! However, I have to skip Moab -- if I'm denied, I feel like a failure all over again, but Moab is on for meow! :sady: / ;Dy;

...and if I do go, I'm definitely getting my own room this year. Sleeping on an air mattress on Mark's floor was effective and all, but I'm thinking an actual bed might be nice this time around. ;py;

MSHardeman
11/10/2011, 11:41 AM
...and if I do go, I'm definitely getting my own room this year. Sleeping on an air mattress on Mark's floor was effective and all, but I'm thinking an actual bed might be nice this time around. ;py;

Jeez.....complain, complain....:biggringr At least you had the floor and weren't sleeping in the tub, or sleeping in Kiiro in the parking lot. I would have offered to switch with you, but you know us old folks.... could have thrown my back out sleeping on the floor.:laughing:

JoFotoz
11/10/2011, 01:05 PM
Guess what Lisa...

Stay across the parking lot, its what I prefer, the loudmouths will keep you up all night !!!!! ROFL

....we prefer you over there as well!!!

Too much of this :smack:..

...going on :eek:

Luv ya :p

Jo

Triathlete
11/10/2011, 01:06 PM
Moab is more than likely a no go for me. IF I qualify for Kona next week its a definate no...will have to save every $$$ I can for that adventure. If I don't qualify it is a maybe...I will be racing in Vegas that weekend and may be able to swing over after. And if I do I'm camping as always anyways...it's just part of the experience for me!:D
You all will have to find someone else to entertain you with "tales from the end of a tow strap"!:)

VX crazy
11/10/2011, 01:17 PM
You could hear that all the way over there?????? Ball gag should help next year!

Guess what Lisa...

....we prefer you over there as well!!!

Too much of this :smack:..

...going on :eek:

Luv ya :p

Jo

VX KAT
11/10/2011, 01:31 PM
You could hear that all the way over there?????? Ball gag should help next year!

oh my, she's starting already....:freek:
Jo this is your fault!

JoFotoz
11/10/2011, 01:32 PM
LMAO!!....

Here ya go...

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/Hello-Kitty-Canyon.jpg (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=21712)

:eek:...:smack:...:eek:

Jo

VXorado
11/10/2011, 01:49 PM
:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Can that be the official hello kitty canyon sticker?

JoFotoz
11/10/2011, 01:52 PM
I do believe...

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Can that be the official hello kitty canyon sticker?

...it already is!

I gave 'em out last year...:jump:

jo

BigSwede
11/10/2011, 02:25 PM

Bart

The "Stoop" can be seen quite clearly, it's right behind all those Isuzus...:bgwb:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y40/BigSwede/Moab%202010/IMGP0188.jpg

MeowMix
11/10/2011, 03:02 PM
Jeez.....complain, complain....:biggringr At least you had the floor and weren't sleeping in the tub, or sleeping in Kiiro in the parking lot. I would have offered to switch with you, but you know us old folks.... could have thrown my back out sleeping on the floor.:laughing:

What are you talking about with this old business? You're a regular spring chicken my friend, lol :laughy: And as for the floor...like I said, it was effective. I was drunk by bedtime half the time, so I didn't really know the difference anyway. ;Dy;

VXorado
11/10/2011, 03:56 PM
...it already is!

I gave 'em out last year...:jump:

jo

Thats what I get for missing Moab last year :mady:

JoFotoz
11/10/2011, 04:47 PM
I may have a spare one left...

...if I do, I'll bring it to Moab 2012.

Are ya gonna be there??

jo

VXorado
11/10/2011, 06:39 PM
I may have a spare one left...

...if I do, I'll bring it to Moab 2012.

Are ya gonna be there??

jo

That would be great if you have one, I plan on being there the entire week ;)

JoFotoz
11/10/2011, 09:10 PM
Yup..Found it.

That would be great if you have one, I plan on being there the entire week ;)

I'll bring it for ya.

Jo

Scott Harness
11/11/2011, 09:35 AM
Just reserved my usual spot... room 108...8 years in row!:clap::jump:

rowhard
11/14/2011, 07:41 PM
Moab is more than likely a no go for me. IF I qualify for Kona next week its a definate no...will have to save every $$$ I can for that adventure.

Billy, I would think if you qualify for Kona, the VX hat would be passed around to help out.

PK
11/14/2011, 08:39 PM
:thumbup:.:thumbup:..:dance:.:dan_ban:.:_beer:. :yes:

Wow PK, you're quite the optimist...2013......:laugho: Well I for one am hopin' the world don't end in 2012 cuz I'd like to meet ya one day buddy! :thumbup:

Yep, I am the optimist.

I am optimistic that -

The world won't end before then.
I will still be fit and healthy and living above ground then.
The major project I am leading at the moment, will be completed. (Due Dec 2012).
I will retire in March 2013.
I will have enough financial resources to splurge about US$4,000 on a trip to the US of A. (By then, that will be about $200 Aussie.)

I have a deal with the better half - she is going to India for 2 weeks in this coming Dec/Jan with the Girl Guides (yeah, I am a cradle snatcher).
And I can go wheeling with my VX brothers and sisters in Moab in May 2013.

So, keeping everything crossed, that is what will happen.

