PDA

View Full Version : meet me in atlanta ga

bearandbee
11/09/2011, 10:45 AM
I would really like to meet another VX owner in GA. We've been working on our VX but it still sounds and handles poorly. I think it would be great to compare it to another members ride so we can identify which projects to tackle next. Anybody live in GA?

Moonrover
11/09/2011, 11:47 AM
ill be there around thanksgiving time.

bearandbee
11/09/2011, 01:09 PM
I'll be in NC thanksgiving but thank you for the offer!

Breezy
11/09/2011, 01:31 PM
I'm coming down to the Nashville area for a few days before, during, and after Thanksgiving.

Bob Barker
11/10/2011, 09:09 AM
Doesn't help any, but I bought my VX from a guy in Atlanta about 2 1/2 years ago. So at least there USED to be another VX in the area, now it's in central FL.

wekilled
11/10/2011, 11:41 AM
I will be moving from Monterey CA, to Fort Benning next Spring (for yet another deployment). I will have some time though before I fly from GA. I have done various mods you can take a look at when I move there.

bearandbee
11/10/2011, 07:11 PM
Thanks ! My cousin just settled here after deployment.

joshi
11/10/2011, 07:34 PM
I'm five hours drive from Atlanta :)
(southeast GA )

johnnyapollo
11/11/2011, 02:48 AM
I'm in Atlanta, what area are you in and when would you like to meet?

johnnyapollo@gmail.com

-- John

wekilled
11/12/2011, 11:12 AM
Thanks ! My cousin just settled here after deployment.

Lots of time till I actually start the roadtrip end of Apr. But anyway if you are up to visit sometime, we can setup a meet.

As far as mods, here are a few I have tackled or am in the midst of: Mercedes grille guard, Nerf Bars, Amigo taillight guards (working), trailer hitch, overhead console, fog lights and Trooper ie "fuzzy hole" replacement, Amigo spare tire mount (working), Amigo headrests, shifter and pedals changeout, performance muffler. Lots of other stuff, but those are a few to get ideas going.

As always with a VX, it is a "work in progress" which is good, otherwise I'd get bored of it.

Johnnyapollo has been around for ever and I got lots of ideas off his website when I first got my VX in 2004. Now its an obsession like most VXers...