PDA

View Full Version : Guages mod revisted

Raque Thomas
10/02/2003, 04:19 PM
I stopped by the dealer today and looked at a '02 Trooper he had on the lot. The guage cluster looked identical to ours except for the odometer, which is digital (and no trip odometer cutout). Take a look at this guage cluster on eBay ('99-'02 Trooper with TOD): http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33677&item=2435366575 do you think this would work in our cars?

johnnyapollo
10/02/2003, 06:22 PM
It looks like it would work to me, with a little modification (need to cut a square hole for the trip odometer, and possible some of the dummy lights).

-- John

Raque Thomas
10/02/2003, 06:44 PM
It would cost a bit more, but may be able to piece together the one mentioned above with the one for the '94-'95 Trooper (eBay item number 2435577442 and get a complete set. The '94-95 set looks exactly like waht I saw when I had the dash out of my car, then I could take the TOD & shift indicators out of the '02 kit. Under $60 for a complete guage facelift?

SGT.BATGUANO
10/03/2003, 02:36 AM
Whoever manufactures those gauge faces should be contacted for a custom order/ group buy. They look better than the other "overlays"

Inaba
10/03/2003, 09:17 AM
If someone wants to contact them, I can see if I can get the guage cluster back from Speedhut and send it to them for a fit...

Raque Thomas
10/03/2003, 09:23 AM
Inaba - I'll work on it. The guages were from ProCar Parts - but I doubt they were the mfg. I'll contact them and try to determine who made them.

WormGod
10/03/2003, 10:04 AM
Good find. Keep us posted. :thumbup:

MrCrowley
10/03/2003, 04:56 PM
Something else of interest. When looking at Troopers when I bought my 98- I noticed the base S model trooper was available with a manual tranny and instead of TOD indicator it had oil and battery gauge on the left side. I also think the 2wd Troopers made in the last couple of years had the same thing but also had the transmission position indicator like the VX. It would be nice to install one of these and hack the factory VX cluster to get the TOD out and install somewhere in the center along with an altimeter, compass, and yaw/pitch indicator. Now to see about the mach speedometer along with the weapon lock indicator! LOL

Raque Thomas
10/03/2003, 05:11 PM
McCrowley, the guages are all separate behind the black trim plate - so you could easily take the TOD out and move it by extending the wires. Of course you'd have to fab some sort of surround/finish plate, but it could be done pretty easily. Our guages are all separate like the '94-'95 guages on eBay, not put together like the '02 ones are.