triggering these warning lights. They said, "yeah
these sensors are expensive". I said "gee,
ya think?". Anyway... To cut
to the chase all I want to do is figure
out how to quell the friggin idiot lights
on my dash. I seem to recall that there
might be a, shall we say, shortcut to
accomplishing this goal. Any help in
this regard would be sincerely appreciated.

Angeno

rowhard
11/04/2011, 07:16 AM
shall we say, shortcut to
accomplishing this goal. Any help in
this regard would be sincerely appreciated.
Angeno

pull the dash, pull the light bulbs

VXorado
11/04/2011, 10:04 AM
The ABS light is common and usually the only way to "fix it" is to replace the ABS module or remove the bulb.

The Airbag light is less common & you will probably want to get that serviced if you want the airbags to be functional. The service manual in the "download" section may have some airbag troubleshooting info if you want to source the problem yourself.

VXR
11/04/2011, 12:56 PM
This may help with your ABS light:

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=16975

SlowPro48
11/04/2011, 02:48 PM
There's a guy in Virginia who can probably repair your ABS unit for less than $100. He sells this service via eBay auctions all the time - and it's lot's cheaper than airbag sensors apparently! He fixed mine for $85 and it's doing just fine.

angeno
11/04/2011, 04:22 PM
pull the dash, pull the light bulbs

I like this idea best of all! Frack the frockin ABS. Flurge the flippin airbag. We're all men here. 'cept for the women of course...

:yesy:

angeno
11/04/2011, 04:23 PM
The ABS light is common and usually the only way to "fix it" is to replace the ABS module or remove the bulb.

The Airbag light is less common & you will probably want to get that serviced if you want the airbags to be functional. The service manual in the "download" section may have some airbag troubleshooting info if you want to source the problem yourself.

I vote PULL THE BULBS!:bwgy:

angeno
11/04/2011, 04:23 PM
There's a guy in Virginia who can probably repair your ABS unit for less than $100. He sells this service via eBay auctions all the time - and it's lot's cheaper than airbag sensors apparently! He fixed mine for $85 and it's doing just fine.

Interesting option, thank you for letting me know...

angeno
11/04/2011, 04:24 PM
This may help with your ABS light:

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=16975

Thank you. I think I am going to find someone to help me remove two lightbulbs and we'll be done with the issue once and for all.

:smilewink

VXR
11/04/2011, 08:17 PM
you could try the Riff Raff suggestion:yesb:

Simply put a tiny piece of Black Electrical Tape over the ABS indicator light on the instrument panel