PK

Triathlete
11/14/2011, 09:12 PM
PK...I can highly recommend retirement! :D
Life is good!

VX KAT
11/14/2011, 09:43 PM
PK- Sounds like a great plan! :thumbup:

JoFotoz
11/15/2011, 11:49 AM
PLEASE PK...

..bring Cheese Twisties!!

:thumbup:

Jo

VXorado
02/22/2012, 09:35 AM
Just booked my room & the 15% discount is still applicable. FYI, they said they're getting booked up.

I'll be there May 14th-19th. :)

Ldub
02/22/2012, 01:05 PM
Just booked my room

:dance:

ND92
03/09/2012, 03:34 PM
snuck by and managed to get a room booked :thumb up:
I am very excited for this trip and can't wait to meet everyone :bwgy:

Kenny
03/20/2012, 10:20 AM
Just tried to book. Red Rock is Full.:(
So is Inca Inn.

I'm in Adventure Inn - Room 7. From Sunday to Saturday.
($83/nite)

Serves me right for procrastinating.
:happyface

pbkid
03/20/2012, 10:26 AM
just gotta find a nearby hotel :) no worries Kenny, im gonna be in the same boat. I havent been able to lock down my dates for this year, so ive been waiting to hear back from my boss to book....

VX KAT
03/20/2012, 10:41 AM
just gotta find a nearby hotel :) no worries Kenny, im gonna be in the same boat. I havent been able to lock down my dates for this year, so ive been waiting to hear back from my boss to book....

Jack BOOK SOMETHING.... you can make reservations and cancel WITHOUT any fee or penalty, even like up to 24 hrs before arrival....at MOST motels/hotels. SOME want a first night's deposit or charge for the first night, but it's refundable too.

Dumke
03/20/2012, 11:12 AM

x 2.

:(

BigSwede
03/20/2012, 01:03 PM
The Silver Sage is one of the cheaper places...it kind of looks like a bunch of mobile homes tied together, but it is actually pretty decent, a little nicer than the Red Rock I would say.

Moncha
03/22/2012, 09:19 PM
I've finally got my approval for the time off as well. We will be coming in on Monday the 14th and be leaving on Thursday the 17th. It'll be a short trip but, we'll pack as much as we can into it!

We couldn't get a room at the 'Rock but we will be just around the corner at the Red Canyon Lodge

Ldub
03/22/2012, 09:36 PM
I've finally got my approval for the time off as well. We will be coming in on Monday the 14th and be leaving on Thursday the 17th. It'll be a short trip but, we'll pack as much as we can into it!

We couldn't get a room at the 'Rock but we will be just around the corner at the Red Canyon Lodge

S C H W E E T !

:dance:.:LineWave:.:dan_ban:.:LineWave:.:dance:

Jay Dunford
03/22/2012, 09:36 PM

That's great! Can't wait to see you guys again.

Ldub
03/22/2012, 09:37 PM
The Silver Sage is one of the cheaper places...it kind of looks like a bunch of mobile homes tied together, but it is actually pretty decent, a little nicer than the Red Rock I would say.

Srsly???...:confused:

What could be nicer than the R-R...:laughing:

BigSwede
03/22/2012, 10:47 PM
Well I was referring to the amenities of the rooms themselves...nothing can beat "the stoop" though.

VX crazy
03/23/2012, 05:27 AM

YAY!!!! Those are the exact days we will be there too!

BigSwede
04/18/2012, 07:06 AM

Did you mean Red Cliffs Lodge? Or River Canyon Lodge? Or maybe the Redstone Inn? :p

Moncha
04/18/2012, 10:31 AM
Sorry Steve, you got me on that one. It's the River Canyon Lodge

nocturnalVX
04/18/2012, 04:04 PM
We are booked from the 12th to the 18th... can't wait!!! See all y'all soon!
:_beer:

JoFotoz
04/18/2012, 07:21 PM
SWEET!!!!

We are booked from the 12th to the 18th... can't wait!!! See all y'all soon!
:_beer:

...perhaps a brew or two on the night of the 12th... :_beer:

Then we can crawl out of bed , onto the stoop...

...and greet people on Sunday!

Dub/Ms.P & Jim should be there early Sunday afternoon.

Jo

Ldub
04/18/2012, 07:23 PM
Did you mean Red Cliffs Lodge? Or River Canyon Lodge? Or maybe the Redstone Inn? :p

That's one of the biggest drawbacks of the "Magic Kingdom"...there's SO much RED...:upsetgray...:laughing:

Ldub
04/18/2012, 07:27 PM
Then we can crawl out of bed , onto the stoop...

...and greet people on Sunday!

Dub/Ms.P & Jim should be there early Sunday afternoon.

Jo

Yeh BUDDY...:thumbup:...:_beer:

Gonna be in DIRE need of somethin' to "cut the dust" with, when we pull the ponies into the corral...:yesgray:

BTW...better revise the ETA, to a more realistic MID aftrnewn...I know how we travel...:rolleyesg

BigSwede
04/19/2012, 06:55 AM
That's one of the biggest drawbacks of the "Magic Kingdom"...there's SO much RED...:upsetgray...:laughing:

Yeah...between Moab and Gilbert, I can never tell when my truck is rusty because it is always red underneath! :grino: